Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 24th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Oldprankster View Post
So actually all figs on the list (asterisk or not), are approved figures for a tournament as long as the tournament director(s) say C3V allowed? So I guess you could say that SoV figs are a subset within the heading of the C3V?
The red asterisk is a holdover from the old days. We keep it, but I've never heard of a tournament that allows one but not the other. I urge you, and all TDs out there, to treat them the same.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 24th, 2019, 11:12 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for clearing this up. We were under the impression that SOV and C3V were not the same. I thought SOV were just units that were being playtested and approved to eventually become C3V.

Btw, I'm pretty new to the world of C3V.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Last edited by outforblood; March 25th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old March 24th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Welcome!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 26th, 2019, 06:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Posts from 3 people taking a new interest in VC! Exciting! Welcome, everyone.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 27th, 2019, 12:04 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Are these units planned for a future C3V unit? I have them left over from some minis-collection that I purchased for some other C3V units.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old March 27th, 2019, 12:09 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Those are from the Ram Army Box, but the C3V has previously announced that we are not developing anything with those figures.
Old March 27th, 2019, 12:31 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And, to help further clarify the C3V/SoV differences (as thorough as Leaf-It's explanation was):

SoV was started to allow any individual to submit one of their own designs to be thoroughly tested and vetted to be a good addition to HS and un-broken within the greater HS canon. The testing/discussions/etc. mostly happened here (HSers) on open forums.

I was not involved in the C3V genesis, but it is my understanding that it was originally started to carry on the same kind of releases that Hasbro/WotC had used to release new 'Waves'. Hasbro/WotC's method was to have each 'Wave' consist of four 'Expansion packs' of units (usually one pack of heroes and three packs of squads) or one Large Expansion (usually consisting of several Heroes or a new Terrain type with units specific to that terrain). As such, C3V did most of their testing/discussions/etc. cryptically (hidden from view) and then released the 'packs' together(-ish) as a new "Wave".

Both SoV & C3V have evolved, and with personnel overlap, have grown somewhat interconnected.

But the basic ideas are still there - if you want one of your customs to be adopted, submit it to SoV. If you love the "Wow me with a new release!", wait for the next C3V wave.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; March 27th, 2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: mis-spelling noticed
Old March 27th, 2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Those are from the Ram Army Box, but the C3V has previously announced that we are not developing anything with those figures.

Thanks.

~Z

My map thread
Old March 27th, 2019, 06:23 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
And, to help further clarify the C3V/SoV diffeerences (as thorough as Leaf-It's explanation was):

SoV was started to allow any individual to submit one of their own designs to be thoroughly tested and vetted to be a good addition to HS and un-broken within the greater HS canon. The testing/discussions/etc. mostly happened here (HSers) on open forums.

I was not involved in the C3V genesis, but it is my understanding that it was originally started to carry on the same kind of releases that Hasbro/WotC had used to release new 'Waves'. Hasbro/WotC's method was to have each 'Wave' consist of four 'Expansion packs' of units (usually one pack of heroes and three packs of squads) or one Large Expansion (usually consisting of several Heroes or a new Terrain type with units specific to that terrain). As such, C3V did most of their testing/discussions/etc. cryptically (hidden from view) and then released the 'packs' together(-ish) as a new "Wave".

Both SoV & C3V have evolved, and with personnel overlap, have grown somewhat interconnected.

But the basic ideas are still there - if you want one of your customs to be adopted, submit it to SoV. If you love the "Wow me with a new release!", wait for the next C3V wave.

~Z
Thanks for the further explanation! I was dead set on not allowing SOV in our tournaments. As I stated earlier, I was always under the impression they were not playtested by a panel of judges and were only user submissions waiting to be tested/approved.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old March 27th, 2019, 06:43 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
And, to help further clarify the C3V/SoV diffeerences (as thorough as Leaf-It's explanation was):

~Z
Thanks for the further explanation! I was dead set on not allowing SOV in our tournaments. As I stated earlier, I was always under the impression they were not playtested by a panel of judges and were only user submissions waiting to be tested/approved.
That would be a huge mistake. Some C3V designs were literally made specifically to work with certain SoV designs, and vice-versa. I'm glad these questions were asked so that this was avoided.

As a rule, Nothing has an official "Book Of" thread inside the C3V/SoV forum unless it is VC Tournament approved.
Old March 29th, 2019, 04:59 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So when this project first started I was all in and buying everything as it was announced. Unfortunately I ran into some financial struggles that led me to sell off all the C3V/SoV figures I had. Now I want to get back in and many of the figures are simply not available. Is there a thread that lists any official proxys for figures you can no longer buy?
Old March 29th, 2019, 09:36 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Tmac2200 and anyone else that wants proxies for C3V/SoV: see C3V & SoV Alternate Figures, although it probably needs some more figures added. Also note my Heroscape C3V & SoV spreadsheet has some alternate figures that are the same or almost the same sculpt, but I need to add some more as well.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 29th, 2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: there is a reason my title includes "self spammer"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs