Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 6th, 2022, 11:46 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 0] Honored Soul-Guides (Lantern Geists) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I think you're correct and I think it's usually the full name in the first instance and abbreviated after that. I'd have to find actual proof, though.

This sounds like something @Just_a_Bill would know.
That is in fact something JaB would know. He mentioned when helping me edit my proposal for the Lillianna figure. The full name is mentioned in the first instance and the abbreviated thereafter
Old June 6th, 2022, 07:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Ha, nailed it.

So do we want to give this a shot?

Quote:
JOURNEY THROUGH THE SPIRIT WORLD
Once per turn, when a figure you control moves adjacent to an Honored Soul-Guide while moving normally, you may place that figure adjacent to a different Soul-Guide you control. That figure may then continue its movement. Figures moved by Journey Through the Spirit World never take leaving engagement attacks.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 8th, 2022, 02:12 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

This effect is better in some ways, but the figures still don't behave like psychopomps and they aren't guiding souls but rather teleporting the living around the forest. Half of me wants to propose their class be "Portals," since basically one is the Blue Portal and one is the Orange Portal. I have to admit I'm struggling to figure out what the storyline is here, why they are "honored," etc. Maybe somebody could summarize the story of exactly what's happening and we can think about a new thematic layer for it?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:19 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
This effect is better in some ways, but the figures still don't behave like psychopomps and they aren't guiding souls but rather teleporting the living around the forest. Half of me wants to propose their class be "Portals," since basically one is the Blue Portal and one is the Orange Portal. I have to admit I'm struggling to figure out what the storyline is here, why they are "honored," etc. Maybe somebody could summarize the story of exactly what's happening and we can think about a new thematic layer for it?
I think it's basically Teleportation via your soul (they teleport your soul and your body follows?)

I feel like the theme makes a ton of sense if you don't ask too many questions lol
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:55 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I think it's basically Teleportation via your soul (they teleport your soul and your body follows?)

I feel like the theme makes a ton of sense if you don't ask too many questions lol
Heh, I appreciate the effort... but this is kind of pointing out how it really doesn't make any sense at all.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 9th, 2022, 03:25 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The idea is that the Soul Guides have the ability to guide living travelers through the land of the dead (the "Spirit World"). Travelers need a guide to lead them into and out of the Spirit World, hence the need for a Soul Guide on either end. Time also passes differently in the spirit world, which is why the "teleportation" from one guide to the other appears instantaneous.
Old June 9th, 2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
The idea is that the Soul Guides have the ability to guide living travelers through the land of the dead (the "Spirit World"). Travelers need a guide to lead them into and out of the Spirit World, hence the need for a Soul Guide on either end. Time also passes differently in the spirit world, which is why the "teleportation" from one guide to the other appears instantaneous.
Right, like teleporting across the material world via the Astral Plane in D&D.
Old June 9th, 2022, 08:11 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I haven't played DnD, but yeah that sounds right. Hopefully that's relatively apparent from the power mechanics and name?
Old June 9th, 2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I haven't played DnD, but yeah that sounds right. Hopefully that's relatively apparent from the power mechanics and name?
I mean... a vague association is at least apparent. That's what I was trying to articulate in my original comment. But obviously when I tried to articulate it it kinda fell apart and I had to rely on "it just sorta feels right." But the reason it feels right is bc of prior association with astral teleportation in other games/media
Old June 10th, 2022, 03:28 AM

What about tweaking it a bit, to still offer teleportation indirectly, but more subtly?

Quote:
SOUL GUIDES

INTO THE AFTERLIFE
If a Soul Guide you control is [ adjacent to | within __ clear sight spaces of ] a friendly figure that is destroyed and removed from the battlefield, you may place the destroyed figure on this Army Card.

BACK TO THE LIVING
After taking a turn with the Soul Guides, you may destroy 1 or 2 Soul Guides you control to return one previously destroyed figure from this Army Card to the battlefield on a space the destroyed Guide(s) occupied. You must Destroy 1 Soul Guide to return a Squad member or 2 to return a Hero. Remove [ all | up to __ ] wound markers from the returned figure's Army Card. Back to the Living does not affect Undead, Constructs, or Animata.

STEALTH FLYING
That second power could be written a bit more Scapishly, at the cost of making it substantially longer:

Quote:
After taking a turn with the Soul Guides, you may do one of the following:
  • Destroy 1 Soul Guide you control and place one previously destroyed Squad figure from this Army Card on the space that Guide occupied.
  • Destroy 2 Soul Guides you control, place one previously destroyed Hero from this Army Card on one of the spaces those Guides occupied, and remove [ all | up to __ ] wound markers from that Hero's Army Card.
Back to the Living does not affect Undead, Constructs, or Animata.

Old June 10th, 2022, 10:43 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
INTO THE AFTERLIFE
If a Soul Guide you control is [ adjacent to | within __ clear sight spaces of ] a friendly figure that is destroyed and removed from the battlefield, you may place the destroyed figure on this Army Card.
Powers that can grab any figure don't play well with various powers that already do things with dead figures.
Old June 11th, 2022, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Powers that can grab any figure don't play well with various powers that already do things with dead figures.
... Or, they are purposely intended to provide competition to such powers via d20 roll-offs. In fact, I considered that one of the best places to do such a thing would be on a Unique squad of minimal membership (2 figures) whose members are intentionally designed to self-destruct, since this would keep the number of such interactions to a minimum.

Actual problem? Or mutual counter-draft opportunity?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs