Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 17th, 2017, 01:49 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Animated Vines

The Book of Animated Vines

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeon Crawler figure from the From the Depths set.
Its name is Plant Vine.

DIY Proxy vines

Character Bio - Vines are commonly found in nature, such as highly vegetative areas throughout the world. In certain cases, people are able to manipulate these vines to an animated state, to do their bidding. Much like many plants, they are easily disposed of, but are able to continually regrow from their roots over time.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As figures with a special power that allows them to count as Jungle Pieces, Animated Vines have these Jungle Piece Synergies.
  • As a Wild Squad, Animated Vines can take a turn with Beast Man's Beast Mastery special power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Animated Vines may be moved by their Chlorokinetic Movement special power before you take a turn with a figure that has the Plant Animation special power, and may be placed back on the battlefield with Plant Regrowth if you control a figure with the Plant Animation special power. Current figures with the Plant Animation special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Constructs
11 August 2022 - Clarified no leaving engagement attacks when moving with Chlorokinetic Movement

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 11th, 2022 at 07:01 PM.
Old January 17th, 2017, 01:50 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Animated Vines (Breathing)

NAME = ANIMATED VINES

SPECIES = PLANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (3)
CLASS = CONSTRUCTS
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 55

JUNGLE PLANTS
Whenever a special power on an Army Card refers to a Jungle Piece, it refers to the Animated Vines as well.

CHLOROKINETIC MOVEMENT
Once per player turn, before taking a turn with a figure you control that has the Plant Animation special power, you may place up to 3 Animated Vine figures you control on empty spaces within 3 spaces of their original placements during which they do not take any leaving engagement attacks. Animated Vines cannot move or be moved in any way except by this special power.

PLANT REGROWTH 15
For the entire game, at the end of each round, you may roll the 20-sided die once for each destroyed Animated Vine on this card. If you roll 15 or higher, place that Animated Vine on any empty space adjacent to a figure you control with the Plant Animation special power, if possible.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 8th, 2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old January 17th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; April 16th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Since when the third is gone they're gone for good, I'd quite like to see better odds of bringing one back.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:53 PM

It depends. I intended for them to be able to keep coming back even if the 3rd is destroyed. If we have it so they can't come back if the 3rd is destroyed, then I agree, a lower roll would be necessary.
Old January 17th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
It depends. I intended for them to be able to keep coming back even if the 3rd is destroyed. If we have it so they can't come back if the 3rd is destroyed, then I agree, a lower roll would be necessary.
I'd actually like them to be able to come back if they're all destroyed - I do prefer that direction - but, in that case, you're going to need to make that clear in the power, since powers on Army Cards that are destroyed are no longer considered relevant unless otherwise stated.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 17th, 2017, 03:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

For personality maybe something like Subservient.

I like the idea of having them continue to come back into play as long as you have a Plant Animations figure in play to summon them. Lazy is correct that it would need to be spelled out in the power.

A little confused as to how they move. Do they start the game in the start zone? The first power says they never move, but then the second power sounds like they move 3 spaces.
Old January 17th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Rooted should read:

Quote:
Animated Vines are considered to be Jungle Pieces and their Move number may never be increased.
Also, why not give them a Range of 1 and an Attack #? Then they might even get an order marker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 17th, 2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
A little confused as to how they move. Do they start the game in the start zone? The first power says they never move, but then the second power sounds like they move 3 spaces.
They can't move on their own. They can never move, even by figures that allow figures to move. However, they can be placed. Such as before a figure with Plant Animations takes a turn, or by other powers such as Magneto's throw etc. Idea being they are vines coming from out of the ground. Chlorokinesis would essentially have them going underground and popping up within 3 spaces away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think Rooted should read:

Quote:
Animated Vines are considered to be Jungle Pieces and their Move number may never be increased.
Also, why not give them a Range of 1 and an Attack #? Then they might even get an order marker!
The theme is they are simply vines when not being animated by someone that has the ability to do so. You draft them with the likes of Ivy or Floronic Man, placing them as you take turns, and using Plant Animations to attack with them. So everything you need is done through the one actually animating them.
Old January 17th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I get that. I'm just saying they'd be more fun if they could attack on their turn. They are already animated so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:03 PM

I'm not against it. I just kind of like the "cut the head off the snake, and the body dies" aspect they currently have. Without Ivy/Floronic, they can't go anywhere, attack, or come back to life.

As I said though, I'm not opposed to it if that's what people want to do.
Old January 17th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Hard as ice

I like Wild as a personality here - it's a term used to describe non-cultivated plants, can be used in the sense of 'Wild growth' - it sounds a bit more interesting and colourful here than Subservient. I'd like to see a personality that sounds like you're describing plants, even if it's an all-new, weird one.

Another thing worth mentioning is that, as written, they would still always make LEAs, so that could be construed as a theme-break if you're going for them only being animated by Ivy/Floronic and their animator is dead - I suppose you could explain it away by Batman being careless and cutting himself on thorns.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library