Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 12th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Have you read The Passage? It was a terrifying book. I was thinking I'd give the tv show a shot. I guess you like it, if you're still watching.
I never read the book DS. We didn't know anything about it before watching the show, so we didn't have any expectations one way or the other. It's different and I can see how it can get terrifying in a book, but not sure how far they can take it on TV.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've just discovered and am watching the First Episode of Star Hunter Redux, a SciFi series starring Michael Pare (with a mustache). Its on the El Rey channel On Demand.

Wikipedia tells me that it was a Canadian show from 2002, which was lovingly redone to the original vision and retitled with "Redux" for its two seasons' 44 episodes in 2014, after it was radically changed the first time around in its second season. Pare and other actors have been restored to the second season and special effects are updated for this new version, a sort of "Director's Cut." The first episode will be available until March 10 On Demand, and the entire first season of 22 episodes is currently available.

Supposedly there may even be an all new Third Season.

(Edit) I'm halfway through the First Season, 11 of 22, and would only rate it as B-. It has some good stuff in it, but doesn't really gel. However, there are some interesting continuing themes starting to develop, which might improve the overall one off presentations so far. I'll finish it, and It will be interesting to see if the Second Season is presented after this one goes off in about a week.

Last edited by chas; March 3rd, 2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old February 27th, 2019, 02:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Got caught up on The Flash, now I'm halfway through Punisher season 2 and one episode into Umbrella Academy.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 3rd, 2019, 01:00 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'd been enjoying Umbrella Academy, and I suppose I still am, when Netflix suggested the documentary series Losers. I started it, for no particular reason I can think of, and I loved the first two episodes. How did Netflix know I would like it?

Anyway. The setup is that it's a show about losers in sports. People and teams who are remembered for losing. The first episode is about a boxer; the second is about an English football/soccer team. Both were really good. Only 25 minutes per episode, so very little time invested. And I learned something each time, and got an interesting slice of life I would have never expected.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:07 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is there an episode about the Lions?
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:32 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is there an episode about the Lions?
25 minutes wouldn't cover it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2019, 03:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heh. If there's an episode about American football, I haven't seen it yet. I'm on episode 3 now, which is about a French figure skater. This show is really well done, and the episodes are not long. I encourage you guys to watch it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 8th, 2019, 10:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My family and I are enjoying The Umbrella Academy. My daughters have watched it already and convinced my wife and I to watch it. We are through the 4 episodes so far.

Still enjoying The Passage as well.

Old March 11th, 2019, 09:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Really liked the Umbrella Academy! Had moments when the characters frustrated me with their actions or reactions, but overall really enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you finish, Hambone. I've been thinking about creating them in C3G.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old March 11th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Any comic book history for them?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 11th, 2019, 10:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Really liked the Umbrella Academy! Had moments when the characters frustrated me with their actions or reactions, but overall really enjoyed it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you finish, Hambone. I've been thinking about creating them in C3G.
We just finished it about 20 minutes ago. We really liked it a lot. So quirky and cool.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Any comic book history for them?
According to my daughters, yes.

Old March 12th, 2019, 01:05 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The show you are thinking of was Mindhunters on Netflix, don't remember Hazel being in the show though as it's been a while since I watched it. As for comic history, the show is based on, I believe, a Dark Horse comic. It mentions it at the beginning of the episode.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV