Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 3rd, 2022, 05:05 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
The original article mentioned this was announced at Gencon on August 3rd, 2020, which implies this article was ready to go and be announced at GenCon 2020?? Dang covid messing up even more things!

I like this theory! And I'd definitely believe it, to be able to announce it to a bigger audience and when more events are going on.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old August 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I have been busy with the HeroQuest re-release and this news is even better! I will be running out of Quests eventually and my new play group will be ready to evolve into this game!

Last edited by Hogg; August 3rd, 2022 at 09:15 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 05:08 PM
Will Never Legitimately Beat Bistro At Anything

TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker

I have arisen from my grave to great news. Less great since I don't really play games in person anymore but super stoked to see this. I need to get the old stuff out of the cobwebs. I'm excited for the team and excited for NEW scape.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 05:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I'm guessing/hoping that the dragon lady is no longer exercising any influence on the packaging, so we don't have the common/unique problem from back in the day.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 05:40 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder if any of the original sculptors are part of the project; looking forward to more updates!
Old August 3rd, 2022, 05:52 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I collect a lot of Hasbro products (Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, GI Joe Classified, HeroQuest revival.)

One thing I have noticed they do is selling something as a normal release, then having a jazzed up version as an exclusive later. An example is the GI Joe Zartan figure, he was sold as a normal figure in the regular line. Then as an SDCC exclusive, they sold a color changing version with extra accessories.

Its possible that the glowing lava is a feature like that, it may be something that is sold in a deluxe or exclusive set, then regular versions come with not glowing tiles.

Or it could just be a mock up for the announcement at the trade show and none of us will get glowing lava unless we customize it.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 06:54 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Damn...it's about time.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 06:55 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritzix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Reprinting ROTV, Orm's Return, Forgotten Forest, etc would be unecesary i think since pretty much everyone has it
Unless you want to bring in players who never collected before. Bundle Forest with Orm's return or something like that.

It would be helpful to keep compatibility.
There would be some new players who'd purchase the older content, but from a production standpoint it may create problems because providing old content would require time, money, warehouse space, shipping costs to stores, and shelf space at stores; all of that would divert away from resources spent on new content, which everyone would buy. I'd imagine they'd focus first on producing old content that old players would also buy such as the aforementioned Aquillas Alliance

If the heroscape revival proves successful and the company has reason to believe enough new players would buy the content then I can see a reprint of ROTV becoming justified
Old August 3rd, 2022, 07:38 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I'm guessing/hoping that the dragon lady is no longer exercising any influence on the packaging, so we don't have the common/unique problem from back in the day.
Who is the dragon lady?
Old August 3rd, 2022, 07:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Almost as good as the return of Heroscape is the return of all these old faces. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaemonawa View Post
If the new content is successful, do you think they may reprint some of the older waves?
Speaking as someone who owns plenty of all the older official stuff, I hope they do consider reprints. Heroscape was never intended to be a collectible game. Not to mention that for many players who got into the game late or after its cancellation, "older" stuff would still be new to them.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Photo taken by a fella who set up the booth at Gencon.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:00 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I don't think this represents all the terrain in the set nor the miniatures.

However due to the paint job and the different colored bases, I'm going to guess this all comes unpainted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion