Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Just finished Joe Hill's Heart Shaped Box.

I'm sure some of you are Neil Gaiman fans like I am. This novel reminds me of the fantasy/horror Gaiman sometimes writes, sort of a grown up Graveyard Book in its tone and style. It doesn't have the majesty and scope of American Gods, but it's sort of like that, too..

I'm always on the lookout for things that remind me of Gaiman, and this is right up there.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old November 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Old November 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

The Second Generation by Weiss and Hickman

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

The Things They Carried, by Tim O'Brien
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

About to finish Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:04 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
About to finish Inheritance by Christopher Paolini.
I finished reading that recently too. Pretty good overall.

My thoughts on the ending of the series: (And yeah, the spoiler tag really does mean there are spoilers for the record)

Spoiler Alert!

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

In honor of Anne McCaffrey, I am readingI though it fitting...being the end of an era and all

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old December 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Has anybody read Lolita?

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finished 11 22 63 by Stephen King-

Pretty good book. There's a time travel element, but not a science one, just a "rabbit hole" in time with its own set of rules. There are horrific elements- some brutal crimes- but it's definitely not a horror novel. Unlike most of King's books, I thought the ending was just right. It was bittersweet, not what I thought would happen, not what I hoped would happen, but it fit the themes of the book. Like most of his work, it's overlong, but still a good read.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Has anybody read Lolita?
Yep, but not for quite a while. Why?
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I had no idea what this book was about when I started it, but overall I am liking the plot. I mostly am reading it before I see the movie since I like to do that. I was pleasantly surprised when I started it. I honestly thought it was going to be some Gothic romance crap, but I like Fincher's work as a director and I can appreciate the literary dimensions of books I don't like so I thought I'd give it a try. Not at all what I expected, and overall a fantastic read so far.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Candide. This book is hilarious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books