Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker
Re: Expansion Recomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDAR88 View Post
See above for the good sets, but when you gotta buy somethin', go to...

EBAY!
By Weird Al: I bought it On Ebay (To the tune of I want it that way). Great song.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDAR88 View Post
See above for the good sets, but when you gotta buy somethin', go to...

EBAY!
By Weird Al: I bought it On Ebay (To the tune of I want it that way). Great song.
ooooh... I just LOVE that song...What I bought on Eeebaaayyy...

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:53 PM

docweb2004 Woo who?

Here would be my suggestions:

Fortress of the Archkyrie (if available)

1. Aquilla Alliance - Great expansion, includes Zelrig and Zetacron
2 Utgar's Revenge - 2 of the Minutemen & Wolves
3 2 of the Warriours & Soulborgs from Thora's Vengeance
4a Jandar's Oath - The Gorillas and Hounds
4b Thora's Vengeance - The Soulbourgs

If the Fortress isn't available, you can get everything else from housemousegames.com and the Terrain Maps are great. I like the water ones to base a battlefield on.

Or as someone suggested, get another ROTV master set, that is the least expensive way to get terrain.

Hope this helps!

AKA Agent Johnny Utah
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:10 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

What I'm thinking right now is...
1 SotM
2-3 RttFF
2 Minutemen and Wolves
1 Heroes of Durgeth
1 Complete Set Wave 8
1+ Fortress (Provided the pricing isn't rediculous.)
2+ LEXON Mats

Possibly 1 AA or 1 Rakners Vision

I've notice since I've started looking around about 2-3 weeks ago that a lot of places say out of stock, but still have the item on their page. In that time till now almost none have actually restocked. Do they not actually restock or does it just take a lot of time?
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:54 AM

Palmer knows what's in an order marker Palmer knows what's in an order marker Palmer knows what's in an order marker

Restocking times... might as well check a Magic 8-Ball.

Stores can't just call up their distributor and order a new batch. A lot of the stuff out there simply isn't available anymore. Many stores leave the pages up until they get more stock, but there's no time frame on this.

Wave 3 is a good example. WOTC found some more Wave 3 in their warehouses a while back and sent it out through the distributors, great. So places restocked Wave 3... for a while.

Now? There's pretty much none out there. WOTC is out of stock, so the distributors are out of stock, and thus the stores CAN'T restock. Not until WOTC does a reprint of Wave 3.

And they're not planning to anytime soon. Currently, they're planning to reprint Wave 1... this SUMMER. And onyl Wave 1, not any other waves.

They're also not planning to reprint Fortress or ROTV. So those won't be restocked.

"WITNESS ME!"
Thorgrim rides the Fury Road, all shiny and chrome
in the Volcarren Wasteland
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:04 AM

Palmer knows what's in an order marker Palmer knows what's in an order marker Palmer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
It would be really helpful for me (and probably for the OP too) to have a list of, in your opinion, the 5 or 10 best booster packs to have (including multiples).
Part of your decision has to do with what you want out of your packs.

Are you looking to be a competitive tournament player? Or do you want to get some friends and have a bunch of samurai bring swords to a soulborg gunfight?

Competitively, you'll want either
Grut Orcs and Swog Riders (plus Krug)
or Lots of 4th Mass. Line
or Deathreavers.

Regardless, you want Raknar's Vision Large Set for Major Q9.

For friendly play? Go for things that give you more variety and fun. Get a Large set... Raknar's Vision is still a great choice. It has Q9 the soulborg, a gryphon, a giant and TWO dragons. They're figs people love to play with in general, and most of them are quite strong to boot.

But then get packs that add variety. In this sense, I would actually concentrate on packs with uniques. Get the various Hero packs. Get the Nakitas and Gladiators. Don't worry about the common squads and needing 2-3 packs of each. The exception: Zombies. Get zombies. Zombies come as 2 squads in one pack, so you are well set with only one pack. Plus they're zombies!

It comes down to what you want out of the game. Myself, I play with my kids. We want cool heroes and a variety of choices. Getting 3 sets of deathreavers would just see them sit in the box. Kids don't deathreavers, they want dragons!

