Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 19th, 2013, 01:00 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Zettian Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Zettian Infantry's Circuitry Replacement will not prevent wounding from Wannok or another wounding glyph.

The only Reason Cyberclaw mentions Glyphs is because of the Glyph of Erland (Summoning). It's not because Glyphs have special powers.
This interpretation contradicts the actual text on official Army Cards and Glyphs.

The language "may not be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph" actually does communicate that Glyphs have special powers, since that's the only reading that makes grammatical sense. Based on the lack of prepositions/articles preceding the word "Glyph," the conjunction "or" is forced to split after the word "an" (or "any" in the case of Ana):

Code:
may not be moved by any special power on an
    Army Card
        or
    Glyph
If you want the opposite interpretation, due to the grammatical requirement for parallel construction, it would have to be worded differently to change the structure:

Code:
may not be moved
    by any special power on an Army Card
        or
    by any Glyph
The three existing references to Glyphs in this context are very consistent in this regard:
Cyberclaw — cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph

Improved Cyberclaw — cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph

Healing Word — and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph
Thus it seems pretty clear that the Hasbro designers considered Glyphs to be special powers.

But that's not the only evidence. Another argument for Glyphs being special powers is consistency. If they are not, then we get subtle inconsistencies with things like Brooch of Shielding, which would add Disengage to a figure, but that Disengage would not be a power? Pretty messy when units are getting Negated and some of them keep their Disengage power while others lose it. This consideration may be somewhat minor, but ...

There's even stronger evidence. Some Glyphs (Erland, Valda, and Bolt of the Witherwood, if I didn't miss any) explicitly refer to their own effects as "powers." Even if we're willing to make the hair-splittingly subtle distinction between "powers" and "special powers" (which I really hope nobody here wants), we would open up a can of worms with all the official Army Card effects — Overextend Attack, Trample Stomp, Counter Strike, and others — that refer to themselves as just "powers" rather than "special powers." That's a lot of errata if we are trying to enforce a subtle distinction just for one unit.

So ... if Circuitry Replacement is not supposed to work on Glyphs, then one way or the other we need some errata:
  • If Glyphs are not supposed to be special powers, then at a minimum, Gladiatrons, Major X17, Ana Karithon, Erland, Valda, and Bolt of the Witherwood all need to be errata'd — since (a) the grammar on the Army Cards has only one possible interpretation (as written, they don't actually apply to Glyphs; they apply to special powers on Glyphs), (b) the three Glyphs listed above identify their own effects as "powers," and (c) plenty of Army Cards make it clear that "power" and "special power" are interchangeable.

• On the other hand, if Glyphs can be or always are powers (as the text on some clearly says), or even if we just want to avoid this whole mess altogether, then we only need a text change on one unit, which is a custom and thus within the ability of the design committee here to alter. If the Zettian Infantry design is intended to exclude Glyphs, then its card easily could (and should) say so: perhaps something like "one or more wounds from a special power on an Army Card that is not an attack."
There is also the zero-errata option:
  • Just let Circuitry Replacement work against Glyphs. Based on all the current texts, that's the logical interpretation.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; January 19th, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll take your concerns to the C3V Rules Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Your friendly neighborhood Rules Team responds:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3V Rules Team
After some deliberation, we agree with those folks who say that the text on a glyph's card is indeed a Special Power. This means that wounds caused by Wannok (or the Whetstone of Venom) can indeed be averted using Circuitry Replacement. Sorry for the initial confusion on this point.

We propose that the following R&C be added to the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by proposed R&C
Can wounds caused by glyphs be averted using Circuitry Replacement?
Yes. Glyph powers such as Wannok or the Whetstone of Venom are special powers for the purposes of Circuitry Replacement.
Hope that clarifies it for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I played the ZIs in a tournament yesterday with decent success. (My report is HERE.)
Deathcommander Mark 3
Deathwalker 9000
Deathwalker 8000
Zettian Infantry x3
The Deathwalkers are very good on their own for attacking, but when you get to take a turn with three Zettian Infantry too it's very powerful. The ZIs grabbed glyphs, screened, and took a few shots while my Deathwalkers brought the heavy firepower. The Deathwalkers can destroy a lot, but with only one life the infamous Deathwalker roll can happen and destroy the army.

Deathcommander was actually not as useful as I predicted; his special attack is excellent and he gives the army 2-4 special attacks of 3, but the 5 range is a killer. The 7 range of the Deathwalkers is much better. He's fine in a ZI build, but he works better with the Zettian Guards and Deathstalkers I think.

The Zettian Infantry turn the Deathwalkers into a very fun and decently powerful faction. They are a B to B+ at best, and are very unique. Where else can you get a ranged bonding squad?
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
The Zettian Infantry turn the Deathwalkers into a very fun and decently powerful faction. They are a B to B+ at best, and are very unique. Where else can you get a ranged bonding squad?
Arrow Gruts.

Last edited by infectedsloth; February 10th, 2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: btw I agree with your post
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can update the OP with the Basic Side now.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:14 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Just wondering, If you are including C3V figures as a part of synergy? If so the for synergy benefits offered. (And recieved? Not sure...) shouldn't DCM3 be listed?
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:21 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm being a little nit picky here:

Additionally, for Utgar Soulborg Heroes with more than one life, the following special powers are subject to Circuitry Replacement:
Healing Word (Kelda the Kyrie Warrior) *
Mortal Strike (Master of the Hunt) **
Poison Weapons (Deepwyrm Drow) **
* Circuitry replacement applies if Kelda rolls a 1 for Healing Word.

Kelda's Healing Word doesn't exist. The power is actually called Healing Touch. Healing Word is Ana Karithon's power.
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Braced Spears should be added to this list, even though it's a variant of Engagement Strike.

Deathcommander needs to be added to the OP.
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:09 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

2x Zettian Infantry 130
DW9K 270
Torin 390
Deathreavers x3 510

This build seems ridiculously cruel... Ya can't touch this! DW9K would wreak havoc with Explosions, and the Infantry could pick up the slack with a couple of attacks. If the Deathwalker gets hit by a special ability, the Infantry can save him. Deathreavers would keep pesky heavy-hitters away from the Deathwalker, and Torin would dare the enemy to attack them! I have all of the units for this build except Torin... I'd better borrow my pal's on the next game night. I've never played the ZI before.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Updated with Deathcommander synergy:
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 21st, 2014, 05:39 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Cant they also bond with Deathcommander Mark 3?

Edit: Oops, didn't notice A-V's post above mine...even though it's been there for over a month.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs