Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old January 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Premature PreMarch PreRelease D&D Expansion Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revloscaper View Post
Yeah I agree that we need some bad guys who aren't just following Utgar, Mabye give the mummies to Vydar or the Bugbears and Wyvern to Ullar, You cant have a majority of a wave going to one General in my opinion.

WE NEED MORE VYDAR!!!!
Sure you can, especially when it's 5 generals pitted against one. If there are 24 figures in a wave, and 12 go to the Jandar, Einar, Ullar, Vydar, Aquilla alliance, then I have no issue with 12 going to Utgar.

-insert signature here-
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Is Jotun guarding the entrance so good things can't get in...or so bad things can't get out?
I got the impression that it's a little of both, like how the police go and divert traffic when a water or gas line bursts. Ullar sent him there to prevent people from getting killed inside. "Nothing to see here folks, move along."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Ok, well here is my stab at what we are going to see.

Oh, and I no longer really think that we are going to see the named heroes from Forgotten Realms in this set. I really thought we would, but something has changed my mind...not really sure what exactly, but I expect that they will stick to generic heroes.

Pack 1 - Unique Heroes (Good Guys)

Warforged Berzerker - Vydar
Human Ranger - Ullar
Human Paladin - Jandar
Elf Druid - Ullar
Half-Orc Barbarian - Aquilla

Pack 2 - Unique Heroes (Bad Guys)

Red Wizard of Thay - Utgar
Lich - Utgar
Beholder - Utgar
Necromancer - Utgar

Pack 3 - Monster Pack 1 (Common Squads and Uncommon Heroes)

Bugbears x 3 - Utgar
Wyvern - Utgar

Pack 4 - Monster Pack 2 (Common Squads and Uncommon Heroes)

Undead Skeletons x 4 - Utgar
Mummies (Either x2 or Uncommon Hero) - Utgar
You've been quoted plenty already, but I'll take one more stab at this.

I do think there is a possibility of the good/bad unique boosters (and, honestly, my pocket book would like that), but I'm guessing that we'll get a single unique pack again and that it will have good and bad units.

I do agree that I'm almost expecting an Ullar Ranger hero. It just seems like the kind of thing that really fits. However, I wonder if Syvarris kind of fill the role? If so, then an Ullar Druid figure seems the next most likely. (I'll be very surprised if there isn't an Ullar hero, that's for sure.)

I kind of expect a Dragonborn and/or Tiefling. I know very little about the new DnD, but there seems to be a push toward these new races and I expect that they'll want to include them in Scape.

You don't mention Elementals. I think these will come this wave and that they may be the more neutral figures that Aquilla kind draft. I like that idea, anyhow. I think they will work to have at least some "monster" units that go to the other races, and this works.

I'd love Vydar Displacer Beasts and do expect some form of Goblins, Hobgoblins or Bugbear (I agree with those guessing (perhaps wildly) at this being the lawnmowers). I think that we'll get either a goblin-esque pack or a skeleton pack, not both.

If they do mummies, I expect Vydar there (and I hope it happens). Even just a single uncommon hero who acts as a consort to the queen--a form of partial bonding, perhaps--would be truly excellent.

Anyhow, just some thoughts--all random --that your post spawned. All fwiw and no more .
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Ok, well here is my stab at what we are going to see.

Oh, and I no longer really think that we are going to see the named heroes from Forgotten Realms in this set. I really thought we would, but something has changed my mind...not really sure what exactly, but I expect that they will stick to generic heroes.

Pack 1 - Unique Heroes (Good Guys)

Warforged Berzerker - Vydar
Human Ranger - Ullar
Human Paladin - Jandar
Elf Druid - Ullar
Half-Orc Barbarian - Aquilla

Pack 2 - Unique Heroes (Bad Guys)

Red Wizard of Thay - Utgar
Lich - Utgar
Beholder - Utgar
Necromancer - Utgar

Pack 3 - Monster Pack 1 (Common Squads and Uncommon Heroes)

Bugbears x 3 - Utgar
Wyvern - Utgar

Pack 4 - Monster Pack 2 (Common Squads and Uncommon Heroes)

Undead Skeletons x 4 - Utgar
Mummies (Either x2 or Uncommon Hero) - Utgar
You've been quoted plenty already, but I'll take one more stab at this.

