Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Has anybody read Lolita?
Yep, but not for quite a while. Why?
My mom won't let me read it, she's concerned about objectionable content, is there much of that?

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Has anybody read Lolita?
My mom won't let me read it, she's concerned about objectionable content, is there much of that?
Do you know what the plot of the book is? I'd say it's pretty questionable, but I had to read it for Freshman English and I operate under the opinion that true literature is not ever profane. I like what the book does with the "protagonist." It takes one of the most undesirable qualities and attempts to work it into a redeemable character.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Finished Candide, now reading The Milagro Beanfield War. Again.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I am reading Bulfinch's Mythology (again).

This is actually the first time I have really gone through the legends of Charlemagne in it. It has many parallels to Greek stories and heroes.

I recommend it to anyone interested in mythologies from around the world.
Old December 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Iron Man and Philosophy

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 8th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Time for a big update... Recently I've read tons of Steven King and Tom Clancy.

As of right now, I'm rereading Eragon in preparation for Inheritance, Under the Dome, Against all Enemies... and A Tale of Two Cites for school.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Has anybody read Lolita?
There are 1,000,000,000 great books out there. Including 1,000,000 you would like more than that one.

Do what your mom says.* If you seriously want a recommendation, post a couple you liked & I'm sure there are many here who could oblige with a good recommendation for something similar.

I'm a huge fan of Neil Gaiman; if you haven't read American Gods that's a great one, with deep roots in Western culture and a very modern sensibility.

For myself, finally Dancing with Dragons. I enjoyed the previous installments & am enjoying this one, though I confess I don't understand the hysteria.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; December 8th, 2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: * Just because she's your mom. I'm not passing judgment on the book, just saying, don't choose this dumb battle.
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:04 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Has anybody read Lolita?
There are 1,000,000,000 great books out there. Including 1,000,000 you would like more than that one.

Do what your mom says.* If you seriously want a recommendation, post a couple you liked & I'm sure there are many here who could oblige with a good recommendation for something similar.

I'm a huge fan of Neil Gaiman; if you haven't read American Gods that's a great one, with deep roots in Western culture and a very modern sensibility.

For myself, finally Dancing with Dragons. I enjoyed the previous installments & am enjoying this one, though I confess I don't understand the hysteria.
Thank you, both of you. I'll consider looking at a different one.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Apparently, I'm stuck in October?

Been reading the original vampire story, Bram Stoker's Dracula. Vampires are extremely scary, but not gory creatures originally. I hate what Hollywood has done to remove both of these in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I don't know. Sparkly vampires are pretty freaking scary. I don't want to be anywhere near them.
Old December 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Apparently, I'm stuck in October?

Been reading the original vampire story, Bram Stoker's Dracula. Vampires are extremely scary, but not gory creatures originally. I hate what Hollywood has done to remove both of these in the movies.
I loved the original Dracula! And all the hollywood treatments seem to miss the real essence Stoker was giving them. Too much of a blood and gore flick instead of psychological treatment.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:00 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

I'm reading "A Feast for Crows"... and wondering why I've stayed with this story so long...

Great characters, no plot, just a bunch of rambling incidents with no guiding purpose.

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books