Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:15 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Werewolf Lord

The Book of the Werewolf Lord
Warriors of Eberron - Collection D2 (12) - "Veterans of the Last War"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers.

Character Bio: The Werewolves have arrived. A howl echoes across the room. You look up, as a feral hunter races towards you, ready to devour your allies. As he lashes out and catches you with his teeth the wound immediately begins to burn. The taint travels through your bloodstream as you shiver with the awareness that something feels off, and the moon looks rather bright tonight…
See The Book of Feral Troll, Clarifications section

Q: MOON FRENZY : Mooning Your Enemies:

When fielding multiple Werewolf Lords, does it matter which WL infected which figure when activating hybrids using MOON FRENZY?
A: No. Any Werewolf Lord may activate any hybrid hero using MOON FRENZY.

Q: MOON FRENZY : Mooning Your Friends?

After revealing an Order Marker on my Werewolf Lord, may I take a turn with a hero in my own army that has been turned into a hybrid by an opponent's Werewolf Lord?
A: Yes. Per the wording on the card, you cannot use LYCANTHROPY on your own figures, but you may take a turn with a hybrid in your own army using MOON FRENZY. It does not matter which Werewolf Lord turned the figure, only that the figure has become a hybrid hero.

Q: Lycanthro-ectomy?
If one or more Werewolf Lords are NEGATED by Morsbane, do figures affected by LYCANTHROPY get the L. tokens removed from their cards and regain their left-box stats?
A: No--Never--the Werewolf Lord's card says "For the duration of the game..."

Q: MOON FRENZY : Biting the Hand that Feeds You:
May I take control of an opponent's figure using MOON FRENZY if a figure by the same name is already a part of my army?
A: No.

Q: LYCANTHROPY vs. Parmenic Discipline
If a Werewolf Lord uses LYCANTHROPY on a figure that is subject to Parmenio's DISCIPLINED INFLUENCE, does the figure's personality become Tormented, or does it stay Disciplined?
A: The figure's personality changes to Tormented. Lycanthropy trumps Parmenio. Parmenio triggers at the start of the game, but then during the game, the hero becomes infected, overriding that disciplined influence.

Q: Drive-by Mooning?
Can a Werewolf Lord place a Lycanthropy token on an opponent's unique hero after inflicting a passing swipe for disengagement?
A: Yes. The card says "If an opponent's unique hero receives at least 1 wound from this Werewolf Lord..." Passing swipes qualify.

Q: Lycanthropy on the Campaign trail:
When playing through the official campaign (1 2 3 4), do Lycanthropy tokens placed by a Werewolf Lord remain on hybrid heroes from one room to the next?
A: No. The tokens are removed, the hybrids' left-box stats are restored, and the tokens are returned to the Werewolf Lord's card for reuse in the next room.

Synergy Benefits Received
- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a Relentless personality, the Werewolf Lord may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury

As an Uncommon Hero that follows Utgar, the Werewolf Lord may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

- WOLVES OF BADRU : Darklord Bonding
As a Darklord, the Werewolf Lord may benefit from the Wolves of Badru's DARKLORD BONDING activation synergy
Synergy Benefits Offered:
N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Werewolf Lord pre-release discussion thread

Werewolf Lord- What's your army idea?
Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 21st, 2021 at 06:10 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:17 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Werewolf Lord

Open call: I browsed the Discussion threads before posting the Books, but if I missed any major clarifications, please let me know and I will add them in. And, as always, feel free to point out anything else I might have missed. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You may want to clarify the no 2 uniques in one army rule.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM

I just posed these questions for one of the clarifications in Kurrok's Book:

1) Is a hybrid hero still considered the "same" as its non-hybrid counterpart?

2) Can you take "temporary control" of a hero if one already exists in your army?

As soon as I have satisfactory answers to these, I will update the Clarifications. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You may want to clarify that it doesn't matter which of your Werewolves infect a unit, any Werewolf can use it.
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:19 PM

Done and Done. Thank you for your help, guys. Except you, xraine. You're the person I'm blaming for my title so I don't have to blame myself.
Old July 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Done and Done. Thank you for your help, guys. Except you, xraine. You're the person I'm blaming for my title so I don't have to blame myself.
You're welcome.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:36 PM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Played a bit with these guys already. Depending on who they hit it can get kinda crazy, but luckily an OM is required to activate the Moon Frenzy, otherwise the Badru would turn him into a mess! Being an uncommon hero it may be a decent strategy to use 2, and some badru, rush like crazy, and have the Lord pass out as many lycanthropy markers as he can before going down. Your remaining Lord can take whole turns running in circles (or better yet, away) getting the occasional Moon Frenzy to do damage for him. Haven't tried it yet but it could be fun
Old August 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

I can't wait to get my hands on this fella.

Running with the Wolves of Badru, he ups their value significantly (in my opinion).

Possible armies:
WL 140
WoB x3 240 380
Nakita Agents 120 500 / 14 (assuming the WL is a double space figure)

Early on the order markers go on the WoB. Hopefully, the WL inflicts a wound on one or two heroes, and retreats to the relative safety of the spread out NA, 4 - 5 spaces apart. He keeps moving from NA to NA and rolling for Moon Frenzy, one order marker a turn. Ranged figures trying to kill him must bypass Smoke Powder and melee figures must avoid the Engagement Strike.

WL 140
WoB x3 240 380
Torin 120 500 / 13 (assuming the WL is a double space figure)

Torin's Evil Eye only helps out the WoB... but that is enough to make this army one of serious synergy. Battleaxe makes him a tank against squads sent to kill the WL. Order marker 2 on Torin and 1 & 3 on the WoB early to keep them grouped. Can the WL survive long enough to use Moon Frenzy in this build, though? No range (apart from pounce) either.

Potentially useful 120 point heroes that can substitute in for the NAs in this build include:
- Raelin 2.0 (+1 defense could be handy, as could whirlwind)
- Mogrimm Forgehammer (order marker 3 on him for Commander's Strike & Combat Leader, could create a diversion also)
- Grimnak (Chomp could come in handy, could create a diversion)
- Fen Hydra (could create a diversion, and is a tank)

CRC

Oh, and an afterthought:

WL 140
WoB x2 160 300
Raelin 1.0 80 380
Torin 120 500 / 11 (assuming the WL is a double space figure)

Raelin helps everyone out, and makes Evil Eye more dangerous for ranged normal attacks against Torin & the WoBs. Can Raelin hide behind Torin, also? Still no range...

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Last edited by CapnRedChops; August 10th, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:05 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Im thinking Raelin 2.0 for this army just because this army will be on the move (or hunt)

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I'm curious on why figures that are infected with Lycanthropy can't then infect other figures. Isn't that how Lycanthropy spreads? Of course, they could of just ran out of space on the card.
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
I'm curious on why figures that are infected with Lycanthropy can't then infect other figures. Isn't that how Lycanthropy spreads? Of course, they could of just ran out of space on the card.
That would be let's see.........Amazing! As well as completely to powerful. lol. I like this guy, he's the ultimate figure that just makes your opponant scared and annoyed. I played against the elves(yeah I forgot about their extremely low defense so I was able to get all 3 lycanthropy markers on syvarris, sonlen, and Ulgenish.)and they crumbled. I was lucky enough to be able to get on a road so the werewolf lord got 9 move. He quickly got to the elves and started wounding people. Then I sent another wherewolf lord up a big mountain after the first one died. That way i'd get a double height advantage and people had to climb to get me. Well sonlen ans syvarris totally destroyed the army. I think there are certain guys this guy does awesome with, and others where you should just stay away. (imagine if you got a lycanthropy marker on Cyprien. )

Einar's the BOMB!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units