Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 25th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
PreAugust PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Speculation & Information

Well, with only 1 week of Wave 11 (D1) previews left, perhaps it is time for those of us that live off this kind of speculation to start looking forward to Wave 12...if for no other reason then it gives those of us with net access at work something to do over lunch

From the Wave 11 thread, we have the following 4 trademark names that we know are not in Wave 11 and do not appear to be related to other WOTC properties.

VETERANS OF THE LAST WAR
OGRE AND THE GOBLINS
HEROES OF KHORVAIRE
GOLEM AND THE WYRMLINGS

We also have a trademark for

WARRIORS OF EBERRON

We know we are getting Vydar in this wave, which many have indicated points to Warforged being included. Warforged are one of the unique races in the Eberron campaign setting and they are visually similar to soulborgs, so a Vydar connection there makes a ton of sense.

Given that we are about to get a full wave based on the Forgotten Realms, having a wave based off Eberron would make sense as that is the other campaign setting that WOTC would want to pimp and they have the minis to support the set. Both the Heroes of Khorvaire and the Veterans Of The Last War names are related to Eberron lore, so that fits as well. The other two packs are fairly obvious, though the contents supplied could vary greatly, so still lots to speculate on there.

So, with the above in mind...or not if you wish...let the speculation begin

What We Know:

#1 - 1 of the Unique Heroes from Wave 12/D2 - Direct from D1 Preview Week 3.

Spoiler Alert!

#2 - It will be released in 2010. Likely in August as stated by GB

#3 - We may have been given an early preview of 2 of the figures coming in D2/Wave 12. In a picture of all the existing Heroscape D&D Minis that was displayed in the D1/Wave 11 Week 5 Preview, 2 hidden minis are seen.

Spoiler Alert!

#4 - It has been confirmed that the name of the Wave is 'Heroes Of Eberron'. This was confirmed by HouseMouse in a separate thread.

#5 - The names of the packs have been confirmed, along with a few additional figures that will be present in the waves.

Spoiler Alert!

#6 - It was confirmed by Rÿchean that the teaser listed in #5 above (which seemed to indicate that there would be no squads) was incorrect and that "There are some true squads in this release. The way the wave is set up is similar to D1."

#7 - A major leak took place as someone in Hong Kong got their hands on the entire Wave and put it up on Ebay. The information the follows is the summary of that leak.

Spoiler Alert!

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Last edited by Therrian; June 9th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Premature Pre??? PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Expansion Specula

VETERANS OF THE LAST WAR sounds like the set name. I don't have much to go with at this moment in time,but I will start looking for figures that we may see.

Do you know of anything else that will be in the wave. Based of that pictures from Wave 11 spec. We will get Bugbears,Warforged and Hobgoblins for sure. You might want to post that picture so we can look at it more.

Also do we know how big Warforged are exacly?

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I really hope that the Goblins don't try to be like our Gruts/Orcs and they are two different races with few similarities.

I'm also a little worried about a golem, as I've seen some of the golems that DnD has and they are just silly, in my opinion.

I hope that with DnD, HeroScape sticks to the more mainline fantasy as it has thus far (dark elves, dragons, trolls, various humans and humanoids, dwarves, mythological creatures, elementals etc.) and doesn't get into some of the weirder elements of fantasy (ie gelatinous cube or the chain golem).

Could anyone tell me if the balrog-like DnD miniature would fit in a booster set? I would love to see him make a HeroScape appearance.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
VETERANS OF THE LAST WAR sounds like the set name. I don't have much to go with at this moment in time,but I will start looking for figures that we may see.

Do you know of anything else that will be in the wave. Based of that pictures from Wave 11 spec. We will get Bugbears,Warforged and Hobgoblins for sure. You might want to post that picture so we can look at it more.

Also do we know how big Warforged are exacly?
I agree on the Warforged part, but what makes you think we will get Bugbears and Hobgoblins for sure?

As for the wave name, Warriors of Eberron is my pick as that matches the Champions of the Forgotten Realms name of Wave 11 (D1).

Veterans of the Last War has some lore connotations according to a post made in the Wave 11 thread that I can't dig up at the moment, so I expect that will be a pack of specific folks related to that war.

I plan to put my speculation list together in the next few days as I have some decent thoughts on what we may be seeing.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

4 member common Goblin squad for Vydar?
1 uncommon Golem Hero for Vydar?
3 member common War Forged squad for Vydar?
1 Unique War Forged Hero for Vydar?
1 Unique Hero Elementalist for Aquilla?
1 Uncommon Ogre Hero for Utgar?
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

There is 3 Wyrmlings in DnD. A red,blue and bronze. If that is the case then GOLEM AND THE WYRMLINGS will have 4 figures in it.

Because most of all those figures were in Wave 11. I really didn't mean for sure. More like 50%. The names of the packs don't match unless they are Unique Heroes.

If the Warforged are small enough we could see 2 squads or 1 4 figure squad and 1 Uncommon/common hero. My guess is that it will be 4 figure squad and uncommon hero or 3 figure squad and 1 common and 1 uncommon hero. Then a unique hero of them in heroes.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; February 25th, 2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:26 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

No! NOO!!
NOT AGAIN!!!
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Can anyone post the pics of the wyrmlings D&D minis? I don't really have any idea what they would look like.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For what it's worth, we also know that this wave will also be released in 2010. August-November is my guess.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Can anyone post the pics of the wyrmlings D&D minis? I don't really have any idea what they would look like.
Ya I will in a second. I'll post everything I think we will see. Well most.

Old February 25th, 2010, 08:52 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Could anyone tell me if the balrog-like DnD miniature would fit in a booster set? I would love to see him make a HeroScape appearance.
I made a custom with the Balor figure. The link is below. I also included a comparison shot with Agent Carr so that should be exactly what your looking for.

Old February 25th, 2010, 08:53 PM

This is what I think we will get.

Wave 12/D2: VETERANS OF THE LAST WAR

Set 1: Ogre and the Goblins
Goblin Squad 1,2,3/18

Uncommon Oger 4/18

Set 2: Golem and the Wyrmlings
Red Wyrmling 5/18

Blue Wyrmling 6/18

Bronze Wyrmling 7/18

Golem 8/18

Set 3: Warriors of Eberrron
Warforged Squad 9,10,11/18

Warforged Uncommon Hero 12/18

Warforged Common Hero 13/18

Set 4: Heroes of Khorvaire
Warforged General 14/18

Goblin Hero 15/18

Kurrok the Elementalist 16/18

Bugbear Hero 17/18

Drow Hero 18/18

Last edited by iceman3317; February 25th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News