Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 15th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Does anybody use Otinosh effeciently?

She isn't an Isamu, but she does what you would expect a 10 pt character to do. If you don't got Isamu, it is better to take her than leave 10 pts in your army.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Champion Of Blah has disabled reputation

I use her in an Elf Army which contains lots of tricky figures. Phantom Walk is useful and Attack the Wild is alright.. but I think the thing people are missing about Otonoshi is the ridiculous movement she can obtain with her Tricky Speed 4. She can get a move of 10 for one turn. On many maps 10 hexes is a considerable chunk of land. Often getting her within a turn of a glyph or choke point. I've used her to hold off opponents figures off for a round or so. In any case, I don't think Otonoshi was ever designed with the intent of killing too much. If you try to use her as such, it's no wonder you're going to be dissapointed.

I hope this helps..
Old April 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

She fits well into Elf Wizard or Agent heavy armies, especially against Orcs. Take out one Swog Rider and you've earned back your points.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 15th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

Otonashi is headlining my army for an upcoming tournament. I like her as an early glyph grabber, not to hold the glyph, but more for the chance of a one time use glyph. Even if it is a permanent glyph, it's amazing how much the game can change once a glyph of Astrid gets revealed. That's what I like best about Otonashi, that 1st turn order marker can have huge impact on where the rest of the battle will take place.

We are friends, ouch.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM

ScaperChick is surprisingly tart

I think it was mentioned on page 1 that you can use her if you don't have Isamu. I would suggest that if you don't have an Isamu that you paint her red and use her AS Isamu. He really is much better. The only competitive use for her has been mentioned above about using her with tricky agents and/elves to get her massive move of 10 which is only going to pay off if she is attacking wild Orcs or Jotun.

Life is good.
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:42 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I've used her in armies that make me scared of Braxas. I'll use Tricky Speed to run out and engage Braxas, and then attack with 4 dice. Plus, she needs a 17 to Acid her. She has a good chance to earn her points (and a lot more) back that way, and slow Braxas down a bit.

I've also seen her used with Skahen's Cover Fire ability, but I'm not really a big fan of that.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I try not to use the filler ninjas at all. That being said if I do end up with the odd 10 points left, then Isamu is better. Of course, both are just filler, only Isamu is more effective filler.
I've used Otonashi in a few games, mostly as a speed bump for my enemy.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Isamu can give you the occasional "crazy successful" story which I think magnifies his value in people's minds. Especially since facing Knights, Nilfheim and 4th Mass is so common. Rarer are Otonashi's opportunities against Jotun or Braxas and so she is an afterthought for many. People tend to forget the games where their first D20 roll for Isamu is a six... unless he GETS THE SHIELD! Another crazy success story Otonashi, otoh, can really benefit from jungle, height and Raelin. I like her quite a bit, really and take her about 50/50 given 10 extra points.

~Aldin, still waiting for the chance to use Otonashi against Jotun

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
She fits well into Elf Wizard or Agent heavy armies, especially against Orcs. Take out anything and you've earned back your points.
Fixed.

Really Ootanashi's designed to be a sort of one-shot marro/orc assassin. However because she has absolutely no survivability, Isamu does her job better. She really needs a way to be activated without puting an order marker on her.

I think there may be merrit to using her to trip one-shot glyphs in a tricky army. I'll have to try that . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Isamu can give you the occasional "crazy successful" story which I think magnifies his value in people's minds.
My son had one of those in the Madtown Throwdown last fall. He was getting his butt kicked, but then Isamu just went ballistic. He wound up losing a close game with Isamu doing around 400 points of damage before he went down.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old April 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Really Ootanashi's designed to be a sort of one-shot marro/orc assassin. However because she has absolutely no survivability, Isamu does her job better. She really needs a way to be activated without puting an order marker on her.

I think there may be merrit to using her to trip one-shot glyphs in a tricky army. I'll have to try that . . . .
You bring up a good point I'd forgotten about here. I like using Isamu, Otonashi, AND Marcu in an army built around Red Skull.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM

gelcom5 Woo who?

I've truly never even heard of Otonashi. care to explain her ups and downs?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units