Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 24th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Kirigi

The Book of Kirigi

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Hand Ninja.
Character Bio - "While it is known that the ninjas of ancient Japan feared Kirigi, little else is known of his history. Kirigi is an opponent of both the Chaste, a group commanded by Stick, and two of Stick's former pupils, Daredevil and Elektra Natchios. This hatred eventually prompts the Hand to resurrect him in order to destroy Elektra. This plot eventually reaches its climax as Elektra, walking into a trap laid by the Hand, attempts to kill the Hand's Jonin (ninja master) with the assistance of Daredevil. Instead of meeting the Jonin, she meets Kirigi. In response, she stabs him with two sai; however, he merely pulls them out effortlessly. He then dupes her into going for her sai, only to choke her with his rope knife. However, she manages to impale him with her blade, forcing him to break off the fight. A day later, however, he returns to attack Elektra again after recovering from his wounds using meditation and mystic ointments. Once again, a fierce battle ensues. Elektra flees into a semi-rig and smashes into him at a high speed. She then leaps out of the semi-rig before it explodes. In spite of this, Kirigi merely stands back up, though his skin is still engulfed in flames. Finally, Elektra simply decapitates him as he tries to regain his bearings, saying: "God or demon, Kirigi had a neck and that was human enough."

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - How does Undead Resilience interact with powers like Hogun's Bludgeoning Strike and Black Widow's Widow's Bite? Are the additional wounds added before or after you use Undead Resilience?
    A - The additional wounds are applied before Undead Resilience. For example, if Black Widow was to inflict 2 wounds on Kirigi with her attack and then place the additional wound with Widow's Bite, as long as those wounds don't kill Kirigi, he could then use Undead Resilience to remove 2 of those wounds, taking a total of 1 wound. Similarly, if Black Widow was to inflict only 1 wound with her attack, placing the additional wound would allow Undead Resilience to trigger and therefore she would do no damage with the attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:21 PM. Reason: png
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
NAME = KIRIGI

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = NINJA
PERSONALITY =RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 175

PHANTOM WALK
Kirigi can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

KYOKETSU SHOGI
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi was not engaged at the start of his turn, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Kyoketsu Shogi do not take leaving engagement attacks. After using this special power, Kirigi may use it one additional time.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Kirigi receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to two of those wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 1st, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:42 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Kirigi - Designing

Undead Resistance is supposed to be capturing the common cinematic ploy wherein the hero sinks a blade into a monster's chest... the monster staggers back, as if in shock... and then graps the hilt of the blade and draws it out with a snarl, as it has minimal effect.

Let me know if you're getting that theme. It may be a bit too complicated... but I wanted to show the damage looking like it had been inflicted... but turning out not to be as effective as first thought.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I really like this design, and I am excited to see a ninja and an undead in one.

Quote:
ROPE KNIFE
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi is not engaged, you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Rope Knife do not take leaving engagement attacks. If Rope Knife inflicts a wound, you may use it again.
I think the last line is a bit too powerful. Maybe alter the last line to specify that he can't choose the same figure more than once per turn. This would also allow him to "attack" multiple figures in a turn.
Quote:
UNDEAD RESISTANCE
If Kirigi would receive any number of wounds from a normal attack, you must first roll the same number of combat dice. For each die that does not show a skull, reduce the number of wounds inflicted on Kirigi by one.
The title hurts the understanding of the theme here, and so does the counting of non-skulls rather than counting skulls, since skulls translate to wounds better.

ROPE KNIFE
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi is not engaged, you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Rope Knife do not take leaving engagement attacks. If Rope Knife inflicts a wound, you may continue to use it but you cannot choose the same figure more than once this turn.

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Kirigi would receive any number of wounds from a normal attack, you must immediately roll the same number of attack dice. For each skull rolled, Kirigi receives one fewer wound from this attack.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cool design. I think Griffin gave some good feedback and I see no other issues right now.
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:43 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I want to give him the option of wounding the figure and then pulling them in for an attack though. How's this for a compromise:

ROPE KNIFE
After moving and before attacking, if Kirigi is not engaged, you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of Kirigi whose base is no more than 8 levels above or below Kirigi's base. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, you may choose to either inflict a wound on the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Kirigi. Figures placed by Rope Knife do not take leaving engagement attacks. If Rope Knife inflicts a wound, you may continue to use this special power but no figure may receive more than one wound per turn from this special power.

That gives him the option of continuing to use it against other figures, and then go back to try and pull a juicy target in.

I like Undead Resilience much better, and I like your timing wording, but I have to admit it seems a bit wonky to me to have the skulls rolled reduce the attack. I know it keeps the probability the same, but I think I like my version of die that do not show skulls better. Unless it's confusing and I'm just not seeing it.

Old May 24th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
If Kirigi would receive any number of wounds from a normal attack, you must immediately roll the same number of attack dice. For each shield or blank rolled, Kirigi receives one fewer wound from this attack.

I agree having skulls cancel it out is weird. Shield or blank is only a couple extra words and it seems more defensive.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:01 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

On the Undead Resilience power, instead of the complexity of rolling dice after rolling dice and before taking wounds, why not just give him "shields of valor" against normal attacks? But give it that thematic comic flare like this:

UNDEAD RESILIENCE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, each shield rolled counts for one additional block.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:05 PM

Or just give him TOUGH like on Grundy.

Sometimes those simple powers can help let each player visualize a unique theme that they like, while more specific themed powers are more restrictive to the imagination. So while Margloth may imagine a blade pulled out of a chest, I imagine a solid attack being poorly placed on the body instead of the head/brains, and something like TOUGH covers that.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
So while Margloth may imagine a blade pulled out of a chest, I imagine a solid attack being poorly placed on the body instead of the head/brains, and something like TOUGH covers that.
Those are basically the same situations. I really like Undead Resilience and would hate to see it get replaced by Tough.
Old May 24th, 2012, 04:13 PM

I was trying to figure a 'your weapons don't hurt me' type power that could be reused on other Undead designs. I forgot Grundy just has Tough.

I do agree that the power may be too complex... although I kind of like the 'suprise! That didn't hurt!' aspect.

Old May 24th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Yes Tickle, it is the same, but it is imagined differently.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library