I do think there is a possibility of the good/bad unique boosters (and, honestly, my pocket book would like that), but I'm guessing that we'll get a single unique pack again and that it will have good and bad units.

I do agree that I'm almost expecting an Ullar Ranger hero. It just seems like the kind of thing that really fits. However, I wonder if Syvarris kind of fill the role? If so, then an Ullar Druid figure seems the next most likely. (I'll be very surprised if there isn't an Ullar hero, that's for sure.)

I kind of expect a Dragonborn and/or Tiefling. I know very little about the new DnD, but there seems to be a push toward these new races and I expect that they'll want to include them in Scape.

You don't mention Elementals. I think these will come this wave and that they may be the more neutral figures that Aquilla kind draft. I like that idea, anyhow. I think they will work to have at least some "monster" units that go to the other races, and this works.

I'd love Vydar Displacer Beasts and do expect some form of Goblins, Hobgoblins or Bugbear (I agree with those guessing (perhaps wildly) at this being the lawnmowers). I think that we'll get either a goblin-esque pack or a skeleton pack, not both.

If they do mummies, I expect Vydar there (and I hope it happens). Even just a single uncommon hero who acts as a consort to the queen--a form of partial bonding, perhaps--would be truly excellent.

Anyhow, just some thoughts--all random --that your post spawned. All fwiw and no more .
Thanks for the thoughts 1Mmirg!

I could for sure see a Dragonborn Paladin fighting for Jandar.

Time will tell though...hopefully we get some release info soon

EDIT - Realized that basically everything I just posted I said in previous posts...that will teach me to post at work after very little sleep...apologies

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Last edited by Therrian; January 20th, 2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: I am a broken record :(
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM

Jer Woo who?

Quote:
There are multiple kinds of Rangers in D&D these days. Syvarris definitely would fit in as an archer-style Ranger, but there are also the "two weapon" Ranger types (of which Drizzt is the archetype, I think). I wouldn't be surprised to see a figure like that show up. You also have the "beast bonding" Ranger types, where you could have a Ranger figure and a pet for bonding - I suspect if we don't see something like that in this set we'll see it in the future.

Quote:
I'll be very surprised to see a Tiefling. I know that Wal*Mart has loosened up a bit in recent years, but at one point they were very, very skittish about anything that looked remotely "demonic". Unless they've loosened up a lot more than I think they have, I don't expect to see it.

Conversely I'll be shocked if we don't see a Dragonborn. People like dragons, and the Dragonborn figures almost all look really eyecatching. The scale matches well with Heroscape and they kind of capture the "new look" of 4th edition pretty well. So if we don't see one of them I'll be shocked.

Quote:
I expect to see Elementals (because that's been spoiled) and I expect to see at least one magic-user type figure with Elemental bonding. Possibly a Sorcerer rather than a Wizard because Sorcerers are the class with the elemental theme tied to them this time around. (As well as the wild magic theme, which would also make for some cool Heroscape mechanics). I'm actually hoping for the elementals to be Ullar or Aquilla - I'm expecting them to be Aquilla. Not for any good reason, just an expectation.

Quote:
The problem with Goblins is that the D&D minis for them are so tiny that the scale feels off for Heroscape. It's not as bad as the Kobolds, but it's still bad.

I'd like to see Hobgoblins and Bugbears, but unfortunately I'm expecting to see Orcs. Mostly because there are a ton of Orc figures to make squads out of and the selection of Hobgoblins and Bugbears is less diverse. I hope I'm wrong - I'd rather see the blue Gruts be the standard Heroscape Orc and have other humanoids imported from D&D - but I don't know how likely that is.

