Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 4th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
El T's Maps, Scenarios, and More (3/31/2014)

For those of us who are limited in building material to only Rise of the Valkyrie, or anyone who may be interested, this thread is for maps and scenarios that only require RotV materials.

Try these out! Criticize! Post your own! Enjoy!

Maps:
The Columns of Laur: Original and Revision 1
Boot Hill: Original

Scenarios:

Last edited by El T; March 31st, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Map: The Columns of Laur

Since RotV doesn't offer much in the ways of LoS blockers apart from the ruins, I experimented in this map by making columns out of terrain to balance out Range and Melee. I will make scenarios for this map soon, and for all of them I will include some kind of disadvantage to perching on the columns and thus gaining ultimate height advantage, otherwise the AE would have an absurdly large advantage with The Drop.

Building directions and start zones:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by El T; August 4th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old August 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Poor Man's Atlas: El T's RotV-only maps and scenario

Put instructions in spoilers, please.

{spoiler}{/spoiler}, replace {} with [].

Map looks neat, but like a rat city in the center...
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Fixed.
Is "like a rat city" bad?
Old August 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
Quote:

Fixed.

Rats can clog the center very easily, so, yeah. If you move the pillars over some, and maybe move the water, it should help clear it out.
Old August 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

Rats can clog the center very easily, so, yeah. If you move the pillars over some, and maybe move the water, it should help clear it out.
Hmm. Good point. I don't want to tweak the columns much; I have them positioned so that there are few spots where you can get clear line of sight all the way through, and even then you have to get super close to the columns.
But now that I think about it, the water isn't incredibly necessary where it is. Maybe I'll relocate it altogether...

Thanks for the tips, Megasilver!
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:15 AM

fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker fireemblemrox knows what's in an order marker

Put the water on the top of the columns, make it so that there's a chance to slip off or something.

"FE's Battle Reports!"
"FE's TradeList!"

Good purchases from: Ztimster, Just_a_Bill, Teasedbyeldgrim, Queen of Jandar, Tmac2200, anuctoo
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Map: The Columns of Laur

Quote:
Since RotV doesn't offer much in the ways of LoS blockers apart from the ruins, I experimented in this map by making columns out of terrain to balance out Range and Melee. I will make scenarios for this map soon, and for all of them I will include some kind of disadvantage to perching on the columns and thus gaining ultimate height advantage, otherwise the AE would have an absurdly large advantage with The Drop.

Spoiler Alert!
Forget the Airborne Elite, the Protectors of Ullar looooove this map against non-flying melee.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Forget the Airborne Elite, the Protectors of Ullar looooove this map against non-flying melee.
Them too. All the more reason to make a disadvantage to standing on the columns in the scenario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireemblemrox View Post
Put the water on the top of the columns, make it so that there's a chance to slip off or something.
That's a good idea. I was also thinking of putting one-width rivers across the board on each side, just before the columns. That would mean that to engage the enemy, you'd have to cross the river (because the columns are positioned to block line of sight for nearly anyone outside the columns). They'd also make it harder to flee out of the columns. Perhaps I'll put a glyph in there as well, to discourage camping behind the river and waiting for the enemy to make a move.
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Bugger

The Columns of Laur (Revision 1)

I pretty much ended up re-doing the entire thing. The water hex in the center is intended to have a glyph there in the scenario, most likely Valda. That will attract the battle to the center of the columns but discourage creating a 'stronghold.' Overall, less water in the middle will increase mobility within the columns, but the rivers create a 'point of no return' to discourage fleeing. The columns and ruins still block line of sight from going all the way across for anyone outside the rivers.

Old September 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Bugger

Boot Hill

My imagination came up short on names for this one, so I got the idea from 'Bad Moon Rising', which I had just played on, to just steal the name of a song. (It's an SRV song off 'The Sky is Crying)

I got the idea for this map after playing 'Dry Season', which was a great map, but I thought it was a tad plain. This is basically my attempt to create the same split hill concept with the ruins as LoS blockers while making the terrain a bit more dynamic and interesting.

As of right now it's still a draft, so I'm open to anyone else's ideas on stuff like what the glyphs should be, (if I make them pre-determined at all) any small edits in the placement of elevation, and a name change (The more I think about the name I gave it, the less I like it)

Directions should hopefully be up shortly.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:28 PM

Finn is surprisingly tart

My custom scenario rule may help you to knock those guys off their perch.

Gale-Force Winds:
Flying, Stealth Flying, and all leaping abilities are negated for the duration of the game. Immediately after rolling for initiative for each round, the player who won initiative rolls the 20-sided die again. If the roll is 11 or higher, you must choose a direction and move ALL small and medium figures on the board 1 hex space in that direction. Figures cannot be moved onto higher terrain or off of the board, or onto any hex they would not be otherwise allowed. Any figure that would be moved in an illegal way by gale-force winds does not get moved. All falling damage applies as normal.

Feel free to edit it in any way you want. I really like this rule in certain situations.

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. -Euripides

My Awesome Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios