Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old May 27th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon Events

Yes, you keep the points you scored for killing the Marro the first time. You would score another 12.5 for killing them a second time. Figures like Marro Warriors and Cyprien that resurrect or get more lives effectively put more potential points on the board for your opponents to score, so be careful.

You get no points for knocking off an Exoskeleton. But you get the full 32.5 for killing a Mezzo once the Exos are gone, or with a special through the Eco.
Old May 27th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Questions about Multiplayer Madness.

My opponent is playing Marro Warriors. I kill one and mark down 12.5 points of damage dealt. My opponent then successfully Water Clones the figure back. Did I still get that 12.5 points of damage or no?

I am playing Mezzos, does my opponent get any points for removing an exoskeleton marker?
Thanks, added to the Rulings thread!

Multiplayer Madness
Q: If my opponent recovers points (ex: healing Cyprien, cloning Marro Warriors, etc.), do I lose those points?
A: No, you still scored those points. Bringing healing/reviving figures in your army will give your opponents the ability to score points off them more times than they normally could.

Q: Do removing Exoskeletons count as dealing damage?
A: No. you get 32.5 each time you actually kill a Mezzo.

Q: Do I score points if I damage my own units?
A: No. Stop it.

Last edited by OEAO; May 27th, 2021 at 07:58 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 07:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Get some help.
Old May 28th, 2021, 01:09 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I Had To

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post

Q: Do I score points if I damage my own units?
A: No. Stop it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Get some help.
*fade into picture of Alastair MacDirk surrounded by marro. He grunts and lets out a loud yell as he swings into a marro cleaving it in two. He looks at the marro, lets out another yell and hefts his sword slicing off another Marro's head. He clutches at his side wincing in pain. The picture turns to gray and a voiceover starts*

"Every year soldiers hurt themselves trying to stop the forces of evil. This can lead to them falling in battle long before they intend to. Thankfully, there is help."

"Try Kelda, the #1 recommended cure for injury."

*fade to Eldgrim with caption "Eldgrim: Actual customer"*

"I would often overextend myself and find myself getting weary and needing to rest my spirit on someone else and let them do the hoofing but now with Kelda I find my spirit renewed."

*fade to Kelda with caption "Kelda: Doctor?"*

"I have been prescribing Kelda to all my patients. They feel refreshed and reinvigorated. Most of the time."

"Ask your doctor if Kelda is right for you."

Side effects may include an inability to use Kelda if you are a lowly squad figure, opposing generals being frustrated and calling for it to be banned, having to stop moving to use Kelda, frustration at the opposing general using Kelda before you, inability to use Kelda more than once per battle, poor positioning, being fired upon immediately after using Kelda. Some patients reported symptoms worsening or even death when administered through a spear.

"Also comes in travel size glyph form"

~Dysole, incapable of not making jokes
Old May 28th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

^This. This is great.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 31st, 2021, 11:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm tired, so I'll edit it tomorrow, but Betrayal is changing to "steal all copies of any one army card." The current version hasn't been working well in testing.

All events are officially locked. See you all in Indy!
Old June 1st, 2021, 08:50 AM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks, that's a good change. I was going to have to run Minions x4, Atlaga with the old ruleset, and only allow my opponents to steal Minions x1 or Atlaga

The new ruleset makes you create armies where no one card is essential which makes for fun builds and games. If anyone wants any ideas, the format was ran in Classic League V.
Old June 1st, 2021, 09:53 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Thanks, that's a good change. I was going to have to run Minions x4, Atlaga with the old ruleset, and only allow my opponents to steal Minions x1 or Atlaga

The new ruleset makes you create armies where no one card is essential which makes for fun builds and games. If anyone wants any ideas, the format was ran in Classic League V.
Yes, the Minions build was one of the strongest.

Perhaps the strongest, and certainly the most degenerate, was 8x Mezzos.

Edit: Note too that it has changed from an 18 hex limit to a 20 figure limit to facilitate the new betrayal rule.
Old June 1st, 2021, 05:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure I follow the change. What exactly does this do?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 1st, 2021, 06:05 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I'm not sure I follow the change. What exactly does this do?
You steal all copies of any one army card. So if your opponent brought 4x Minions, you steal all 4 squads of them.
Old June 1st, 2021, 07:16 PM

The earlier posted rules of the format, the rules as of yesterday, allowed you to steal up to 165 points of your opponents' army, or one card. So if I brought Stingers x5, Charos, Marcu, in the old rules you could steal Charos (since he's one card) or Stingers x2 and Marcu for 140 points. In the new rules, you can take all 5 squads of Stingers, or Charos, or Marcu.

The effect of the old rules was it massively encouraged you to play figures that messed with that 165 point cutoff. The Minion x4 Atlaga build I posted earlier was the most egregious one I could think of; your opponent can only steal 110 or 90 points from you, since Atlaga and Minions don't add up close to 165. And what are you really going to do with one squad of Minions or Atlaga against a bunch of squad figures. The Mezzos x8 build that Orc posted only lets your opponent take 130 points, and you can steal any special attacker build they might bring. Basically the meta would have been huge piles of high point squads like Minions Mezzos Hounds duking it out.

The effect of the new rules (the rules of the format as it was designed by kevindola back in the day) is that neither one of those armies are close to viable. If you bring 8x Mezzos your opponent steals your whole army and you instantly lose. You are forced to bring an army with many pieces, none of which are essential to the army's success, since if it's essential your opponent can just take it.

I don't know what advantages the old rules offered, to be perfectly honest. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of changing the format this late but in this case the change helps the event be so much more fun that I am on board with it.
Old June 8th, 2021, 04:18 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

So is Betrayal’s figure limit more strict than a normal format? You don’t have a limit after you swap figures, the limit is pre-swap which is pre-placement. Normally with figure limitation you can actually show up with as many figures you have points for, but can only place the restricted number of them. So in this format, do you get DQ’d if you show up with more than 20? I’d think so, since that’s like showing up with more points than you’re restricted to in normal formats (which is also a thing here of course).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon