Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 22nd, 2015, 01:26 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I guess everyone is scalping the wares as they usually do for MTG branded products.
How can selling a product for the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price be considered scalping in any way?
It is when its above msrp. Re: CSI @$33 & fun again @$46.
CSI corrected it, fun again has not.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
I guess everyone is scalping the wares as they usually do for MTG branded products.
How can selling a product for the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price be considered scalping in any way?
It is when its above msrp. Re: CSI @$33 & fun again @$46.
CSI corrected it, fun again has not.
Time to get technical here.

1. MSRP stands for, as I said above, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. The Suggested part means that it is not the price that it has to be sold for.
2. The right term for CSI's pricing would be something like "not discounting."
3. It is entirely possible that the distributers were mistakenly giving out the wrong prices to their customers. As you said, CSI corrected it. It is quite possible that Funagain simply hasn't yet. That being said, I don't even consider Funagain prices to be an accurate guage, since their normal prices are typically very much higher than every other OLGS.
4. CSI selling it for retail means that not everyone (as you said) is selling it higher.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 07:58 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

An interesting article concerning the LGS pricing of the game.

http://icv2.com/articles/columns/vie...ng-times-three
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not sure what the target market for this game is. I can't imagine many of the Magic players I know/knew are excited about this nor many of board gamers I know because it's Magic branded.
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, maybe. I guess I just dont see it doing well because, I feel like the majority of the Magic community isn't going to care and the a majority of the board game/miniature community might be turned off by the Magic branding. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:52 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Colorcrayons:

Its interesting that rather than stress the MTG link, the reviewer says "This appears to be a revamping of the Heroscape system." He also notes the reasonable cost of $29.99
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Magic has been trying really hard to expand their brand recently - releasing computer games, pushing into mass market stores, working on a big budget movie. Releasing a cheap, thematic board game with Hasbro backing made HeroScape a success, so I think they're hoping to get lightning striking again.

It's to attract outsiders to the Magic brand, not to sell a new product to Magic players.
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's also something that a person's mother can buy for a person who plays Magic. It's within the realm of possibility that once it's been bought as a gift, *somebody* might try it, and enjoy it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; June 26th, 2015 at 06:49 PM. Reason: "Honey, they didn't have that Black Lotus thing you wanted at Target, but they did have this. You might like it!"
Old June 27th, 2015, 07:33 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I stay away from card games...except the standards (poker/blackjack,etc)...and I think you'll find there a lot of folks like me (ex-old D&D edition players but not really gamers) who may pick up something like this to try to understand why the card game is even popular.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; June 27th, 2015 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Heroscape was amost a throw back to D&D but made easy.
Old June 27th, 2015, 07:43 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

johnny139,

Ah, Corporate Gigantism in a tiny gaming universe. Yes, its pretty sad when they push a product that's already been super successful, expecting to somehow tweak another quantum leap in profits that cannot possibly be realized! But perhaps a certain designer is bending their intent to his own ends--a Saruman to their Sauron, if you will...(sorry about that, buddy--go for it, and thanks).
Old June 28th, 2015, 09:42 PM

It's a strong brand, tied to a strong miniatures game engine. With a few tweaks. It's really not hard to imagine a company taking a risk to produce this. It'll sell out its initial print run.
The real question is, will be it be as successful as Hasbro wants it to be?

It definitely has potential. I think one of the most major bits of fanfare and hype will come from the Dice Tower. Vasal is a heroscape fan, and an MTG fan.
Once his word of mouth gets published, we'll likely see the beginning of some inertia.
He has already gone on record as being positively inclined towards it.

I hate cult of personality. But the fact is, such things sell games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion