Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old April 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Marvel Ultimate Alliance... for Wii or Xbox?

I don't have a Wii yet, just an Xbox, but I'm working through X-Men Legends II and am contemplating purchasing MUA. Does anyone have it for the Wii? What say you?
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I have it for the Wii. If you can't do any better, get it, but if the XBOX version is available, that one would be better. I havn't even played it on the box, and I can tell you that. The motion controls are tacked on, it lacks online, and there are less missions.
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Just to clarify, I'm talking Original Xbox, not 360. And I had a suspicion that the motion controls would feel odd. Can you control the game "traditionally" with the non-wiimote controller?
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Nope, you need a Wiimote. But you can use the A-button and such. Though Wii does have two more characters... but it's only Colossus and some other guy. Not very important, unless you're a fan.
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I played it on the Wii. I thought it was awesome, and was glad I wasn't on Xbox. However, the experience is completely different.

Pros for Wii:
Controls are more fun
Easier to get non-gamers to partner up
And yeah, Colossus! How can that not be important?!

Pros for Xbox:
Much tighter controls
Don't have to stand up to play a video game

One thing anyone who plays Wii will notice is that the motion detection is spotty. In some cases, you can be waving that little stick around and get nothing for your efforts, and it can be irritating. Like you'll be pumping your arm up and down and your guy won't jump, just spin kick in place (random example - not sure that applies to MUA).

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:59 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
If you do decide to upgrade to a 360, they are releasing some dlc (down loadable content) in the next few weeks. You'll be able to play the Hulk, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Venom, Dr. Doom, Sabertooth, and Magneto.

I want to smash with Hulk.
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Hex Sinister Woo who?
Aw man! Hulk and Hawkeye? Aw man, I wish they were on my version. There are still two characters I haven't unlocked and I was hoping one was Bruce Banner. I know the other is Black Panther... Maybe it's Vision then? Shh, don't tell me. I wasn't really thrilled with having the X-Men in this game. It would have been way better with some other guys. Anyway, I dunno about Wii but the regular xbox is decent. I'm gonna go rock it as soon as the gf is done with American Idol

"Grimnak the Orc is doing something kinda pleasant to my arm." - Sgt. Drake
Old April 25th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
I played the Wii version sitting down.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:01 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've played a few different versions of this now....

I feel the XBOX 360 version is hands-down the best. No wonky tacked-on motion controls AND it has extra characters and the potential for downloadable content....a potential which is very shortly going to be fufilled.

The Wii version is the very definition of non-intuitive. It's yet ANOTHER example of a game that is just a last-minute port to motion control, and was clearly designed to be played with a traditional controller. I'm becoming very dissapointed in the Wii. Hopefully Mario Galaxy and other upcoming titles will change that dissapointment.

Second best version, after the 360, is probably original XBOX. If you have no plans to buy a 360 or PS3 I'd purchase the classic Xbox verison now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games