Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
Right on. So is mine.

Also, I wasn't trying to imply that people were out to prove ME wrong personally--just the idea. Seriously, that would be scary.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukifu
Right on. So is mine.
If you really believe you are correct, or if you really believe there is a question here, form your question with examples, as unbiased as you can, and submit it to WOTC and ask them to check with Craig or the designers.

Then, if you are correct you get to say "I told you so." If you are wrong, you get to apologize for wasting everyones time by going on and on. Just be happy you haven't gone on as long as I did with the Brunak question. Talk about ridiculous.

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:06 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
well that and there is an Gencon '07 exclusive in the balance

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan
If you really believe you are correct, or if you really believe there is a question here, form your question with examples, as unbiased as you can, and submit it to WOTC and ask them to check with Craig or the designers.
Already done. Haven't heard anything yet. But I'm pretty skeptical, and unless something comes back with Craig's brainwaves on it I doubt it'd sway many people much, one way or another. I asked them to put it to Craig, but we'll see. If not, GenCon's coming.

As for wasting people's time--heck, if we all have as much time to sit around and post on here as we do, we've got time to burn. After this one's settled, I've got plans to start a thread about the racial and gender implications of the different shades of snow tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry
well that and there is an Gencon '07 exclusive in the balance
Wait, I thought we agreed on corsets...

Old July 19th, 2007, 03:21 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
We're talking about a game where they felt the need to clarify in the FAQ that when Alastair takes his last wound, he is in fact dead.
Hey! I'm proud of that question

And you mucked it up. It's whether Alastair gets one final, heroic Overextend Attack before he dies if you assign his last wound to get an Overextend Attack. Ability text on cards trumps Rules, and the card, read literally, would allow it. But not this time. It would have been ... TOO cool. Nothing else would have ever seemed cool after that.

Also that was one of THE classic rule discussions... Bobo, Kentak, one of my first throwdowns with Gbob... 12+ pages of memories. Second only to the Great Flying Disengage War. Believe me, this is child's play in comparison.

But regardless, I respect your stance here and your defense of the legitimacy of your question.

H
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Aagh! It seems at this point you all were right and I was just thinking wishfully:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotC
Hi there,

Thank you for your patience. Here is the answer you've been waiting for.

Concerning LIFE DRAIN, (You) is the player currently controlling the card. So, if your opponent has to give you Marcu and you destroy a figure you can choose not to remove a wound marker.

Take Care and Good Gaming!
Lame. Took about a week to get an answer, and while they don't mention Craig or anyone else, I did ask if they'd pass it along to him when I first submitted it, so I imagine they might have.

Again, while I agree this is probably the most reasonable way to interpet the card, it's lame nonetheless. If this is really the way Craig et. al. intended the card to be played, I gotta say they missed out on a good little ability twist there. Oh well.

And Ry, if you don't mind, I'm still holding out to hear what Craig says himself. Holding out, but not holding my breath.

Old July 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I cannot understand why you are so doggedly holding on to this.
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Mostly just to irritate you.

Old July 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Mostly just to irritate you.
Ah, ok then. Carry on. :P
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:32 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Thanks for getting the answer for us!

Quote:
And Ry, if you don't mind, I'm still holding out to hear what Craig says himself. Holding out, but not holding my breath.
Well considering neither of us will have the item that we wagered until that time, then I guess that would be alright

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Aagh! It seems at this point you all were right and I was just thinking wishfully:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotC
Hi there,

Thank you for your patience. Here is the answer you've been waiting for.

Concerning LIFE DRAIN, (You) is the player currently controlling the card. So, if your opponent has to give you Marcu and you destroy a figure you can choose not to remove a wound marker.

Take Care and Good Gaming!
Lame. Took about a week to get an answer, and while they don't mention Craig or anyone else, I did ask if they'd pass it along to him when I first submitted it, so I imagine they might have.

Again, while I agree this is probably the most reasonable way to interpet the card, it's lame nonetheless. If this is really the way Craig et. al. intended the card to be played, I gotta say they missed out on a good little ability twist there. Oh well.

Wow. What a shock. Glad we all asked that one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's