Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 31st, 2009, 03:59 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart
Re: Sentinels of Jandar: tactical break down

Another nice counter for Sentinels is Grimnak and his CHOMP( mmm tasty... spits out feathery wings...belch...)
To a lesser extent Tor-Kul-NA could Trample but it may be harder with flying to pull that one off. (they may get height advantage)
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:28 PM

Bladethorne is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
Another nice counter for Sentinels is Grimnak and his CHOMP( mmm tasty... spits out feathery wings...belch...)
To a lesser extent Tor-Kul-NA could Trample but it may be harder with flying to pull that one off. (they may get height advantage)
Until the Sentinels attack. Then he's toast.... Once Chompers marched into my start zone, chomped a 4th Mass, and then proceeded to die to three attacks of three. Sentinels have three attacks of three, too.

My sig would like to say that it is a sig. Let's all wave hi to the sig.
Can't find what your looking for? Try the Index.
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:19 PM

Bladethorne is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
Now, are you only fielding one squad of these? My advice is, if available, get ahold of some more- as a rule of thumb, common squads usually are only more effective when you field more than one squad.
Fixed

Has told us in the past that commons are designed/priced to still be viable as one-offs. Besides that there's another rule of thumb that says, "Commons costing more than ~100 points are more viable in single units (than other commons)."
Thank you. I can admit that I usually field commons in multiples because only having one of a unit means you get less out of an OM once they start dropping, so I've never really looked at the idea of only having one as a filler. Usually, when I have 110 points left, I don't field an expensive squad- I'm more likely to lean towards an effective Hero.
This is getting a little off topic, but they're not just effective as filler, though those are the most obvious examples. Things like A Gruts (when you have a beast), V Vipers, Romans (if you have a warlord) all work in singles. Typically when you're deliberately running a single common squad they're there to perform a specific job, rather than be your bread and butter. Often times they're counter-drafts, terrain-specific, or they're filling tactical holes in an army.
Venocs or Romans as a single squad!? You might as well just . Venocs are best at around four squads, since that's only 120 points and is effective. Romans are best at around three squads. Even if just filling a hole, it's still .

My sig would like to say that it is a sig. Let's all wave hi to the sig.
Can't find what your looking for? Try the Index.
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:31 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Tagawa Samurai Archers & Raelin. Problem solved.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:03 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Bladethorne, I could see a legitimate reason for using 1 squad of Venocs if you've got a spare 40 points. They make good, cheap cannon fodder (then again, so do Deathreavers at the same price) and can be decent 1st round glyph grabbers if you've got a high defense, slow moving squad (like the Sentinels) waiting in the wings for when your opponent gets there. Also, if your d20's loaded they're nearly unstoppable...

I'm partial to using one squad of Armocs with Mittens as a combined cleanup group...

Also, double posting is frowned upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:16 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Also, double posting is frowned upon.
WHAT!?!? He posted hours apart with a completely different thought in the second post. Why would anybody "frown upon" that?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units