Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 16th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Easy Company

I really like the design. Excellent 2 man squad.

I was never really a believer that Initiative modification was a specific boon or bust. The ability to control initiative however is powerful. Depending on the map first move advantage in Heroscape can often mean your army moves into range second, meaning you loose first strike advantage. Once the game is under way flipping back and forth is neither good or bad. The reason figures like the Gladiators are powerful, is that you are more likely to keep initiative and not be subjected to the dreaded initiative switch, or you may be able to force a initiative switch, which can really turn the tide.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Easy Company

Yeah, initiative switches are really key. Over the years, so many of my close games, particularly those played with the Gang of Four, have been decided by an initiative roll on the last round that I often joke that we could just save ourselves a lot of time and just flip coins to determine a winner at the start of the game.

Anyway, I got to try Easy Company out at our last game in a 600-point, WWII themed army:

Easy Company x 3 - 180
Captain America - 220
Sgt. Rock - 120
Capt. John Varan - 80

They did fairly well in contributing to me and chas' team victory against IshMEL and Taeblewalker. The additional fire support to their bonding heroes, particularly Captain America, was strong in the early game, but their low numbers started hurting them more in the mid-game. Their drawback cost their team initiative one time, which is about what I would've expected in a game that lasted about 7 or 8 rounds. Next time I play them I definitely want to try them out with Sgt. Drake.
Old June 25th, 2017, 10:36 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Starfire & Blackfire

Made revisions to a couple of my older cards:

I began with Starfire, who previously had a self destruct special attack that I was never particularly happy with. It never seemed very thematic or characteristic to me, and wasn't all that useful to boot. I decided to replace it with Team Tactics because I wanted to make a classic Teen Titans army a little less unwieldy than it's been in my games (being an army composed of seven unique heroes with no bonding). I also took the opportunity to bump her cost up so that the classic Teen Titans army would total an even 1000 points.

Not wanting the new Starfire to outshine her evil sister too much, I bumped up my (very) old Blackfire card as well:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; August 19th, 2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old June 26th, 2017, 12:20 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Got them. Which 7 cards are you using for the Titans?
Old June 26th, 2017, 09:59 AM

I'm referring to the classic 1980s roster of: Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Kid Flash, Raven and Wonder Girl.

Old June 26th, 2017, 01:30 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Gotcha--I've been collecting that series of Graphic Novels. Do you have an Aqualad mini?
Old June 30th, 2017, 12:01 AM

Sorry, no Aqualad mini in my collection.
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:58 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Flash redux

I've been working on an overhaul of my Flash custom (and all my speedsters based on his template) for a while, and finally managed to get some testing done with the help of @chas :

Previously, my speedsters simply had high Defense values to represent the difficulty of hitting someone moving that fast, and I initially felt that, plus their ability to hit and run, was enough to keep them around long enough to contribute to games, as well as convey the theme. But over the years I grew pretty dissatisfied with that, since rolling a lot of defense dice made them feel more like they were blocking hits rather than avoiding them entirely. It also meant that big bruiser types with high Attack values, like Hulk or Jotun, had better chances to hurt a speedster than figures with lower Attack, which didn't sit right with me.

My solution was to lower their high Defenses and add a defensive power, Speed Dodge, to make them feel more like they were dodging attacks with their speed. I decided to tie the power into order markers so that opponents would be able to occasionally catch a speedster flat footed and relatively vulnerable, and because I like how it made speedsters greedy for the first OM of a round, to sort of represent an impulsive need to go first.

I'm much happier with these new versions. Thanks to chas for helping me playtest, and to @IshMEL for his help in calculating the odds for the new power.
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff Sherman!

I like the subtle differences, which keeps any of these easy to play if having played the others. Zoom's Temporal Shifting is a nice twist, and making him jus a little faster than Flash is cool. And your Speed Dodge idea is fantastic!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Cool stuff Sherman!

I like the subtle differences, which keeps any of these easy to play if having played the others.
Thanks Hahma, I like to think of them as the Commands and Colors of customs; if you've played one you can play them all.
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't know how you do it, man. A long time you've been on here and you still pump out classics. Speed Dodge for the speedsters is a great way of capturing their survivability and their theme. Three defense dice is the perfect balance as it will make them very frustrating to take down.

I've used the one shield blocks all with a 3 defense mechanism before (and have a new design sitting on my desk with it again) but I've never added to it with the scaling of dice like you have. An OM filled Flash becomes an unstoppable force late in the round. Just perfect for a guy who has been zipping around so much.

Bravo.
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Cool stuff Sherman!

I like the subtle differences, which keeps any of these easy to play if having played the others.
Thanks Hahma, I like to think of them as the Commands and Colors of customs; if you've played one you can play them all.
Ha! Great analogy Sherm. I have played Command and Colors games and know exactlywhat you mean.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations