Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 25th, 2010, 02:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Wave 11 Boosters

Nice idea, but unlikely. Drow won't really care enough about males to bring common ones back to life. They are a destructive, heartless race for the most part. So it just would not fit with in the established drow themes for one drow figure to bring other drow figures back to life on a regular power.
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:11 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hear she's mysterious. Terribly mysterious, in fact. And she can like, cut guns in half - with her mind!

Old February 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Nothing against the work that JairEmia did, I just cleaned it up a little:
Oh, no! That's what I get for being slow. Nice job, gents!

Mmirg...I owe you a favor now.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I hear she's mysterious. Terribly mysterious, in fact. And she can like, cut guns in half - with her mind!
Ah! A member of the Valhalla Society

~Aldin, refusing to comment on whether or not he thinks the Valhalla society is kind of silly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Jer Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
So any speculation on what the new Drow Aracnomancer is going to do?

I'm hopping she's got the ability to revive previously destroyed Drow commons, which could actually make Pelloth exploding them into spiders a viable tactic.
Speaking thematically, the arachnomancer in D&D deals with spiders (as one might expect from the name). They summon spiders, throw webs, use poison, have spiders as pets and are generally spidery.

Speaking mechanically, the arachnomancer in 4e D&D from the Monster Manual has a ton of powers. A melee attack that does damage and paralyzes the target. A ranged attack that does poison damage. An attack that fills an area with webbing and makes it hard to move through. A blast attack that does poison damage. The ability to summon a cloud of darkness. And an ability that gives spider allies within a couple of squares a bonus to attack anyone the arachnomancer hits in a combat round.

My guess would be some kind of web attack or poison attack. I'd like to see some kind of spider synergy - not necessarily bonding, but give spiders you control extra movement or extra attack or defense dice or something. Fits the theme even though the spiders we have are Aquilla instead of Utgar.
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I really hope she does something when a Drow figure she can see is destroyed. Like, whenever a Drow she sees dies, she blows the corpse up into spiders and sicks them on someone.

That might make Pelloth somewhat usable, and would make your opponent think twice about attacking Drow that are within her sight range

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:33 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
So any speculation on what the new Drow Aracnomancer is going to do?

I'm hopping she's got the ability to revive previously destroyed Drow commons, which could actually make Pelloth exploding them into spiders a viable tactic.
Speaking thematically, the arachnomancer in D&D deals with spiders (as one might expect from the name). They summon spiders, throw webs, use poison, have spiders as pets and are generally spidery.

Speaking mechanically, the arachnomancer in 4e D&D from the Monster Manual has a ton of powers. A melee attack that does damage and paralyzes the target. A ranged attack that does poison damage. An attack that fills an area with webbing and makes it hard to move through. A blast attack that does poison damage. The ability to summon a cloud of darkness. And an ability that gives spider allies within a couple of squares a bonus to attack anyone the arachnomancer hits in a combat round.

My guess would be some kind of web attack or poison attack. I'd like to see some kind of spider synergy - not necessarily bonding, but give spiders you control extra movement or extra attack or defense dice or something. Fits the theme even though the spiders we have are Aquilla instead of Utgar.
What if she somehow enhances Pelloth's 'virtual' spiders (increasing the range of the attack, allowing it to do more damage, etc.). Kind of like how sonya enhances cyprien's special.
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:36 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Hmmm... ... how about

SWARM OF TINY SPIDERS EATIN' YOUR GUNS
Start the game with a silver SOTSEYG Marker on this card. At the end of the turn, if you have a SOTSEYG Marker on this card, you may choose any opponent's figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Estivara. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-16, nothing happens. If you roll a 17-20, place the SOTSEYG Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. That Army Card's Range value is 1 for the entire game.

----

Copied from Morsbane's negation, note that the "unique" restriction has been removed...
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

One thing...I highly doubt that the 'Drow Arachnomancer' is actually an arachnomancer. That name came from Cool Stuff Inc when they posted the figures that were in the set...but that is also the EXACT name of a D&D Mini.

My guess...they are using the Drow Arachnomancer figure as a female Drow Priest. Not a 'let me heal you' type of priest, but rather a 'feel the wrath of Lloth' type of priest.

It makes little sense to have both Drow unique figures be the same fairly uncommon class this early in DND Scape, and Female Drow Priests are very iconic in the Forgotten Realms...at least they were prior to all that odd Drow stuff that happened in 3.5 and I am guessing 4.0...something about female drow losing their ability to 'hear' Lloth or something...don't really remember.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless

Last edited by Therrian; February 25th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I think something like that would make me quite Furious.
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Jer Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
One thing...I highly doubt that the 'Drow Arachnomancer' is actually an arachnomancer. That name came from Cool Stuff Inc when they posted the figures that were in the set...but that is also the EXACT name of a D&D Mini.

My guess...they are using the Drow Arachnomancer figure as a female Drow Priest. Not a 'let me heal you' type of priest, but rather a 'feel the wrath of Lloth' type of priest.
This is a good point - Pelloth is already an Arachnomancer and it would be kind of weird to have both Unique drow be the same thing. A priestess that used the arachnomancer figure would be a good guess.

However, the Lolth's Wrath power that the priestess's get in 4e is what Pelloth has as Lolth's Wrath (kill an ally to release an area burst of spiders to munch on your enemies). So a drow priestess would need something different.

Still - spider theme is likely for any drow that isn't named Drizzt.
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Since the Hydra was shown to have the potential to throw 20 dice/turn, I'm paying much closer attention to everything CheddarLimbo says. No offense, CL.

You could really abuse this in a sad/hilarious/terrible way. Please don't.

Does she have a hack saw? What would that do to Johnny Shotgun? More likely, does she have some sort of aura/ability that halves an opponent's range?

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News