Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 25th, 2006, 05:16 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli
But aren't the Star Wars figures slightly too large for HS scale?
too small actually.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old August 26th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro
The size isn't too bad. Someone, Boromir I think, did a whole line of LOTR customs. I believe he was usoing those figures.
I'll have to go looking for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Here is a thread where figure scales have been compared (MK, HC, LoTR, etc.):
Yeah, I remember that thread, but I hadn't been keeping up with it; thanx for the reminder, Newb! Great comparison pics you have there.

So you think I should pick it up then? It was like 20 bux. Which on the one hand doesn't seem like a bad price, but considering how stupidly expensive everything else in the place was, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
Quote:
But aren't the Star Wars figures slightly too large for HS scale?
too small actually.
Yeah, actually there were some good comparison pics of thw SW figs in the thread Newb pointed me to as well. The older SW figs do appear to be too small, but it looked like the newer figs are actually pretty spot on.

So I guess those aren't the same figs I'm thinking of. Who makes these?
Old August 26th, 2006, 03:41 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
So I guess those aren't the same figs I'm thinking of. Who makes these?
Wizards of the Coast makes the Star Wars miniatures line. The mini figures are usually found in game shops. Back in the day the figures were too small for HS but lately they have gotten bigger and seem to fit pretty well.

The figures which are too large for HS are the Star Wars Unleashed figures. They can be found in most stores with a toy section.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old August 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Wizards of the Coast makes the Star Wars miniatures line. The mini figures are usually found in game shops. Back in the day the figures were too small for HS but lately they have gotten bigger and seem to fit pretty well.
Great, I'll have to look for some. What do they generally go for? They're not blind purchase are they? That would be sort of yucky.

Quote:
The figures which are too large for HS are the Star Wars Unleashed figures. They can be found in most stores with a toy section.
You are absolutely correct, sir. Those are the very ones I was thinking of.
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:28 PM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
Before you drop $20 on that LOTR set check your local ToysRus or Kaybe. I picked up that same starter kit for $4.95 on clearance at Toysrus about 6 months ago.
aardvark
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Great, I'll have to look for some. What do they generally go for? They're not blind purchase are they? That would be sort of yucky.
All blind. It's basicly the same game as D&D minis, but with starwars.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Old August 27th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark22
Before you drop $20 on that LOTR set check your local ToysRus or Kaybe. I picked up that same starter kit for $4.95 on clearance at Toysrus about 6 months ago.
Good tip, aardvark! I'll look around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
All blind. It's basicly the same game as D&D minis, but with starwars.
Aw, that's lame. Well, perhaps my new FLGS has individuals for sale, like they do with D&D minis. But prolly not, I'm guessing.

I hate blind purchase crap ...
Old August 27th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You can always check around on certain auction sites (*cough, cough, "EBay", cough) for singles of the ones you like. The commons and uncommons aren't too bad at some of the stores. The rares/ultra rares can be very expensive. You can go to www.wizards.com and check the SWM Gallery and find the ones you want.

Newb.
Old August 27th, 2006, 03:58 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Some sites will let you buy large batches of commons for cheap.

Old August 28th, 2006, 10:59 AM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart
I don't know if anyone has seen those new GI Joe figs. They are too big for HS but the B.A.T. robots would be cool as large soulborgs.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old August 28th, 2006, 06:43 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeabird
I don't know if anyone has seen those new GI Joe figs. They are too big for HS but the B.A.T. robots would be cool as large soulborgs.
Got any pics?
Old August 28th, 2006, 11:34 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
A couple pages back we were talking about scale of LoTR miniatures. Thought I would throw this out for anyone who's interested:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions