Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 21st, 2010, 01:24 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Pick Your Poison D/FW

Pick Your Poison!

Armies: Two 390-point armies. 18 spaces / 24 spaces. One of the 2 armies may extend to 24 spaces. The other must be 18 or less spaces. (One additional hex per double-based figure will be allowed). 4 rounds.

Date & Time: Sunday, November 14th. Rolling start between 12:30-1:00pm.

Spoiler Alert!

Maps & glyph pool:

Spoiler Alert!

Map: Ignition
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 VW

Ignition Trap: Crippling Gaze
As the hero moves towards the chest, he stops, stunned. Moving out from behind the ruins of a building is a large purple dog. “Good doggie?” the hero begins and then stops as the purple creature pins the hero in place with it’s crippling gaze…

Your opponent may remove a single unrevealed order marker from one of your cards.

Map: Breach
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 TT
Normal Snow, Normal Ice

Breach Trap: Mindshackle!
As the hero reaches for the chest, they suddenly collapse, writhing in agony. Their weapons fall unnoticed as every bit of their concentration is needed to battle the voice invading their thoughts.

“Pick up your weapon! Turn on your comrades! Obey!”

Your opponent rolls the d20. If he rolls greater than a 10, your opponent may immediately take a turn with your hero.

Black Gold
Requires: 2 BftU + 1 TJ

Trap: Volatile Flare
Barely visible, the treasure sits in a pool of steaming black ooze. As the hero reaches for it, flames and smoke erupt from the pool burning the flesh of its unwary victim.

The opposing player of the hero triggering the trap selects one figure within three clear sight spaces of the trap and immediately rolls 3 attack dice against it. The hero triggering the trap may be chosen as the target ONLY if there are no other figures within three clear sight spaces of the trap. The figure may defend normally. The attack is considered ranged and at the same level as the target.

Troltic Paradise
Requires: SotM, VW, TJ, FotA

Troltic Paradise Trap: Fire walk
The ground around the chest cracks and molten lava erupts upward to engulf the hero's legs...

Roll 2 attack die. For each skull rolled, the hero receives one unblockable wound. If the hero survives, place a Lava Resistant black marker on this hero's card. For the rest of this game, the hero never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

Ticalla Sunrise
Requires: SotM, 1 TJ

Ticalla SunriseTrap: Sinking Sands
As the hero attempts to pick up the treasure, the ground beneath them begins to shimmer and shift, slowly opening up. The hero feels their feet begin to sink into the sand - and the ground opens up more to swallow them whole!

Your hero is trapped. The trapped hero cannot move from this space. The hero can move off the Treasure Glyph only if they roll greater than 10 on a d20 at the beginning of their turn.

Blindgate
Requires: BftU, SotM, 1 TJ

Blindgate Trap: Rock Slide!
As the hero reaches to grab the treasure, the ground shakes and the hero, suddenly hip deep in an unnatural sea of rock, begins to slide wildly down the hill.

Your opponent rolls 6 attack dice. For each skull that is rolled your opponent may move the hero one hex. The hero must end his movement on an empty hex. If the hero cannot fly, they will, if needed, take falling damage as normal. No disengagement attacks are made as a result of Rock Slide.

Sidewinder
Requires: RotV, TT

Sidewinder Trap:Avalanche!
As the hero reaches for the treasure, the ground beneath him shakes. He looks up in time to see a mountain of snow and ice descending upon him...

Your opponent Rolls 2 attack dice once for all figures standing on the snow hexes adjacent to the central glacier mountain. Figures may defend as normal.

Luyster's Demise! added. (Requires 1 Rotv, 3 RttFF, and miscellaneous tiles)

Attendees
  1. rym
  2. Rodriquez
  3. DrLivingston
  4. BroInLaw
  5. R˙chean
  6. Anubianwolf88 (maybe)
  7. Dignan
  8. CheddarLimbo
  9. SmallPaul
  10. Armageddon
  11. Barrott
  12. Cheddar's nephew Zachary
  13. Jiggity James
  14. jaramillohector
  15. raven
  16. moonwalker
Reasonings and old stuff:

Spoiler Alert!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 10th, 2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Can't believe I forgot date and time. Oops.
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:11 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Pick Your Poison D/FW

If I still lived in Texas I'd love to help try it out in realscape, but since I don't I'll just throw in my theoryscape :twocents:.

My strategy would be to build two very similiar armies. Then you just have to pick whichever of your opponent's armies gives them the worst match-up against your one style of army, since you know basically what you'll be fielding. For example, bringing a 4th army and a 10th army would be much more strategically sound than bringing a ranged Vydar army and a Knight army.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

well depending on number of ppl I could toss my place open friday or saturday after halloween.
not sure how many ppl would fit, but with my big table now and 2 card tables plus my wannabe table, we could fit possibly 5-7 maps

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:17 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am in, depending on date.

I will talk to BroInLaw and Fenix about it as soon as the date is finalized.

Attendees
  1. rym
  2. rodriquez
  3. DrLivingston
  4. BroInLaw(maybe)

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I'll play...yeah, depending on the date.

Attendees
  1. rym
  2. rodriquez
  3. DrLivingston
  4. BroInLaw(maybe)
  5. R˙chean

I vote for the weekend of November 13th. The only other weekend that is good for me in November is Thanksgiving weekend and somehow I doubt that will work for everyone else.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

November 13th weekend works for me.

Is this a Saturday or Sunday thang?

Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Super Doopa

Attendees
  1. rym
  2. Rodriquez
  3. DrLivingston
  4. BroInLaw(maybe)
  5. R˙chean
  6. Anubianwolf88 (maybe)

As soon as I know the finalized date I will talk to BroInLaw and Fenix.

Last edited by DrLivingston; October 23rd, 2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: See I'm the yellow smiley face & rym is the blue smiley & I'm poking him with the stick b/c I want to know the ding dang date
Old October 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM

just fyi and for variety ye might want to put up that the armies cannot have the same unit(s) in them..
I could just see someone bringing the same army... hahahah
actually I might have done that myself...

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
just fyi and for variety ye might want to put up that the armies cannot have the same unit(s) in them..
I could just see someone bringing the same army... hahahah
actually I might have done that myself...

cheers
Rod
Yeah, that was already something that was discussed and agreed upon.

I simply forgot to post that up in the original post.

R˙chean, I will have to check on that weekend. My school has it's annual fundraiser in November (it's a huge, pull-out-all-the-stops production) and I have a sneaky suspicion it may just be that weekend. If so, we may be able to do it on that Sunday, but it would have to be a 1:00 to 2:00 start.

Killometer: That is certainly a possibility, but I'm hoping the smaller point totals entice some different builds. Besides, not knowing what you may face, someone could easily have a Braxas army and a Zelrig army.

You never know.

Hopefully it encourages some fun builds. Besides, it ain't Gencon

Updating the first post now.

Old October 21st, 2010, 06:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Speaking of which, I might remind you as you toot your little "I-didn't-play-a-competitive-army" horn that Hydra and original Rae are significantly competitive and were in the winning army for GenCon main event. Just because you surrounded Hydra/Rae with some gobos doesn't mean you weren't playing a strong build. (4xcommon+2xHydra+Rae=competitive...duh!)

Sell crazy someplace else; we're all stocked up here.

P.S. Are you going to just ignore my request for 400 pts?

Typical...drunk with power!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 21st, 2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: "FWIW, I chose to play 'fun', not competitive." - says the man playing 2xHydra & Rae. What next? Hydras are hard to play?
Old October 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Who Bummed Woo

How about...yep, it shall be.

Why? Because I know you probably have 8 spreadsheets of 400 point armies and 19 pages of spreadsheets for 500 point armies where you probably just threw in the Krav for the final 100.

<Sneezing and speaking at the same time, "typical">

So, yeah, 365.

Last edited by rym; October 21st, 2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: 'Cuz at most you maybe have 2 spreadsheets at that point total ;)
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Speaking of which, I might remind you as you toot your little "I-didn't-play-a-competitive-army" horn that Hydra and original Rae are significantly competitive and were in the winning army for GenCon main event. Just because you surrounded Hydra/Rae with some gobos doesn't mean you weren't playing a strong build. (4xcommon+2xHydra+Rae=competitive...duh!)

Sell crazy someplace else; we're all stocked up here.

P.S. Are you going to just ignore my request for 400 pts?

Typical...drunk with power!

poor poor Ry
have ye had a nervous breakdown yet?
365 points...such an odd and yet oddly soothing number to play with...
it has none of the warmth of a 400 point one though..
such a pity...can ye not give it a chance?

cheers
Rod

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events