Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > Public Designs
Public Designs This is the work area for all threads that are in designs in the public.

Old February 19th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Breathing Period)

Two hearted Human?
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:49 PM

LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby!

Okay, so this is where things would look dropping Healing Factor and upping life. As for the Secret Identity, he was "revealed" to be Lucas Trent, but it was later made uncertain (but never disproven). It often goes with the idea that he doesn't know his real name, sometimes going by Lucas Trent, so I think it might be fair game to have it, especially since we seem to want to avoid ??? as much as possible.

Quote:
NAME = MIDNIGHTER
SECRET IDENTITY = ???
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 300

PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the defending figure has moved or attacked this round.
• If you roll 1-5, attack normally.
• If you roll 6 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and
• If you roll 16 or higher, subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure and
• If you roll 21 or higher, the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.

COMPUTED RESPONSE
When rolling defense against a figure in clear sight of Midnighter without the Insane personality all blanks rolled count as additional shields and if Midnighter is adjacent to the attacking figure, all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
For potential third power, if we want it, I could see something like:

Quote:
ADVANCING STORM
If Midnighter inflicts at least one wound with his normal attack, you may choose one Unique Operative or Agent you control in clear sight of Midnighter and move that figure four spaces. If the chosen Operative is named Apollo, you may instead take an immediate turn with that figure and you may not take additional turns with other figures.
This would create some synergy, emphasize Apollo (I know he doesn't exist yet), and allow for some work with Agents. I don't see an issue with light Agents synergy, and homages his time partnering with Agent 37 (Grayson).
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Is he really a guy that makes sense as providing synergy? Never really saw him as that sort of leader figure.

A secret identity of "???" means he's the Joker, so that's not really on the table. Seems like the choices are either "Lucas Trent", or no secret identity at all.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 92: Android of Atlas)
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:57 PM

LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby! LordVenoc rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Is he really a guy that makes sense as providing synergy? Never really saw him as that sort of leader figure.

A secret identity of "???" means he's the Joker, so that's not really on the table. Seems like the choices are either "Lucas Trent", or no secret identity at all.
Valid on the ID. Sounds like Lucas Trent is probably the better way to go. Not that their have been multiple Midnighters, but seems better than nothing, at least for me.

Synergy here I tried to frame in more of an incidental sense. Like, "Oh, me brutally murdering this guy is a helpful distraction for you? Cool I guess?" A name rewrite might help the theme there. But again, I'm not necessarily sold on the idea. He could easily just stay at a two power card, I think.

Given the marriage to Apollo is a pretty dang famous one, it felt a little wrong to not call him out at all here, though not all of our instances of that go both ways.
Old February 19th, 2019, 11:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If we want a lighter touch, maybe something like this:

BADASS BOAST
As long as there's a revealed Order Marker on this card, Operatives you control add 1 to their Move number and, if they're named Apollo, add 1 to their Attack number.

Something passive like that. "Midnighter is in a fight and doing badass stuff so everyone else can manuever more easily." Maybe make it trigger on his being engaged instead, I dunno.
Old February 20th, 2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
If we want a lighter touch, maybe something like this:

BADASS BOAST
As long as there's a revealed Order Marker on this card, Operatives you control add 1 to their Move number and, if they're named Apollo, add 1 to their Attack number.

Something passive like that. "Midnighter is in a fight and doing badass stuff so everyone else can manuever more easily." Maybe make it trigger on his being engaged instead, I dunno.
I actually really like that. Not 100% sold on the name, but I definitely prefer this direction. This page from Midnighter I think encapsulates the direction I'm seeing here, from the preview of one of the first few issues of his recent solo:

Spoiler Alert!
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

I could definitely see going in that direction, but yeah, I would switch the trigger from 'revealed OM' to 'engaged'.

I realized that I also have mini pics for Midnighter, but probably one of the other guys has better ones (and they actually get rewards points). So no need to prioritize mine, but here they are, since I got em:

Spoiler Alert!

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 92: Android of Atlas)
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Here's what I had after attempting photos again.

Spoiler Alert!

Beyond that, how does this look as a write up to everyone?

Quote:
NAME = MIDNIGHTER
SECRET IDENTITY = LUCAS TRENT
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 300

PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the defending figure has moved or attacked this round.
If you roll 1-5, attack normally.
If you roll 6 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and
If you roll 16 or higher, subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure and
If you roll 21 or higher, the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.

COMPUTED RESPONSE
When rolling defense against a figure in clear sight of Midnighter without the Insane personality all blanks rolled count as additional shields and if Midnighter is adjacent to the attacking figure, all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

BRUTALITY BOOST
While Midnighter is engaged, Operatives you control add 1 to their Move number and, if they're named Apollo, add 1 to their Attack number.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > Public Designs