Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 4th, 2017, 06:41 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation
Peeling base stickers?

Happy 2017, everybody! That's the good news. The next news, well...

The holiday season being the time when I get to bust out the Scape en masse, I've noticed something that I wanted to ask the general populace about. Have any of you noticed the stickers on your original figure bases peeling?

It's generally some of the edges on multiple figures, but I'm trying to see whether or not it's from general age (as many are almost ten years old), general degradation of the adhesive, or something else. My Marvel guys seem to be showing it the most.

There's also the fact that I've moved recently, and that meant they were in storage on a hot moving truck. Even though I took a lot of precautions (you can image what it's like to move a massive HS lot, all in plastic storage), maybe the figures that were closer to the sides of the packing boxes heated up a bit more? Who knows, just thinking out loud.

There's really no good way to correct this, other than carefully applying some kind of glue under the flap, but right now there's really not enough paper lifting up to get a good grip anyway.

Anybody else notice this? Could it possibly get worse as the years go on? Thoughts? Thanks!
Old January 4th, 2017, 11:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Peeling base stickers?

I've got a few figures who have their stickers peeling away, but it's not to the point where it's excessive. The adhesive certainly gave on those, and there's dust on them. It's hard to tell the cause, but may just be age.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 5th, 2017, 02:11 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Double-sided Scotch tape works wonders.
Only one or two of my figures ever had this problem, though.
Old January 9th, 2017, 01:28 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Hmmm, I guess I'm an isolated case?

I've looked over most of my waves and adhesive indeed seems to be giving out on some figures, but nothing really extreme. Some (very few) have the sticker slightly lifted, which I think if it gets worse could be fixed with very careful application of some epoxy.

The others look flat when you look at them under regular conditions, but if you shine a bright light from above you can seen that there are 'uneven' areas where the adhesive underneath has let up its grip. It's a weird phenomenon. What's even more weird is that it's only the single figures that have it, for the most part: the double space figs and the larger beast don't. Can't quite explain it.

I guess there's something to be said about the age, as much of this collection is nearing the decade mark, but that doesn't explain my Wave 10 guys. The heat from the moving truck may have affected the adhesive, but then again the humidity of basement storage could also play a role.

If anybody else has some comments or thoughts, feel free to mention your experience. I'll keep an eye out on mine for any developments, but I guess that's part of paper-on-plastic I suppose to one degree or another.

On a completely unrelated point, I've also noticed the hexes from my Marvel sets are a lot more finicky to fit together...much more noticeably than tiles from other sets. Just takes a lot more time to get them to fit together, nothing like the still smooth as butter assembly of the other starter sets (even the dungeons from DnD play nicely together).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion