Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 19th, 2019, 03:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deadman (VOTE for Public Playtesting)

New science! This passes.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Deadman (VOTE for Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
This version has never been tested?
This is untrue. There are no design changes from the version that was tested other than re-wording Spectral Possession (no changes to the mechanics) and dropping Acrobatic Possession, which as it happened did not get used in any of my three games.

EDIT: Bats, this clause already exists. Are you suggesting removing it?
I meant a clause that would make it so the player could only take a turn with the possessed Hero on Deadman's turn, basically, rather than placing Order Markers directly on the possessed Hero. Does that make sense?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 20th, 2019, 06:57 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deadman (Playtesting Phase)

I see. I don't think it matters, to call back to your first post about it. If something weird comes up in testing, it's an easy change.

Old March 20th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, yeah, with the "end of the round" removal, you would very rarely be placing Order Markers on them to begin with, except with like Oracle or something when another figure dies. OK, less of an issue than I was thinking. Carry on.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Any requests for what you'd like to see for testing here, Scapey?

Old April 8th, 2019, 05:40 PM

At least one game with Justice League Dark friends (Zatanna II, John Constantine, maybe Batman III) would be appreciated. Otherwise, just see what you can come up with for an interesting build.

Old April 8th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Ok, thanks! Looks like I will need to print Constantine.

Old April 12th, 2019, 12:00 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Talking Re: The Book of Deadman (Playtesting Phase)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: DEADMAN

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Deadman (175), John Constantine (125), Zatanna (II) (220), Batman (III) (250), Cyborg (II) (230) (1,000) vs Professor X, Cyclops (I), Jean Grey, Iceman, Angel, Beast (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Overall Feedback: I had to reach out to Scapemage during testing because one thing in the wording was tripping me up.
Quote:
While that Hero is possessed, after revealing an Order Marker on Deadman’s card, instead of taking a turn with him, you may take a turn a turn with the possessed Hero.
That reads to me as if the trigger only counts if you’re revealing an Order Marker WHILE the Hero is possessed. That reading prevents you from taking an immediate turn and really devalues the power and goes against the intent. My proposal is to keep the Order Marker reveal requirement for the possession attempt, but remove it as a requirement to take turns with the possessed figure. This would leave you with:
Quote:
While that Hero is possessed, instead of taking a turn with Deadman, you may take a turn a turn with the possessed Hero.
As a bonus, it trims a nice chunk of text, which I think is misleading and hopefully not needed for competitive balance (my tests don’t indicate it is, at least).

Overall, I like the design. Sneaking around and trying to tactically possess people is a lot of fun and the best two parts might be that it protects him from being attacked when he gets a successful possession and the threat of possession gives his opponents pause when it comes to Order Marker placement. Due to the return on the Order Marker investment I put into him both games, though, I’d say he’s clocking in under 175 points of value. I’d consider dropping him 10-20 depending on other results.

Old April 12th, 2019, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the games. I found him effective as a Cold War tactic against Professor X as well. I appreciate that he fits into JLD builds well, as that's where he's meant to belong for the most part. I'm going to drop him 10 points for the next tester.

I'll wait for more opinions on the wording front but I believe the direction you're going will work.

Old April 12th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

Sounds good.

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:06 AM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

I like that change.
Old April 13th, 2019, 01:03 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Deadman

Army Test
Map: Embattled Fen
Units: Deadman, Wolverine, Black Panther, Aquaman I (885) VS Yellow Lantern (Sinestro), Yellow Lantern (Scarecrow), Abomination Hasbro (880)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Swamp Thing
Units: Deadman, John Constantine, Batman 1 (500) VS Spider-Man, Venom, Red Skull (all Hasbro) (500)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Deadmanís possession was surprisingly useful, though I was lucky with it overall in my games. Additionally he has some other uses due to his intangibility: heís a fine glyph-grabber. Heís a bit of an OM-hog which can backfire.

Overall I thought Deadman was pretty balanced. Heís a tough unit to judge due to his requirement for lots of OMs, so he ended up doing a lot of damage but at the opportunity cost of not using other heroes. And heís fragile, so when he loses possession at the end of a round thereís a big opportunity to kill him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I liked him, heís fun. I could see him being very frustrating if you fail at Possession rolls, but you can help this by drafting figures like Constantine. Itís nice to be able to take an immediate turn after possessing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library