Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 7th, 2018, 01:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jessica Jones - VOTE for Initial Playtest

yea
Old October 7th, 2018, 01:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

One last quick thought, if there is room on the card I'd consider adding something that says the adjacent figure she can't attack can't make a LEA on her. Then she can rough someone up and use the double turn option to move to a new target that she can attack. Also that makes me realize that you need a once per turn limit if she can take a double turn, unless that is okay with everyone since she can only find the X once (not counting Loki).
Old October 7th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't see any need for the no LEA on an additional turn. Nothing about finding out some intell means that they shouldn't be able to fight back, IMO.

I don't think you need a once per turn limit. Outside of Loki cases (in which case finding the second X wouldn't get you another turn anyway) the best she can do is get a second turn and +1 attack on that second turn.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 7th, 2018, 06:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Jessica Jones - Design

Sorry, I'm tring to work this out in my head and it's just not coming through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK, I can dig that concept. Slight wording tweakage gets us:

POUND THE PAVEMENT
After moving and before attacking with Jessica Jones, you may choose an adjacent opponent's figure and an unrevealed Order Marker on any Army Card that opponent controls. That opponent may allow you to view the chosen Order Marker. If they do not, Jessica rolls an additional die when attacking the chosen figure this turn. If they do and you view an "X" Order Marker, Jessica may not attack the chosen figure this turn and after taking a turn with Jessica, you may take an immediate turn with Jessica or a Unique Fighter or Crime Fighter Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of her. After this turn, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
So the options are
A. The opponent doesn't let you see the OM = she adds 1 to her attack this turn.
B1. They show you the marker and it's the "X" = she can't attack but she can take a second turn and do it again or activate another figure for a turn.
B2. They show you a 1, 2, or 3 OM = ???? she just attacks normally and no additional turns?

So thematically, She engages a figure and tries to intimidate them they either hold back and she hits them harder than she would normally (A. +1 attack) or they give up something unimportant (B1 the "X") and she lets him go and her or her teammate follow up, or they give her a future move (B2 1, 2, or 3 OM) and she just punches him normally.

Do I have that right or are we saying the "X" is the important info?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 7th, 2018, 09:13 PM
C3G Landlord

The 'info' she is looking for is an abstract idea represented by the X for our purposes. Where is the kidnap victim being held? Where is the bomb? What is your target? Who did the crime? etc. If they tell her what she wants to know, she doesn't attack them but then she does get to take another turn or an ally can take a turn (where they might attack them). They can also tell her something useful (turn order info), but not what she was asking about so she hits them anyway. Or they can tell her nothing at all, and get hit extra hard for their efforts.
Old October 7th, 2018, 09:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, that seems about right.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 8th, 2018, 12:07 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Alright thanks guys. I think I have it now. Though I think typing it out and having to think about how to word my question was also a huge help.

So it looks like as an opponent If she chooses a numbered OM you just show it but if she chooses the X you either let the figure take a hit, or if he's weak/valuable you show it and risk the second activation but save the first figure.

EDIT: I guess you don't really save the first figure since she can just attack him the second turn.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 8th, 2018, 12:29 AM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, she shouldn't be able to attack that figure with either turn I would think. Personally I think it's just cleaner if the double turn part is dropped and the bonus for finding the X is the bonding. If you know where the X is from the get go (because say Wolverine has 1 OM in a Cyclopes II army where Cyclopes is at full life with all 3 other OM's) then she can point to the X and ask about it all 3 times if she has all 3 OMs herself. That gets her either a +1 attack or a bonded turn each time. If you don't have anyone to bond with, you either choose an OM you don't think is the X, then keep choosing it as long as it remains unrevealed, or just choose not to use the power if you are worried about finding the X and losing your only attack option. Other option, if possible, is to engage with 2 figures, then you can attack one of the two after using the power.
Old October 8th, 2018, 09:12 AM

If folks think her getting a double activation is holding things up, I can drop it. I liked the idea of her investigation galvanizing her to more action, since she works alone just as often as with a team.

Old October 8th, 2018, 09:55 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
If folks think her getting a double activation is holding things up, I can drop it. I liked the idea of her investigation galvanizing her to more action, since she works alone just as often as with a team.
No that's not the issue at all. It's not her getting a second turn it's the theme your selling with her not attacking if she gets the info is blown up if the second turn she just beats on the guy she just let off the hook.

At least that's my thoughts.

Old October 8th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
No that's not the issue at all. It's not her getting a second turn it's the theme your selling with her not attacking if she gets the info is blown up if the second turn she just beats on the guy she just let off the hook.

At least that's my thoughts.
Would just updating it so that she can't attack the figure for the rest of the player turn solve the issue?

Slightly belated thought, but could Mental Resilience be simplified to a straight-up d20 modifier (essentially reverse Weak-Minded)? It wouldn't work on all forms of mind control that way, but it would work on the important one (Purple Man's Pheromone Control), and it would resolve more quickly than a die roll.

I'm a yea on testing either way.
Old October 8th, 2018, 02:27 PM
C3G Landlord

I get the works alone angle and agree we should work it in there somehow, just the no attack part makes it messy when combined with the double turn. Maybe instead of no attack when the X is found, it's an attack of -1 vs. the figure you worked over for info for the rest of the player turn.

POUND THE PAVEMENT
After moving and before attacking with Jessica Jones, you may choose an adjacent opponent's figure and an unrevealed Order Marker on any Army Card that opponent controls. That opponent may allow you to view the chosen Order Marker. If they do not, Jessica rolls an additional die when attacking the chosen figure this turn. If they do and you view an "X" Order Marker, Jessica rolls one fewer die when attacking the chosen figure this player turn and after taking a turn with Jessica, you may take an immediate turn with Jessica or a Unique Fighter or Crime Fighter Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of her. After this turn, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

So the options for your opponent when JJ is engaged with exactly 1 figure and you have 1 or more unrevealed OM's still in play are as follows:

Option 1: reveal nothing to JJ, JJ gets +1 attack die this turn
Option 2: reveal upcoming #ed OM info to JJ, JJ attacks normally this turn
Option 3: reveal X OM to JJ, JJ has -1 attack die vs. figure she is currently engaged with this player turn, plus JJ can take a second turn or bond with a Fighter/Crimefighter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library