Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Deepwyrm Drow Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Isamu doesn't get to roll for Vanish - I don't believe he's been attacked. Likewise for the MRT/Brave Arrow - I don't believe they've been targeted. As always though, there's always the possibility of:

"You have no powere here, killercactus the Grey!"
Dude, I feel the exact same way about that. There's enough wiggle room in the way the ability is phrased that it could be interpated either way though. It seems like you're attacking the DWDrow, and the nearby figures are taking wounds as a side effect. But this is heroscape, and the simpler ruling is often the correct one, (Pelloth is attacking all the units).

It'd be nice to get an answer from someone in the know.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Isamu doesn't get to roll for Vanish - I don't believe he's been attacked. Likewise for the MRT/Brave Arrow - I don't believe they've been targeted.
This special attack has a lot of grey area. In all ways it feels like a special ability, but it says it's an attack. If it's an attack, then someone has to be being attacked. But who is being attacked? This is the confusing part. I'm thinking it's not the Drow (they just have unpleasent side effects do to nature of this special attack). If it isn't the Drow, then it must be Isamu (or whomever) that is being attacked. "If Isamu is being attacked and one skull is rolled..." This is why I think that Isamu gets to roll for Vanish.

I'm a big believer of "do what the card says, not what it doesn't," but I just don't know what the card is saying when it comes to these special situations.

Old December 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
I'm a big believer of "do what the card says, not what it doesn't," but I just don't know what the card is saying when it comes to these special situations.
Agreed

Let's recap and breakdown.

Lolth's Wrath Special Attack
Range Special, Attack 3.
Choose a Drow figure you control that is within 5 clear sight spaces of Pelloth and roll 3 Attack dice (so far no one has been targeted except a drow).

One at a time for each skull rolled, you may inflict 1 wound on any small or medium figure that is within 2 clear sight spaces of the chosen Drow figure (We now have a target for the wound, not the attack as I see it).

You may inflict more than 1 wound on a single figure using Loth's Wrath Special Attack. Figures affected by Lolth's Wrath Special Attack cannot roll any defense dice. After attacking with Lolth's Wrath Special Attack, destroy the chosen Drow figure.

Very vague on who is targeted with attack dice are rolled, and when the other figures come into play in this event chain. It seems to me like the skull dice are acting like a 3 sided dice in this situation rather than an attack mechanic.

**Edit**I apologize for discussing this in the DDrow books, but it affects them pretty heavily too.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Black on Black are the High School colors of New York City"

This reminds me of a moment years ago, when D&D players only were good guys--evil was only played by the DM. Then someone published a game called Monsters! Monsters! where the bad guys were the active characters.

I'm generally a Jandar type of guy, but I can't wait to play these Drow. While Pelloth's exploding attack cannot harm large figures, multiple Poisoned Weapons can!
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Isamu doesn't get to roll for Vanish - I don't believe he's been attacked. Likewise for the MRT/Brave Arrow - I don't believe they've been targeted. As always though, there's always the possibility of:

"You have no powere here, killercactus the Grey!"
Dude, I feel the exact same way about that. There's enough wiggle room in the way the ability is phrased that it could be interpated either way though. It seems like you're attacking the DWDrow, and the nearby figures are taking wounds as a side effect. But this is heroscape, and the simpler ruling is often the correct one, (Pelloth is attacking all the units).

It'd be nice to get an answer from someone in the know.
I've changed my mind, at least about the Vanish part.

If Isamu is adjacent to a figure attacked by Zelrig's Majestic Fires Special Attack, he still gets to roll for Vanish because he's affected by the Special Attack, and is thus considered to have been attacked. Pelloth's Special Attack is worded the same way:

"Figures affected by Lolth's Wrath Special Attack may not roll defense dice."

Therefore, I think Isamu is being attacked, and Vanish would trigger. However, I don't believe he's being "targeted", just like with other AoE attacks. The Drow is the target.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was just thinking about the drow poison weapon attack and had an idea. It might have been really cool if the power activated if any skulls were rolled at all when attacking. So even if a player rolls enough sheilds to defend against the attack, just getting nicked by the poisoned blade is enough for the poison to infect the defender even though they did not actually take a wound. Then the poison roll would have to be much higher to cause the wound, say 17+ on the D20. Have it effect common squad figures too, not just heros, although I don't think poison should effect undead or robots. Now the drow are a feared tourney squad regaurdless of terrain and sport a deadly attack that has the potential to take down a figure no matter how high the defense gets. Yet their power does not effect the popular Q Brothers, rats, or vampires so they are kept in balance and not too game changing.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:56 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

I like them as hero killers, although if there are no dungen/shadow spaces I would probably still prefer the protectors of ullar
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:23 PM

SuperEsenwein Woo who?

I like these guys. Fair move; good attack, with around a 1/2 chance for an extra would; okay defense, but also a 1/4+ chance of automatic survival. Overall, quite good!

Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units