Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 20th, 2020, 03:03 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Arashiyama Inner Guard ~ FINAL EDITING

Old January 20th, 2020, 04:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I think you're okay then. Though if we're not planning to reuse it, I'd suggest building on Karat's edits and going with:

Quote:
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Ninja or Yakuza to be the Yakuza Oyabun. If the Oyabun would roll defense dice against a normal attack, instead you may choose an Arashiyama Inner Guard to move adjacent to the Oyabun or the attacking figure with its normal movement. That Arashiyama Inner Guard must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the Oyabun. When an Arashiyama Inner Guard uses Yakuza Protection, he will take all leaving engagement attacks
It doesn't really cover the "some power kicks in and stops the Guard from getting adjacent" case, but a lot of C3G cards don't and I think we have rulings in place.
Old January 20th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I do plan on using something similar that will be reusable.
Old January 20th, 2020, 04:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I always assume if they tried and were stopped, they just stop where they are.

With the wording changes maybe we can cut the whole Oyabun thing completely? I don't really like it since it's redundant with Arashi himself, but it made the wording work.

Quote:
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Ninja or Yakuza. If the chosen figure would roll defense dice against a normal attack, instead you may choose an Arashiyama Inner Guard to move adjacent to the chosen figure or the attacking figure with its normal movement. That Arashiyama Inner Guard must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the chosen figure. When an Arashiyama Inner Guard uses Yakuza Protection, he will take all leaving engagement attacks
Old January 20th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I do plan on using something similar that will be reusable.
Similar is fine, I mainly just wasn't sure if LP wanted this exact same power on multiple units (in which case you'd want some wording to make sure that they'd all be picking the same guy to protect, or cleanly handle them picking multiple guys, if that wasn't the intent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah I always assume if they tried and were stopped, they just stop where they are.

With the wording changes maybe we can cut the whole Oyabun thing completely? I don't really like it since it's redundant with Arashi himself, but it made the wording work.

Quote:
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Ninja or Yakuza. If the chosen figure would roll defense dice against a normal attack, instead you may choose an Arashiyama Inner Guard to move adjacent to the chosen figure or the attacking figure with its normal movement. That Arashiyama Inner Guard must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the chosen figure. When an Arashiyama Inner Guard uses Yakuza Protection, he will take all leaving engagement attacks
I'm cool with that, but maybe swap the "chosen figure"s to "chosen Hero", just to completely separate those references from the Guard that you choose to move?
Old January 20th, 2020, 04:33 PM
...has moist legs

Good call!

Quote:
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Ninja or Yakuza. If the chosen Hero would roll defense dice against a normal attack, instead you may choose an Arashiyama Inner Guard to move adjacent to the chosen Hero or the attacking figure with its normal movement. That Arashiyama Inner Guard must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the chosen Hero. When an Arashiyama Inner Guard uses Yakuza Protection, he will take all leaving engagement attacks
Any other thoughts? Otherwise I'll update the SP and get set for art.
Old January 21st, 2020, 02:15 PM
...has moist legs

SP updated. I believe we're set for art!
Old January 22nd, 2020, 04:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

First run at cards is up.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 22nd, 2020, 04:30 PM
...has moist legs

Looks fantastic! Any comments before finalizing?
Old January 23rd, 2020, 10:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Wording looks good. I'm still not super comfortable using red figures as a default for purple characters though - happy to include them as an alternate card people who can't or won't paint their Izumis, but I don't like it as the main one.

First post also need an "art by" update.
Old January 23rd, 2020, 10:47 AM
...has moist legs

Considering these guys are background characters that show up in like 3 issues, and I'm essentially just using them to round out the Yakuza faction rather than be as comic-accurate as possible, I'm not comfortable throwing a repaint on there as the main card. It's such a minor detail that I think we can overlook. If you want to paint, go for it, but simpler = better in this case.

If they were named characters that had more impact in the story, I would definitely repaint and match their look.

"Art by" is updated!

Last edited by Lord Pyre; January 23rd, 2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2020, 03:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Concur with LP's thoughts. If they were more significant I'd be more concerned about the color of their clothes. Plus the fact that the first HS Master Set hasn't been produced for over a decade now, so putting out an expectation that new players not only track down the figures, but then repaint them and make them less marketable for resale is a bad idea. I know some people are OCD and will need to make them official if we say the official figures are purple.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library