Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 14th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Magneto

I'm with Just_a_Bill in that I think move/place distinction is one of the more confusing elements of C3G (though, as has been mentioned, it's an inherited problem).

I don't think it would be too hard (though I very well may be missing a ton of loopholes) to canonize the workings of placement powers in the C3G Rules Thread.

So far as I can tell, it would mostly just need to hit on a few bullet points. Something to the tune of this (though of course, these are not official rules and maybe not even close, but these are the guidelines as I understand them, based on my memory of various rulings):
  • Characters placed by an opponent's special power never receive falling damage unless otherwise stated. Characters moved by any special power may always receive falling damage.
  • Powers that prevent movement also prevent placement
  • A figure that has just been placed is counted as a figure that has just been moved, for the purposes of special powers on other figures' cards (based on Engagement Strike and similar)
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

There's nothing wrong with asking questions JaB.

I think the situation in this thread is that the design has been out for over 5 years, and to my knowledge (I refuse to read every page of this thread), this was the first time that there's been falling damaged asked about Magneto's power. So people have gotten by for a while now.

The question was answered that "no, there is no falling damage in Magnetic Throw". But that wasn't good enough of an answer, and then it became a more dragged out discussion on how to fix all the cards to make sure that people understand that there is no falling damage in every instance.

If you have Magneto's card printed out, you'll notice that the text is already pretty small. I doubt that adding a line on the cards stating, "Figures thrown by Magneto's Magnetic Throw do not receive falling damage" or something similar, would be something that would fit on that card without having to make the text even smaller.

Perhaps a request for this question and answer could be put in the FAQ on the first post of this thread. That could settle any arguments people have in this regard.

Speaking for myself JaB, I understand an appreciate your efforts. It's just that sometimes as in the case in this thread, it becomes a drawn out discussion about fixing things spanning a boatload of cards.

Personally, I'm retired from this project (I know, "then why do you keep butting in to discussions Hahma?" ) so I'm not going to be involved in the work involved to "fix things". But others still here would be involved in that and it's up to them to decide to what degree they want to re-do things. As it is, there has already been a lot of work done to fix things for the competitive scene. Certainly there has been some warranted issues in that regard that needed to be addressed. I'm sure the same could be said for some other clarity issues brought up, but then again, it's a matter of choosing the battles for that.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'm with Just_a_Bill in that I think move/place distinction is one of the more confusing elements of C3G (though, as has been mentioned, it's an inherited problem).

I don't think it would be too hard (though I very well may be missing a ton of loopholes) to canonize the workings of placement powers in the C3G Rules Thread.

So far as I can tell, it would mostly just need to hit on a few bullet points. Something to the tune of this (though of course, these are not official rules and maybe not even close, but these are the guidelines as I understand them, based on my memory of various rulings):
  • Characters placed by an opponent's special power never receive falling damage unless otherwise stated. Characters moved by any special power may always receive falling damage.
  • Powers that prevent movement also prevent placement
  • A figure that has just been placed is counted as a figure that has just been moved, for the purposes of special powers on other figures' cards (based on Engagement Strike and similar)
Yes Ronin, something like this is likely to be more well received and doable than rewording a ton of cards and trying to make everything still fit on the card.

Old February 14th, 2015, 02:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Space issues on the card have definitely lead to some cutting of corners on wording.
Old February 14th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Space issues on the card have definitely lead to some cutting of corners on wording.
Yes. Unfortunately the envelope kept getting pushed for powers to reflect the character as much as possible, as well as continuing to make more unique powers. Sometimes powers required a lot of "extra" stuff to try to account for things unique to that power and it ate up text space. So over time, certain things like "after moving and before attacking" may have become, "before attacking". etc

Old August 20th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Magneto (I)

The comic card here looks like it's an outdated version (weird fonts, powers in wrong order).
Old August 20th, 2018, 10:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@A3n ...sorry to bug you again so soon.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:26 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
@A3n ...sorry to bug you again so soon.
Uploaded.
Old September 8th, 2018, 06:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

comic card fixed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 1st, 2020, 02:06 AM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the JPG version is fine but the PDF of the comic card seems to have blurry text compared to the mini card. Are my eyes deceiving me?
Old March 1st, 2020, 02:15 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

No, I see it too. It looks like maybe the comic version is the old C3G fomrat, but I'm not an art guy so I could be totally making that up.
Old March 1st, 2020, 08:01 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Looks fine to me on my phone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library