Given my focus, I'm concentrating on maximum figure count for minimum bucks. I don't much care how good or bad the figs are, I just want to play them.

"WITNESS ME!"
Thorgrim rides the Fury Road, all shiny and chrome
in the Volcarren Wasteland
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by docweb2004 View Post
Here would be my suggestions:

Fortress of the Archkyrie (if available)
Yup.

Quote:
1. Aquilla Alliance - Great expansion, includes Zelrig and Zetacron
Definitely!
Quote:
2 Utgar's Revenge - 2 of the Minutemen & Wolves
Okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by docweb2004;7Check!81108
3 2 of the Warriours & Soulborgs from Thora's Vengeance
I'm with ya!
Quote:
4a Jandar's Oath - The Gorillas and Hounds
Huh?! You lost me on this one, pal....

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:47 PM

Corpsy is surprisingly tart

I'm pretty new at the game still, and I have to agree with what a lot of people have suggested so far.

Swarm of the Marro is the big must-have if you really want to get some bang for the buck as far as units and hexes. I know you said you're not a big fan of Utgar units, but these guys might make up for it with their synergy with the Hive.

Next, I'd be looking at units that enhance the units you already have. You shouldn't have trouble finding the Wave 2 Knights, and those are great because they bond with human champions, which include those viking heroes in ROTV you probably hardly use.

You'll probably also want the orcs from Wave 1. I want them too, and I'll be getting them when they're re-released this summer. They help power up Mimring and Grimnak.

Going back to Wave 2, the Minutemen are a great squad, and their all-valiant bonus takes advantage of a number of ROTV units and the knights. Also, if you can get over your distaste for Utgar units in general, you might wan the Drones and Minions. The Drones work well with the Hive, and the Minions are just bad-ass.

So, yeah, get all of Wave 2 while you can, and get at least two of all the common packs.

You can also find Wave 8 around, but there's not much terribly appealing to me in there. I don't like the elves because I don't like the idea of having to use what's essentially a very specific, pre-built army. The Soldiers and Wolves are good, though the 4th Reg are slightly redundant if you have 10th Mass. The Marro Cavalry could be handy as they bond with Ne-Gok-Sa from ROTV and Be-Burk-Sa from the Wave 2 hero pack, but I don't think they're a good deal as you just get 3 units per package. They're also expensive to draft.

Aquilla's Alliance is still readily available. Not much synergy going on there, but all very good units.

I know you said you didn't care what is and isn't in stock, but you'll get more for you money buying stuff that's more readily available.
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post

6. Wave 5: Elves and Soulborgs. The deathreavers (rats), are the only A+ squad unit not yet included in this list or in the master sets. They are a must for board control. The elves boost your elf army and provide a solid melee squad. Buy multiples here. I have four sets of Elves and five squads of rats. Many people agree three squads in an army is the perfect number for rats.
I think you are talking about Wave 4: Soulborgs and Elves, right? Not Wave 5: Warriors and Soulborgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I would add Minions and Sentinels (if you can find them) to your list of must-haves. Some of the best commons out there.
Minions and Sentinels? Is this Wave 2's Drones and Minions?
Old March 25th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Warriors and Soulborgs has the rats. WoA aren't bad either. I'm pretty sure he meant that.

I don't think he was talking about a specific pack when he mentioned Minions and Sentinels. Just talking about them both in general.

Both of which are good suggestions.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Warriors and Soulborgs has the rats. WoA aren't bad either. I'm pretty sure he meant that.

I don't think he was talking about a specific pack when he mentioned Minions and Sentinels. Just talking about them both in general.

Brandon

Sorry, but what's WoA? Is that the Warriors in the Warriors and Soulborgs pack?

Also, what are Sentinels? I don't see that in the list of packs I'm looking at...the list could be wrong though.

And thanks everybody for responding. You have been most helpful.
Old March 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post

Brandon

Sorry, but what's WoA? Is that the Warriors in the Warriors and Soulborgs pack?

Also, what are Sentinels? I don't see that in the list of packs I'm looking at...the list could be wrong though.

And thanks everybody for responding. You have been most helpful.
Sentinels of Jandar are in Monks and Sentinels, Warriors of Ashra are in Warriors and Soulborgs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion