Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 6th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Beetle- breathing

I'd consider reducing the threat range on the misfire to figures adjacent to the targeted figure:

Quote:
Reduce Beetle's Range number by 1 for each Wound Marker on this Army Card. Any time Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure, if you roll more shields than skulls, your opponent must choose another figure adjacent to the defending figure and you must roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.
3 spaces is pretty far off, in a Heroscape context, and I think it becomes tricky to play around at that point.
Old November 9th, 2021, 12:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good points all. I think he was trying to pull in part of War Machines power since it was suggested. He's still learning that he doesn't have to add everything someone mentions.

I like dropping the Range part and reducing the threat to self to only adjacent figures as well. I think it will make him much more draftable.

I did tell him that after he posted the above to wait and digest all the comments instead of feeling the urge to respond so he will likely have a lot thought out before he posts tomorrow.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 9th, 2021, 12:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

My only advise would be to not go too overboard on the negative powers. People might not end up ever drafting him if his negatives outweigh the positives. It's a fine line to walk when designing. You can always just represent poor targeting by giving him low base attack stats. Less die to roll = less likely to score a hit when attacking.
Old November 10th, 2021, 10:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Was browsing my design thread today and saw my old Beetle write up. Thought I'd share it here in case you find any of these old ideas interesting. Looking at it again, I think my take was a little too strong for him. This was something I came up with years ago, back when I was just an Ally I believe, so my design skills have certainly evolved since then.

NAME = BEETLE (MARK II)
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENGINEER
PERSONALITY = ?
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 200?

ELECTRO-BITE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3, Attack 6
Electro-Bite Special Attack may only be used once per round. After using Electro-Bite Special Attack, for the rest of that round Beetle reduces his range to 1.

UPDATED TACTICAL ANALYSIS
Whenever an opponent attacks Beetle with a normal or special attack that results in 1 or more wounds, place a Tactical Analysis Marker on the units card. Whenever a unit with one or more Tactical Analysis Markers on their card attacks Beetle, Beetle rolls 2 additional defense die.

FLIGHT
SUPER-STRENGTH

I drew inspiration for Electro-Bite SA from this description of it in one of the databases: The Electro-Bite has sufficient power to blast a one foot diameter hole through a 3 foot thick brick wall at fifteen feet. Such a blast diverts all available power to the gloves, thus temporarily immobilizing other weaponry.

For the tactical analysis power, I considered just having him gain an auto shield but I think I like the idea of the 2 additional defense dice better due to the swing nature of it. It could give him 2 more shields or none at all. No extra shields represents a new attack pattern, 1 shield represents a predicted move based on previous attack patterns, and 2 shields would come into effect when a previously used attack pattern is used once again.
Old November 12th, 2021, 08:36 PM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

I want to run with this because it balances out the good and bad, I say we vote for initial:

NAME = BEETLE
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = OPPORTUNISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE= 4
MOVE= 6
RANGE= 5
ATTACK= 3
DEFENSE= 5

POINTS= ~150- 200

SINISTER SYNDICATE
When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each Assassin, Criminal, or Thief Unique Hero you control and subtract 1 from your roll for each Unique Hero you controlled at the start of the game that you do not currently control.

DIVERSIONARY FIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, if Beetle rolls at least one skull, you may move Beetle or another figure you control within 5 spaces of Beetle up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, Beetle may attack 1 additional time.

POWER ARMOR: FAULTY TARGETING
Reduce Beetle's Range number by 1 for each Wound Marker on this Army Card. Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled when Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack. Any time Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure, if you roll more shields than skulls, your opponent must choose another adjacent figure to the defending figure and you must roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old November 12th, 2021, 08:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beetle- Vote for initial

You need to run the checklists first. Please read over the guide on How to lead a C3G design as you work through your first design so you don’t miss any steps
Old November 13th, 2021, 12:42 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd also say when you post such a different draft from the initial take, it's nice to give people some time to comment before voting to move ahead.

I dig it. I do still wonder if the range reduction mechanic is needed, but if you feel strongly about it I don't think it's hurting anything.
Old November 13th, 2021, 10:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'd also say when you post such a different draft from the initial take, it's nice to give people some time to comment before voting to move ahead.

I dig it. I do still wonder if the range reduction mechanic is needed, but if you feel strongly about it I don't think it's hurting anything.
In fairness...he did post this on Nov 6th. The only change is adding back the auto skull in the last power from War Machines power. So I personally feel like he left plenty of time for comments.

But he did skip the checklist step and that was my fault. I forgot that was required for allies. He's reading through the link Tickle provided now so he will be back later to finish that. He's still working through understanding all the checklist items.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 13th, 2021, 11:01 AM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Kid Arachnid; November 13th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old November 13th, 2021, 11:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, getting 200 for him on the calculator. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes in a tad under, but probably a decent place to start him.

yea once the answers are all filled in for the checklist questions.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 13th, 2021, 12:53 PM

Checklists are updates... that was rough.
Old November 13th, 2021, 01:03 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I intentionally designed the competitive one to weed out those without the iron will needed to run a design.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library