Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Paladin573 Woo who?
Newbie ???

OK easy one...Have not played but 2 others in my group played 750 pt games out of Marro set..so I think for right now we will be keeping it around 750 pt games..

Can an army consist of any figures? Like an army of Elves and knights and Ninjas? I know that Elves knights and Ninjas might not have any synergy, just an example.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Newbie ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin573 View Post
OK easy one...Have not played but 2 others in my group played 750 pt games out of Marro set..so I think for right now we will be keeping it around 750 pt games..

Can an army consist of any figures? Like an army of Elves and knights and Ninjas? I know that Elves knights and Ninjas might not have any synergy, just an example.
Yes, That is one of my favorite parts of the game.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Welcome to the site!

And yes, your army can have any figures you want in it, no matter how bizarre the combo.
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Paladin573 Woo who?

Thanks

Ok so maybe I do want Elves knights ninjas and...DRAGONS!!!!

actually have no clue yet
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:20 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I've started a saved list of threads that I will post for any new people I see online; its not really a formal greeting, but I hope my list helps you find your way around the site better!

This is the forum conduct; its not a required read, but once in awhile someone comes along who must be referred here.

The Books have every unit in them and are a great resource for finding/asking questions about a single unit.

The Definitive List of Definitive Lists will take you to... I think this one is self explanatory.

My favorite strategy threads:
Efficient Play Wins the Day
What's in an Order Marker?
Dude, where's your X? (Order Markers part II)
Roles and Holes in HS- How OM affect Design (OM III)
How order marker roles change (OM IV)
Heroscape Power Rankings
The Idiot's Guide to Making a Competitive Army

Again, welcome to the site!

~GreenLanturn~

EDIT: This is the first time I've posted it! Enjoy.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; February 9th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:34 PM

Paladin573 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
I've started a saved list of threads that I will post for any new people I see online; its not really a formal greeting, but I hope my list helps you find your way around the site better!

This is the forum conduct; its not a required read, but once in awhile someone comes along who must be referred here.

The Books have every unit in them and are a great resource for finding/asking questions about a single unit.

The Definitive List of Definitive Lists will take you to... I think this one is self explanatory.

My favorite strategy threads:
Efficient Play Wins the Day
What's in an Order Marker?
Dude, where's your X? (Order Markers part II)
Roles and Holes in HS- How OM affect Design (OM III)
How order marker roles change (OM IV)
Heroscape Power Rankings
The Idiot's Guide to Making a Competitive Army

Again, welcome to the site!

~GreenLanturn~

EDIT: This is the first time I've posted it! Enjoy.

GREAT LINKS THANKS

All the army choices are overwhelming. I keep getting side tracked.
So I am just going to pick a direction and go with it

ELVES - WIZARDS and ARCHERS - 750 pts

With 750 pts can I get a good balance of archers and Wizards? Whats a name of some army's that have this combo that I can look at?
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
All the army choices are overwhelming. I keep getting side tracked. So I am just going to pick a direction and go with it.
If you just pick a direction and run with it wouldn't you rather run down your own path than choose another's?

There are a few Elf Wizard threads, but I'll give you a basic summary (from what I remember from them).

Arkmer, Emiroon, Ulginesh, and Jorhdawn are the best 4; Kentela Gwyn is useful with the common elves and Chardris is below average.

If your planning on going with Wizards I'd compliment it with the WoA. They provide melee cover better and have better staying power than the Archers.

The biggest thing to remember is to build an army you'll have fun with.

Old February 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM

Paladin573 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
All the army choices are overwhelming. I keep getting side tracked. So I am just going to pick a direction and go with it.
If you just pick a direction and run with it wouldn't you rather run down your own path than choose another's?

There are a few Elf Wizard threads, but I'll give you a basic summary (from what I remember from them).

Arkmer, Emiroon, Ulginesh, and Jorhdawn are the best 4; Kentela Gwyn is useful with the common elves and Chardris is below average.

If your planning on going with Wizards I'd compliment it with the WoA. They provide melee cover better and have better staying power than the Archers.

The biggest thing to remember is to build an army you'll have fun with.
Thanks that is exactly the kind of nudge I need. Once I work out my first army I will post it for all to laugh or cry or shake in fear at!
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

To expand, the E-Wiz Core is

Ulginesh 150
Jorhdawn 100
Arkmer 50
Emiroon 80
Kyntela Gwyn 20

400 points total.

You could hit 750 a couple of different ways:

3xAubrien Archers 210
1xWarriors of Ashra 50
Chardris 90

2xAubrien Archers 140
2xWarriors of Ashra 100
Acolarh 110 or Morsbane 100 (plus Isamu 10)

I think either offers a decent bang for the buck. One other option would be to drop Kyntela Gwyn to take 4xAubrien Archers and Chardris.

~Aldin, eating Lembas

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks that is exactly the kind of nudge I need. Once I work out my first army I will post it for all to laugh or cry or shake in fear at!
An issue that I am starting to see with the armies forum is that to many people are posting new threads with vague names such as, "How's this" or "What do you think of this army".

Its fine that a new thread is made (though my opinion on the new threads is not very valuable), but I think many would agree that such vague names only cause clutter. Also you cannot use the search function to find an Elf army if its title is "How's this".

If you do decide to make a new thread:
1. Do a search to see if your theme isn't already out there.
A. If you find an existing thread read some of it to see if it changes your army.

B. Check the date of the last post in that thread. If its to old you should try to add to the discussion of the thread if you post there. (Posting an army would be adding to the discussion.) (The Books are the exception to this. You may ask/post/answer in them no matter the date.)
2. If there is no existing thread make one with a descriptive and correctly spelled title.

That is a very long way of saying, "Please be descriptive and try to reduce clutter."

Thanks a bunch!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion