Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Glyph of E-Ray

The Book of the Glyph of E-Ray

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 6
THE SIMIANS AND THE SERAPH

Card PDF

Glyph PDF

Glyph Bio - Among the gadgets of Gorilla City is the E-Ray, one of various beams and weapons that turn man into monkey. Tyrannical apes such as Gorilla Grodd will often use these items in a scheme to make gorillas the dominant species of Earth, and the Earth's heroes have time and again faced the threat of world dominAPEtion!

-Type of Glyph-
  • Equipment Glyph: See the rules for Equipment Glyphs HERE.
-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits ReceivedSynergy Benefits Offered
  • The Glyph of E-Ray changes figures into Simians, giving them access to Simian synergies.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • The Glyph of E-Ray changes figures into Simians, giving them access to synergies such as Solovar's Simian Inspiration and the Gorilla City Warriors' Simian Hero Bonding.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 18th, 2022 at 01:28 PM.
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Glyph of E-Ray (Design Phase)

NAME = E-RAY
SUBTITLE = GORILLA GUN

INVENTION EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this glyph comes into play, place 3 brown Gorilla Markers on this card. Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound and you may place or remove a Gorilla Marker on its card. If a Unique Hero that is not an Android has a Gorilla Marker on its card, the Hero's species is Simian, instead of what is listed on the card.

Last edited by LordVenoc; June 3rd, 2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I'm very much not sure on the art. I have the image in the first post, and another one from Dr. Grordbort's collection of replica rayguns.

They fit the semi-campy style we're going for, but they're mostly because I couldn't find any "realistic" versions of the actual item, which is specifically from an episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. If anyone knows where to find something more in-line with that, please, do speak up.

(Though I do like Grordbort's stuff; certainly not a bad choice for any of your pulp sci-fi needs.)
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I know this is gonna be a DC Glyph, but I see no reason to leave out Mutates and Mutants here.
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
GLYPH OF E-RAY
(GORILLA GUN)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose a Unique Human or Metahuman Hero within six clear sight spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may place or remove a brown Gorilla Marker on the chosen figure’s card. A figure with a Gorilla Marker on its card is considered to be a Simian, cannot use any special attacks, and cannot attack non-adjacent opponents.
  1. What is the them behind only Uniques being affected? I am assuming you did that because you liked the mechanic over the theme. Can we just affect any figure that isn't a DO or Event Hero and give a single wound to any affected figure that isn't a Unique Hero?
  2. Specifying just Humans and Metahumans is too niche IMO. I would rather see this affect a lot more figures. It is a scifi gun that turns bio-organic living beings into Gorillas. Let's roll with that theme.
  3. How many markers is this card gonna have or need? You don't honestly expect it to have a supply that is solely limited on however many the player or game host creates do you?
  4. Why can't they use special attacks and why must they be melee suddenly? They would still have weapons in their hands, and I could easily believe that they still maintain some super powers. Otherwise, not only are you creating a theme fail by not letting Deadpool still shoot his guns, but you are unnecessarily burdening the glyph with a lot of text. A wound and being a Gorilla and not any other species is a lot of value as is for a glyph.
  5. Figures don't attack opponents, they attack figures, and you probably don't want to specify opponent's figures anyways, just leave it as figures.
My suggest changes would look like this:

Quote:
GLYPH OF E-RAY
(GORILLA GUN)

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
Start the game with 2 brown Gorilla Markers on this card. Instead of attacking with this figure, you may choose a medium figure within six clear sight spaces. Destructible Objects and Event Heroes cannot be chosen. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound and if it is a Unique Hero, place or remove a brown Gorilla Marker on the its card. A figure with a Gorilla Marker on its card has the Species of Simian, regardless of what is on its card.
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
What is the them behind only Uniques being affected? I am assuming you did that because you liked the mechanic over the theme. Can we just affect any figure that isn't a DO or Event Hero and give a single wound to any affected figure that isn't a Unique Hero?
Hmm, that's a good point. I feel like it would probably add a lot of text but I can't think of any thematic reason NOT to affect non-heroes.

Quote:
Specifying just Humans and Metahumans is too niche IMO. I would rather see this affect a lot more figures. It is a scifi gun that turns bio-organic living beings into Gorillas. Let's roll with that theme.
Yes and no. It really only affects humans, because it "devolves" them back into gorillas (not at all how evolution actually works, of course, but it's comic book science, let's roll with it). So it should, conceptually, only affect human beings and offshoots of human beings.

I can see reasons to put EVERYTHING into the fold, but... could you turn a dog into a gorilla? An android? A plant? A bee? An Asgardian? A giant constuct made of pure energy?

Currently, more than half of all C3G figures are Humans, Metahumans, or Mutates. That's plenty affecting for me.

Quote:
How many markers is this card gonna have or need? You don't honestly expect it to have a supply that is solely limited on however many the player or game host creates do you?
Fair point; an oversight. Two or three seems good.

Quote:
Why can't they use special attacks and why must they be melee suddenly? They would still have weapons in their hands, and I could easily believe that they still maintain some super powers. Otherwise, not only are you creating a theme fail by not letting Deadpool still shoot his guns, but you are unnecessarily burdening the glyph with a lot of text. A wound and being a Gorilla and not any other species is a lot of value as is for a glyph.
But see, Deadpool COULDN'T shoot his guns if he was a gorilla. Guns are not designed for gorilla hands. If Gordon is suddenly a big hairy ape, he's not going to be able to fire off his weapon.

This is a big question for me - should E-Ray get rid of powers, and if so, how many powers should it get rid of? I feel like getting rid of all of them is unthematic because there's a lot of powers that you SHOULD be able to use, but keeping them all is just as bad... I mean, can you see a Bat-Gorilla pulling off an Evasive Strike or swinging with a Bat-Grapple?
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I could back off of the point about Human specificness. In fact, just let it affect Humans and not Metas or Mutates. As you said, there are a lot of Humans right now.

However, on all the other points, I must stand. We have a gorilla right now that shoots an AK and besides, this glyph gets boggy and complicated real quick. Cutting the negation helps a lot.
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I could back off of the point about Human specificness. In fact, just let it affect Humans and not Metas or Mutates. As you said, there are a lot of Humans right now.

However, on all the other points, I must stand. We have a gorilla right now that shoots an AK and besides, this glyph gets boggy and complicated real quick. Cutting the negation helps a lot.
I think just Humans would work better. Metahumans are already "not-regular".

I was wondering about the negation too. Was there a reason you made it special attacks and not special powers? I don't see how becoming a Gorilla really changes you, except for making you furry and physically stronger, so i don't think the negation needs to be there at all.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't care for the negation either.

I'd rather see 3 markers here - if you're going to have this in the game, might as well be able to use it a lot.

I'm fine with just humans, but I'd be fine with all figures too. I'd like to see one or the other, though, to avoid long lists.

I think Griff's rewrite is in the right direction (just needs some wording tweaks), or something like it that just affects humans.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'd be fine with all figures but Androids.
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I can definitely get on board dropping the negation. I guess the main discussion now is who to affect. I'm more in favor of humans from a flavor perspective, but everyone from a mechanical perspective - I mean, otherwise, the Glyph won't have much use outside of gorilla armies. If we can de-mutate Mutants or de-vulnerablize Kryptonians, that's probably a lot more potent.

I could go either way on it. Thoughts?
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I say fun > theme. So let it work on everyone so you can have more fun with it. Why not?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library