Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 05:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Codex: Issue 3 Is Here!

Nice work guys! They keep getting better! I loved reading all the histories of the different parts of the community, from Online 'scape to fansites to customs.

Keep it up!
Old May 4th, 2014, 06:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome issue! These just keep getting better! And I was honored that one of my units was featured in Ixe's playtesting column!

One graphic nitpick: the dropshadow behind the cards makes the white text inside the card grey, in some cases.

One idea: have you thought of posting these on boardgamegeek?
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Awesome issue! These just keep getting better! And I was honored that one of my units was featured in Ixe's playtesting column!

One graphic nitpick: the dropshadow behind the cards makes the white text inside the card grey, in some cases.

One idea: have you thought of posting these on boardgamegeek?
Thanks!

And it hadn't occurred to me to put the codex on BGG; I've hardly ever been there. But I'd imagine there's quite a bit of potential interest over there. Thanks for the tip!
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Very nice Codex ! I discovered the fan fiction history that was both absorbing and useful, to practice my english !

I liked also the article about the evolution of heroscape online... I'll make some researches, because I feeled like online games started before on the french side ! ^^

And glad to see my map thread recommended by El T.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

*sorry double-post*

Well, I found when Heroscape online began in France !

It was in 2007 too, with an app made by Jeannot (he has an account here too), named Dicescape. More precisely, it started in July 2007. From the beginning we used this app to roll the dice and communicate. The moves were made like in the "Early Era", with this kind of maps.
The first tournament Online was organised by Foudzing in 2010. But a lack of organisation (some participants wasn't motivated enough...) stopped the tournament...

Ah, those are nice memories...

French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; May 6th, 2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Corrected one of the multiple typos...
Old May 6th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You know, I probably should have touched on the French side of things in the community article. From what I hear, and you can probably attest, Heroscape has a pretty big following over in the French forum as well...
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Marcel Marceau

Never mind, it doesn't matter.
Well it's true that we have a pretty active community that grew up little by little. Then, I can't say objectively how much, being the main administrator there... ^^ In any case, French resources increased considerably ! Our books of are totally completed & traduced, army cards/rules all available in French and I'm following the communication job with others, started by dalu, for Valhalla Custom VF (here again, every card have a French book). In parallel, battle reports, contests and customs are not missing... well we have a nice community. Not as important and active as here, but enough to find some occupation for quite a long time still.

~Dan; because everything starts small.

French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; May 6th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old May 6th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
*sorry double-post*

Well, I found when Heroscape online began in France !

It was in 2007 too, with an app made by Jeannot (he has an account here too), named Dicescape. More precisely, it started in July 2007. From the beginning we used this app to roll the dice and communicate. The moves were made like in the "Early Era", with this kind of maps.
I made sure to say "one of the first serious methods" since I knew it was possible I was missing something. Good to know.

Old May 6th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Just a thought - I'm thinking it might be cool to include a Battle Report in future Codex issues, perhaps highlighting a custom project (hopefully C3G ). I remember enjoying reading the Zaravi Battle Report in one of the older Codices.
Any thoughts on this?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice work to everyone who worked on these Codex issues.

Kudos to you!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old May 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Bugger

Quote:
Quote:
Just a thought - I'm thinking it might be cool to include a Battle Report in future Codex issues, perhaps highlighting a custom project (hopefully C3G ). I remember enjoying reading the Zaravi Battle Report in one of the older Codices.
Any thoughts on this?
Sorry I missed that. This would be a pretty cool feature. It might be necessary to bring on a new author for bimonthly battle reports, or a possibly cool alternative could be to have a different guest author every issue.
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:29 AM

gposkas Woo who?

This was a really nice issue! My Heroscape experience actually does go all the way back to the beginning in 2004, although it's been off and on for playing and keeping up with it. The history was a great compilation of the events and evolution of this game. I also really appreciate being featured in it the Custom Spotlight.

Keep up the great work! I think we all really look forward to each issue!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News