Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM

Porkachu is surprisingly tart
Porkachu's Doctor Who Customs

I've seen DW customs here, some of them of the Doctor himself, but I've noticed he's always condensed into a single hero, usually using the tenth. The idea with my own was to have all versions of the character represented, so I've made separate cards for each incarnation.

As these are works in progress, they have no point values yet, but I'm working on that.

NUMBER ONE
This one was easy to do; the first Doctor is pretty much defined by "age does not make one old", so I gave him his token impatience, but gave him a powerful attack as well.

NUMBER TWO
The second Doctor is a tricky dude. He makes you think he's on your side, and manipulates you into doing his will. I didn't know how best to illustrate the manipulation without resorting to a mechanic already in place, so I pretty much just gave him Mind Exchange.

NUMBER THREE
This is the action hero, the dude who spent five seasons breaking people's arms. Easy to design.

NUMBER FOUR
This was a tricky one. I wanted to illustrate the fact that, when provoked, this dude can fly into an epic rage and lay on the hurt, being a capable fighter despite his inherent weirdness. I also, however, wanted to illustrate his merciful side.

NUMBER FIVE
This one was easy; here's a noble dude who gets pushed too far a lot, and doesn't hesitate to whip out a gun when he needs to.

NUMBER SIX
This was very tricky. How do you correctly illustrate a psychopath with a heart of gold? I settled on giving him a companion power; that way his attack powers are reigned in by the fact that he's got to stick around to protect someone.

NUMBER SEVEN
This was unexpectedly easy. The seventh Doctor is a chessmaster; he plans everything centuries in advance and everything is in place when he gets to it, so an order marker power was the obvious choice. Hand of Omega was thrown in to be consistent with his storyline.

NUMBER EIGHT
As guilty as I feel saying it, I hated the eighth Doctor. He annoyed the crap out of me in the movie. In the books, however, he was pretty much the ultimate badass.

NUMBER NINE
This guy was very fun to design; you've got a perpetually pissed-off manic depressive who knows every bit of tech inside out.

NUMBER TEN
There are so many customs of Ten out there that I ended up just ripping off them. Not proud of that, but as they were all pretty damn good representatives of his character already, I thought, "why not aggregate?"

NUMBER ELEVEN
By far the trickiest one, since, if you think about it, he's really just an angry version of the second Doctor. I didn't want to cop out and make him Two with a special attack, so I copped out a different way; by making the card representative of his storyline rather than his actual character. The universe has grown to fear him as an invincible warrior and that depresses him enough to wish for death. So;

So those are the Doctor. Criticism and/or soda are welcome; soda is preferred.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Porkachu's Doctor Who Customs

Would Einar make more sense for #3's Alignment?
(with the disiplined personality and counterstrike)
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I never cared for Dr Who myself I'm stoked that you made so many customs spanning the different actors that played him throughout the years.

+rep for having passion and taking initiative!

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It might be interesting if each card had a 'regeneration' ability that allowed you to roll a d20 upon 'death' and if you roll 1-19, nothing happens, but if you roll a 20, you can replace that doctor with another (if available).

or something like that.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM

@Weirdscaper: I actually considered that, but I thought it might be too powerful in-game. I didn't want a hero that cost a thousand points, you know? But either way I think I prefer it this way; it highlights the fact that they're all essentially different characters. As for the Einar thing, I didn't even think of that; the idea was that he's a third-party guy, really only at UNIT for something to do while he's trapped on Earth. Its a thought, though.

Also, thanks, ibecheif!
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:52 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I, for one, am looking forward to an Ancient Artifact: Jelly Babies glyph!
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:18 AM

Agreed, IshMEL;

Old December 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome! I especially like the "Expansion Set: Candy" on there.

This is sort of amusing:

Every Jelly Baby Scene

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards