Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 5th, 2015, 05:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Fortress Door

Charging assault is Kozuke Samurai, not Templar Cavalry.
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Both dok and I say you would not get the bonus for Charging Assault because the door is not a figure and is only treated as a figure when it is targeted or attacked.
If this is the case, it is a figure, because it is being targeted and attacked. On the other sense it is a destructible "Object". In the case that the game is for fun, and the door is a pain in the butt, I personally would allow it. If I actually played games with the door anyway.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 5th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Both dok and I say you would not get the bonus for Charging Assault because the door is not a figure and is only treated as a figure when it is targeted or attacked.
If this is the case, it is a figure, because it is being targeted and attacked. On the other sense it is a destructible "Object". In the case that the game is for fun, and the door is a pain in the butt, I personally would allow it. If I actually played games with the door anyway.
Yup. Follow the rules carefully, and if you don't like 'em, house rule as you see fit. Or play slightly wrong by mistake, that's ok too. Nobody will come to your house (plural "you") and take away your toys.

Or, as put it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I believe Chris Dupuis may have been the one who retrieved the answers to these questions from Craig and then created the FAQ(s)(I was around before we even had an FAQ).

Clear or unclear, I do know one thing. If Craig saw this kind of circular kibitzing over this kind of thing, he would just tell you that "it's magic", and that's why it is the way it is.

At a certain point, the debate becomes more destructive than it's worth. When a person is so determined to prove themselves right, they lose track of the harmony that is so important in a community.

Quirky, as the ruling is, it has served well for many many years now. It is the odd little quirk like this, that I find so charming, and is also the reason I would defend it against someone who is primarily intent on proving themselves correct at all cost.
It's not a figure. There's an exception for Sword of Reckoning? Fine. "It's magic."

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 5th, 2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: "it's a game, not a simulation," hardly anybody uses the door, etc.
Old October 9th, 2015, 01:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
TREX, I think you are still misunderstanding which power we are talking about. We are talking about Kozuke Samurai Charging Assault, not Templar Cavalry Galloping Charge. Read the Kozuke card: it does not mention targeting or attacking. That is why quozl and I think the power does not work on the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's not a figure. There's an exception for Sword of Reckoning? Fine. "It's magic."
Honestly, there's no CVN-style appeal to "magic" here. The issue is not that there's two rulings in conflict and we just have to live with that. Rather, it's just that there is an area of ambuguity in the rules, and the ruling was kind of buried (available only in the front of this book, and not in the FAQ or the rulebooks) so we (or maybe just me?) had missed it.

That ruling doesn't make it 100% clear how to handle a few super-cornery corner cases (Combined Arbalest, Blood Frenzy, Zettian Targeting), but even so, it's just a matter of having a ruling and running with it; no "magic" needed.
Old October 9th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
That ruling doesn't make it 100% clear how to handle a few super-cornery corner cases (Combined Arbalest, Blood Frenzy, Zettian Targeting), but even so, it's just a matter of having a ruling and running with it; no "magic" needed.
I think we're saying the same thing with different words.

When I think of that CVN quote, it's in the context of an argument over some ambiguity. We are not working with holy scripture, here; there will be ambiguities. Confronted by those ambiguities, we - because now we, the fans, decide - should simply make the call and move on. Why one and not the other? Because the call was made. And the reason for the call? Magic.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units