Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 18th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nova (Initial Playtesting)

Yea, missed the proposal in that post but I like that version of the design.
Old May 18th, 2020, 08:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea
Old May 18th, 2020, 10:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:29 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:44 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Danke! I realized I screwed up the thread title, so everyone had probably already thought this had passed. This passes to Initial Playtesting.

Here's the initial playtest.
Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Nova

Army Test 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (Glyph of Wannok)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Nova (210), Luke Cage (190), Thing II (340), Iron Fist (260)
Team 2 (1,000):F4 (1,000)

Pre-game thoughts: I’m going to call the F4 Thing “Thing 1” and the Fighter Thing “Thing 2.” Plan here is to use Thing 2’s Four of a Kind to advance the troops for the first round, then just use him as a standard Fighter with Cage. Nova will hide slightly behind the melee Fighters until he gets a good chance to ram somebody. (Maybe he can pick off Sue.)

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Nova was pretty fun while he lasted. He powered himself up in round 2, and forced Reed to make some hard choices about who to tie down to protect Sue. 4 wounds in a single attack isn’t bad by any means, he just didn’t have the staying power to last much longer than that.

Army Test 2
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Nova (210), Cap (240), Bucky (60), Luke Cage (190), Moon Knight (150), Human Torch (Hammond) (150)
Team 2 (1,000): Cosmic Boy (260), Superboy (330), Karate Kid (230), Lightning Lad (180)

Pre-game thoughts: N/A

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Losing Luke so early really hit team 1 hard, and they kind of fell apart after that. Some decent solo performances, but they just couldn’t keep up with the Legion’s double turns of pure offense.

Nova followed a similar pattern as last time, charging in and getting a decent hit on an enemy before dying. He makes a decent draw for enemy firepower for a turn or two, but that leaves most of his abilities feeling kind of untapped, which is a bummer.

Army Test 3
Units: Team 1 (770): Nova (210), Shredder (245), Hand Mystics (145), Hand Ninja x2 (170)
Team 2 (770): Commander Rogers (260), Wolverine (280), Shang-Chi (230)

Pre-game thoughts: So far, Nova has been kind of a one shot glass cannon type, so I figured pairing that up with some nice tie-down could be interesting. Also hoping some interesting stuff could maybe happen where Nova scores a kill for the Mystics? Not counting on it though. Shredder is there as a hype man too.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Shooting Nova in there right at the end for a massive 8 die+auto-skull roll did feel good, but I’m not sure that assassin role really feels accurate to the character.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think I did catch onto how to play him in the back half of my playtests - he feels all about just supercharging him as much as possible and waiting for the perfect moment to send him out and snipe an enemy. When playing him as more of a frontline guy, he just feels a tad fragile. In that role, I dunno how often I’d pick him over Bulldozer, even in a generalist build

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I don’t feel like he’s unplayable or terrible or anything. It’s fun to launch him from halfway across the map to tear up a specific enemy. I think my main concern is just that playing him like Nova (a reckless brawler) feels like the least effective strategy.
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:54 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm thinking about these changes;
Quote:
NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTITY = RICHARD RIDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 210

FORCED TO THE LIMITS
At the start of the game, place 2 gold Nova Markers in a Nova Force pool. Before taking a turn with Nova, you may move any number of Nova Markers from the Nova Force Pool to this card. Add 1 to Nova's Move and Attack numbers for each Nova Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2. If Nova would receive one or more wounds from a normal or special attack while there are Nova Markers on this card, remove all Nova Markers on this card from the game. You may ignore one wound for each Nova Marker removed.

HUMAN ROCKET
Nova may attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. If Nova attacks a figure that was at least 2 spaces away before Nova moved this turn with his normal attack, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. Human Rocket may only be used if Nova used his normal Flying move for all of his movement this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Plaintext for readability.
Quote:
NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTITY = RICHARD RIDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RECKLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 210

FORCED TO THE LIMITS
At the start of the game, place 2 gold Nova Markers in a Nova Force pool. Before taking a turn with Nova, you may move a Nova Marker from the Nova Force Pool to this card. Add 1 to Nova's Attack number for each Nova Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2. If Nova would receive one or more wounds from a normal or special attack while there are Nova Markers on this card, remove all Nova Markers on this card from the game. You may ignore one wound for each Nova Marker removed.

HUMAN ROCKET
Nova may attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. If Nova attacks a figure that was at least 2 spaces away before Nova moved this turn with his normal attack, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. Human Rocket may only be used if Nova used his normal Flying move for all of his movement this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Completely ditched Gravimetric Pulse, it didn't come up in any of my games, and it felt like it was adding more complication than it was worth. We can always give him a range of 2 or 3 if we really want to rep the idea that he does blasts of energy on rare occasions.

Rest of the changes are just an attempt to push him more towards being a frontline brawler that will stick around for a minute instead of a glass cannon sniper. I also really like that dropping his defense brings him to the point where none of his stats are higher than those of Nova vI. That feels good to me.
Old May 20th, 2020, 01:56 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Like the cleaner design here and the ability to remove markers to prevent wounds.
Old May 20th, 2020, 08:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good. Pre-yea for public testing if you're happy with where he's at.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 20th, 2020, 02:01 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Getting caught up here. I liked the SP design, weird that it didn't play very well. I thought the pulse was very cool.

I know he's Marvel's GL, but does he have a power that gets used up with markers? Also what's the theme behind using them to shield? I honestly don't know, especially this era of the character.

Normally I'm good with 2 power cards, but just reading the two of them, I still like the SP better on paper. What if we just give him one more marker?
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Just A Head

I think the main problem is that his durability isn't really matching his speed and attack, meaning the optimal strategy is just holding him back until the right moment then shooting him out to snipe a specific target, which just doesn't feel very Nova to me. I think adding another marker would just encourage the same gameplay, but just make him better at it.

I don't think he needs insane durability, but I think he'll feel and play better if he can stick around a bit longer. Right now, he's at the same level as Moon Knight or Ravage in terms of survivability.

The theme I'm trying to portray with Forced is basically a force of will thing. If we're comparing to GLs, Rich is definitely a Hal or Guy type, who uses his own stubborn persistence to overcome obstacles. So the ignoring wounds was less meant as a shield, and more meant as a Going the Distance type of effect. If that theme's not coming through, I'm totally fine with reworking the specifics, but I definitely feel a durability boost is good here.

I liked Gravimetric Pulse too, it just wasn't coming through correctly in gameplay, and it's not something that's majorly iconic to the character.
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The problem with markers with a playstyle like you're trying to encourage is that markers inherently make you stop and think. They're a limited resource. If you want him in-your-face, drop the markers completely. Just add in go the distance from Daredevil.

Also for what it's worth, shooting forward fast and dying quick sounds just like a rocket to me.
Old May 20th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Just A Head

I don't think the original version made you stop and think at all though. At the start of the round, you check and see if you want to snipe with Nova this round. If yes, you spend all your markers to make his attack and move go up. This new version has a lot of little quirks to make it more interesting to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library