I'd like to see Gnolls and Yuan-ti make an appearance as well. There seem to be a lot of Yuan-ti figures in the D&D mini packs, so a squad of them isn't out of the question. I'm not sure if there are enough Gnolls in recent sets to put together a squad of them though. If there were, they'd be my guess as to what the "Lawnmower" is - a pack of Gnolls that have a bonus to attack targets adjacent to allied Gnolls and Frenzy. (Whatever the Lawnmower is I'm expecting it to have Frenzy - no reason, just another hunch).
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

[quote=Robotech Master;992810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk View Post

Well, Arachnomancers tend to summon spiders of infest people with them. Lolth's Wrath is actually already a spider themed spell, even though that's not apparent to the non-initiated.
Pelloth's Lolth's Wrath has him sacrificing a drow for a chance at 3 unblockable hits.

Seeing as you are initiated, and I am not. Explain what that has to do at all with spiders. If you are referring to non-HS Dnd then Lolth's wrath is an area affect that gives +5 to attack to spiders and drow. This is not that. In fact, one relates to the other..... not at all.

So please explain to us unitiated how this is spider related.

Thanks for responding to my post. Trying to be constructive and tell you that you come off a bit blow-hardy and know it all, when, in fact, you know just a little. And it's really not any more than I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Last edited by Alastair MacDirk; January 20th, 2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: because
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Faustus is surprisingly tart

[quote=Alastair MacDirk;993381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:

Well, Arachnomancers tend to summon spiders of infest people with them. Lolth's Wrath is actually already a spider themed spell, even though that's not apparent to the non-initiated.
Pelloth's Lolth's Wrath has him sacrificing a drow for a chance at 3 unblockable hits.

Seeing as you are initiated, and I am not. Explain what that has to do at all with spiders. If you are referring to non-HS Dnd then Lolth's wrath is an area affect that gives +5 to attack to spiders and drow. This is not that. In fact, one relates to the other..... not at all.

Thanks for responding to my post. Trying to be constructive and tell you that you come off a bit blow-hardy and know it all, when, in fact, you know just a little. And it's really not any more than I know.
I think it was mentioned in one of the previews (?) that Lolth's Wrath made a Drow explode into hundreds of spiders that caused damage to nearby foes. (I don't know this from D&D, but from somewhere on this site - sorry I can't remember exactly where!)

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM

Revloscaper is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
The problem with Goblins is that the D&D minis for them are so tiny that the scale feels off for Heroscape. It's not as bad as the Kobolds, but it's still bad.
I dont know how small the goblins or kobolds are but would it be possible to fit a couple onto a base, kind of have a swarm thing going?
Just an idea...
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

[QUOTE=Faustus;993402]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it was mentioned in one of the previews (?) that Lolth's Wrath made a Drow explode into hundreds of spiders that caused damage to nearby foes. (I don't know this from D&D, but from somewhere on this site - sorry I can't remember exactly where!)
This is correct. Pelloth chooses a suitable drow to sacrifice. That drow magically explodes in a swarm of tiny poisonous spiders that immediately crawl all over any hapless victims within a few feet at the command of Pelloth himself.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

[quote=Grungebob;993444]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is correct. Pelloth chooses a suitable drow to sacrifice. That drow magically explodes in a swarm of tiny poisonous spiders that immediately crawl all over any hapless victims within a few feet at the command of Pelloth himself.
Apologies then. I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old January 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

[QUOTE=Alastair MacDirk;993446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No you had the D&D ability correct. We re-themed it based upon one tiny quote:

Quote:
Drizzt’s sacrilegious ways had invoked Lolth’s wrath, and the Spider Queen, in turn, had demanded his death.
This I think sparked the idea to make Lolth's wrath something that was attached to a drow death.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:57 PM
What is Sarcasm?

REGULUS is surprisingly tart

[quote=Grungebob;993455]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No you had the D&D ability correct. We re-themed it based upon one tiny quote:

Quote:
Drizzt’s sacrilegious ways had invoked Lolth’s wrath, and the Spider Queen, in turn, had demanded his death.
This I think sparked the idea to make Lolth's wrath something that was attached to a drow death.
I can't wait to read the official Heroscape bios for these guys! I think, for me at least, it adds so much more to the gameplay. Do you think we will ever get bios from WOTC now that they have taken over?

I want my FANTASTIC FOUR!!!
...and Skrulls

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News