Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM

rramstad has disabled reputation
Out of print?

I'm totally new to HeroScape (don't even own a copy yet, actually) and have been confused by what I've been reading online.

I've heard two completely different things.

First, I read some quotes from the game designers that the intention is that while there may be bits and pieces that go out of print temporarily, the intention is that things will be reprinted i.e. this is not a collectible game.

Second, I've read in a few places opinions that with the Master Set 2 (Swarm) coming out and some retailers dumping Master Set 1 (Valkyrie) that perhaps Hasbro intends to discontinue Master Set 1.

I've noticed that availability for Master Set 1 at online stores is hit or miss, many of the bigger retailers have stock, many smaller ones don't.

So, is Master Set 1 out of print? Is Master Set 1 likely to be discontinued when Master Set 2 comes out? If so, given what is known about Master Set 2, would it be wise to purchase Master Set 1 immediately, or is Master Set 2 likely to be more generally played than Master Set 1?

Thanks in advance from a confused newbie... I'm having trouble getting motivated to shell out $40 for Master Set 1 when I hear of various retailers dumping them, but conversely, I'll really kick myself if they all disappear, Master Set 2 sucks, and folks on eBay want $200 for a Master Set 1 in three months...
Old June 27th, 2007, 05:02 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Seeing as Sotm isn't going to be available for at least another month or so i'd say Master set 1 is still being produced.
Old June 27th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Attention all newbs

THAT right there, is how you make a first post or ask some questions. I wish all newbs were as competent as you appear to be. Since search is turned off (sort of, you can site search through Google), we can't really fault you for asking a redundant question. I'm in a fairly decent mood today, so you get off a little easy in that regard

I am fairly certain I read that SotM (Master Set 2) will replace RotV (Master Set 1) when it comes out. I'll see if I can find that thread...

rramstad, Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you aboard.
Old June 27th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Since search is turned off (sort of, you can site search through Google), we can't really fault you for asking a redundant question. I'm in a fairly decent mood today, so you get off a little easy in that regard

I am fairly certain I read that SotM (Master Set 2) will replace RotV (Master Set 1) when it comes out. I'll see if I can find that thread...

rramstad, Welcome to the boards. Glad to have you aboard.
Thanks for the suggestion to use a Google site search. I hadn't thought of that. I did check (pretty familiar with this type of BBS software) and noticed that the embedded search functionality was turned off before I posted.

Veeerrrry interesting if the rumors I had heard were true, that RotV would be going away.

Thanks for the welcome, and if you do find that thread, please post a pointer in here to it!
Old June 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM

I found this thread that quoted Sandra at House Mouse Games as saying that it was official that SotM would replace RotV.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7946

So I guess my next question is... have folks found any big retailers dumping RotV recently?
Old June 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
I wouldn't say dumping, but every Wally-World around me has anywhere from 10-15 master sets, some are even the 1.5's (no EOV's, though). However, all are beat up, some held together with tape and baling wire.

Old June 27th, 2007, 05:55 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoduck
I wouldn't say dumping, but every Wally-World around me has anywhere from 10-15 master sets, some are even the 1.5's (no EOV's, though). However, all are beat up, some held together with tape and baling wire.
I bought one w/ red and blue dice hoping for sparkly water. No water AND there were two white-dude Kravs and no lady-type Krav. I complained to Hasbro and never got anywhere. I ended up returning it to their "bailing wire and crapulence" department

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
rramstad, it's always nice to see a new person who can post intelligently. Welcome aboard.

And while I have all the old HS stuff I could ever want, I would still be sad to see that first MS go.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:20 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
If it's the loss-leader that everyone believes it to be, I'm betting we won't see RotV again. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It would go against their non-collectible stance. However, as long as we could look forward to an MS 3 I'm sure I'd be fine with it. Would it be years later, though?
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
rramstad,
I will ditto everything everyone has said about your post quality. Very nice. I'm not 100% on the boat that MS1 is going to be gone for good or that SOTM is replacing it. With that said, if I where you, I'd still pick up MS1 because of all the terrain and the 30 different figures in which SOTM won't have included. If anything, you should be able to find MS1 at any Walmart/Target for a while because, well, there are plenty of them. With SOTM coming out, MS1 may even be discounted to make room for SOTM.

Welcome to Scapers and hope you eventually get Heroscape and enjoy (aka addiction) it as much as we do.
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome aboard, rramstad! Some weirdo named Aldin should be around soon wishing to hang a plant on you or something.
Aldin's still in the trade, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 27th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Please allow me to add my welcome, rramstad. Even at the $40 price, the original Master Set, in my opinion, is (was?) a bargain. But, then, I bought several of them, just for the terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion