Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 19th, 2017, 02:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

DD season 2 came out before Iron Fist, but other than that I too would recommend watching them in order. They each stand alone enough that you don't have to watch them in order of release but a few little things here and there are important to the time line or you might not understand if you had not seen the previous ones. Mostly stuff related to the 'Night Nurse' Claire, who appears in all the different shows. DD Season 1 is still far and away the best of the bunch so I'd strongly recommend you start with that, otherwise you might sour on one of the lesser offering and miss out on the best one. Luke Cage was actually my least favorite of the bunch so starting with that one might not have been the best way to go for your son. Like Hahma said the first half is actually pretty good but then the second half is pretty terrible. Jessica Jones has the most terrifying villain, although Kingpin is pretty awesome in his own right. I didn't hate or even dislike Iron Fist, it was no Daredevil but it was not some travesty like the reviewers try to make it out to be. I think they have an agenda they are pushing on that one as they gave Luke Cage a pass and that really is the worse of them. Maybe the reviewers only saw the first half of Luke Cage and never bothered to watch the second half once their review was submitted?

I spent all day Friday watching the Defenders and was quite entertained without having any issues with the series. As each episode ended I was happy to start watching the next one. It isn't Daredevil Season 1 level of good but it is still enjoyable and didn't suffer from any of the issues I had with Luke Cage. I don't want to go too much more into detail such that everyone can experience it without any spoilers.
Old August 19th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My main issue with Iron Fist is the lead actor. Not impressed with him and some of the writing. But certainly worth checking out.

Perhaps LC got a pass in a sense was because the first half was much stronger IMO than any part of IF. Also, LC appeared in Jessica Jones, so he had a little more exposure and crossover than IF.

With regards to DD2, Punisher was so awesome in that. Loved it!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 19th, 2017, 03:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah the first four episode of DD season 2 was a totally awesome Punisher vs. Daredevil mini-series. I can watch it again and again. Then the later episode where the Punisher goes to Prison might be my favorite one of the whole season.
Old August 19th, 2017, 03:54 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah the first four episode of DD season 2 was a totally awesome Punisher vs. Daredevil mini-series. I can watch it again and again. Then the later episode where the Punisher goes to Prison might be my favorite one of the whole season.
Thanks @Hahma and @Yodaking .

I'll start with DD1 then. I really like Luke Cage so far, so it's too bad it goes south. As for Jessica Jones and Iron Fist, I literally know nothing about their characters, so it will be interesting to learn about them. I really don't know much about any of them though.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 19th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:

I'll start with DD1 then. I really like Luke Cage so far, so it's too bad it goes south. As for Jessica Jones and Iron Fist, I literally know nothing about their characters, so it will be interesting to learn about them. I really don't know much about any of them though.
That probably makes it easier in a sense, as you won't have preconceived ideas of how they should be represented.

Old August 19th, 2017, 04:19 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That probably makes it easier in a sense, as you won't have preconceived ideas of how they should be represented.
And what about the DC one's? Are they worth watching?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 19th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And what about the DC one's? Are they worth watching?
Flash, Arrow, Supergirl? Yes they are good. They are network television shows and have those restrictions.

The Marvel Netflix shows don't have those restrictions.

Old August 19th, 2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Flash, Arrow, Supergirl? Yes they are good. They are network television shows and have those restrictions.

Yes, those. I did notice while my son was watching them that they seemed a bit more cheesy than LC does.

Old August 19th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, those. I did notice while my son was watching them that they seemed a bit more cheesy than LC does.
They are for sure, though Arrow has the most grit of any of those shows. But the shows are still good IMO.

The Netflix shows allow for more adult orientated content for sure, as they are more along the lines of some HBO/Showtime shows, though not as adult as those.

Old August 19th, 2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They are for sure, though Arrow has the most grit of any of those shows. But the shows are still good IMO.

The Netflix shows allow for more adult orientated content for sure, as they are more along the lines of some HBO/Showtime shows, though not as adult as those.
Hmm, maybe I should be watching them before my son does then, if they are adult oriented. Are they tame enough for a 14 year old?

Old August 19th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I've only seen Daredevil seasons 1 and 2, and Jessica Jones. They (Daredevil especially) can be violent, sometimes shockingly so, but it serves the story well. There isn't any nudity, but Jessica Jones gets a fair amount of sexy time in there. There is a fair amount of language, including S bombs. Jessica Jones can be a bit disturbing.
Old August 19th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, maybe I should be watching them before my son does then, if they are adult oriented. Are they tame enough for a 14 year old?

I watch them with my 14 year old twin daughters. Did fast forward through the sex scenes between Luke and Jessica.

Other than that, my girls are mature enough to watch this. I watch stuff with my girls, so it's not like they have free reign to watch what they want on their own.

But everyone parents differently.

Last edited by Hahma; August 19th, 2017 at 11:50 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV