Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 12th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!
Miniature Maps

Hello everyone, as some of you may know (you probably don't) I am planning on hosting a tournament next year. UNFORTUNATELY I only have 2 RotV Master sets, 2 Marvel sets, and one Fortress. Right now I am planning the tourney, and am looking for maps to use. Ideally, others would bring a map or two as well, but I still need some guaranteed maps, in case someone forgets, can't come, or has to set up when they arrive, or if a map-bearer arrives late.

So, since I am so limited on supplies, I am looking for maps that use half of an RotV, or one Marvel set. My fortress, ruins, and marvel breakable wall can be thrown in with any of these. They must still include a 24-hex start zone for each player.

Here is one of mine-
Spoiler Alert!

So if anyone could help me out, that would be great. Take it as a challenge if you will, to used as little resources as possible to make a tournament-ready map.

If there is already a thread like this, or maps like this, please point me in the right direction.
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
With those sets, I would suggest aiming for 3 maps. That covers six players; as long as at least one of those players brings a map, you should be fine, and you will likely end up with higher quality maps. There are two configurations that seem to make the most sense:

1. RotV / RotV / 2xMarvel+Castle
2. RotV / RotV+Castle / 2xMarvel

There are plenty of options on this site for both RotV maps and RotV+Castle maps. Find a couple you like, then work on creating a map with the remaining sets. There might even be a few 2xMarvel maps posted already.

I think there are also one or two examples of complementary (half-RotV) maps on this site if you really want to pursue that option, but unfortunately I do not remember who posted them.
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Miniature Maps

Just to flesh out what Gamebear suggested:

For the RotV maps, the two "classics" are:

Gamebear's own Common Ground:

The old BoV standby, Turret Rocks:

As for the third map, I immediately thought of Mad_Wookie's Mayberry:

Obviously that uses RttFF instead of FotA, but you should be able to build something very close to it using uncapped castle walls for trees.

Those three would make for a very nice set of tournament maps, IMO.
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

The above is good advice, as accoring to my map Cartography Philosophy you should have 3-4 moves to get from one start zone to another and it has hard to make maps like that with 1/2 a set. However, I had a map contest awhile back to make small maps, although they were not exactly 1/2 a set. Check out the maps submitted here or download all the map builds here.
Old June 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll check out those maps lefton4ya and Dok, and I will almost certainly go with the 3 map idea, GameBear. I have seen some pictures of some of the older tourneys and got kind of intimidated, this helps a lot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios