Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws Now Official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
For testing maps, I would suggest we play the maps with:

1) a 800 pt or so Marvel only armies
2) a single flying Marvel against a non-flying Marvel with an extra 350 pts or so per side using Classic Heroscape
3) Hulk or Silver Surfer vs. his point value in Classic Heroscape

I think this would show if a map has certain tendencies or not.
I used 900 point mixed armies and #3 but I used Iron Man and Capn America (as a team) instead. Looks like I've got more playtesting to do

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:40 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

I'll play test with pure Marvel and TNT heroes. 1000 points

Old December 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
The reason I believe I could be hurting it is because of my lack of peices. I don't even have a SotM (not to mention all the non FotA terrain expansions), and subbing in for swamp water is not easy, not to mention it's impossible to get away with using Castle "pillars" as Jungle trees. But I do appreciate your vote of confidence, stumpy_man.

EDIT: Thank you, spidysox, as well. I do appreciate all your guys' support. Maybe I'll reconsider stepping down, even if ET86 does get in.
Thanks to all for the support. TSS, I will not put myself up for nomination if you are going to leave. I would feel absolutely terrible about replacing a judge who had been here since the beginning. I think I may be able to help you with some terrain in the upcoming months. PM on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
For testing maps, I would suggest we play the maps with:

1) a 800 pt or so Marvel only armies
2) a single flying Marvel against a non-flying Marvel with an extra 350 pts or so per side using Classic Heroscape
3) Hulk or Silver Surfer vs. his point value in Classic Heroscape

I think this would show if a map has certain tendencies or not.
While I agree that there is no need to specifically nail down the exact method for playtesting, peteparkerh has given a very reasonable way to start. I would suggest to all that this method be tried by at least a few judges, if not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

I would like to nominate EternalThanos86 as a judge for BoM. He appears to know a good map, and I believe could be very valuable, as well. If he is accepted, I WILL NOT be stepping down from my posistion as a judge. It appears that I am wanted for this project very much, and I don't think I could stand to dissapoint everyone (not to mention, I want to be a part of BoM, anyway ).

Current Status:

Heroscapers Judge(s) pending acceptance:
EternalThanos86

YES=1 [The Silver Surfer] NO=0[] Pending=4 [Peteparkerh, Spidysox, stumpy_man, Ugly_Caco]

Maps Under Review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 1 [Spidysox] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 4 [Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, stumpy_man, Peteparkerh (not eligble, his map)]

Maps pending review:
None

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
I would like to nominate EternalThanos86 as a judge for BoM. He appears to know a good map, and I believe could be very valuable, as well. If he is accepted, I WILL NOT be stepping down from my posistion as a judge. It appears that I am wanted for this project very much, and I don't think I could stand to dissapoint everyone (not to mention, I want to be a part of BoM, anyway ).
I'm good with ET86 being part of this. We have to stop working on judges now and start submitting maps!

As a side note, I believe Spidysox was voting we should review, not add my map. I changed the status below. We need to play test it more (any excuse to play more Heroscape ).

Current Status:

EternalThanos86

YES=2 [The Silver Surfer, Peteparkerh] NO=0[] Pending=3 [Spidysox, stumpy_man, Ugly_Caco]

Maps Under Review:
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 4 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, stumpy_man] ; Can't Vote= 1 [Peteparkerh]

Maps pending review:
None

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pete did you get my e-mail? And for my feedback I'm ok with ET86.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 9th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Pete did you get my e-mail? And for my feedback I'm ok with ET86.
No. PM me your email and I'll email you back.

Old December 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'm good with ET86 coming on board.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Mayor of Scape City

I would like to nominate Jodokast's Under the "EL" battlefield. I think it needs a few changes (which Jodokast agrees). Please see the attached drawings with some suggested changes. It could be like this, or different, but I think the concept needs to be reviewed.

Under the "EL" by Jodokast
(mod with added curbs and hill)
1 ROTV, 1 Marvel, 1 FOTA

Current Status:

EternalThanos86
YES=3 [The Silver Surfer, Peteparkerh, Spidysox] NO=0[] Pending=2 [Stumpy_man, Ugly_Caco]

Maps Under Review:
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 4 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man] ; Can't Vote= 1 [Peteparkerh]

Maps pending review:
Under the "EL" by Jodokast
YES = 1 [Peteparkerh] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 4 [Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man]

Old December 10th, 2008, 10:41 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Several things are needed, peteparkeh. 1, download with the changes. 2. Start zones. 3. Are there special rules for the train, or are we just leaving it as a regular map?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:35 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

"Under the El" looks cool. Very Marvelish, however Surfer is right. We won't be able to play this one without the download.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Don't know if this is the *updated* version, but here is the link from jodokast's map thread.

Under the 'El'

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios