Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 27th, 2010, 02:52 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker
Re: How do you beat a 6yr old...

Your 6-yr old must have some friends right? Invite the kids over and have a group game of heroscape!
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

My seven year old daughter just played her first game. I coached her againt my 11 year old son, who's a very good player.

He was trying out D1 figs so he got sky hunter, water elementals x4 and PK x4.

Daughter got vipers x6, venoc warlord, greater ice elemental.

You can probably guess where this is going . . .

On her first run with the vipers, she rolled four frenzies (seven total in the game). My son wiffed several times against vipers. By the time the dust settled, my son was wiped out, and my daughter had only lost seven vipers. It's the game every viper army player dreams of.

The upside of the kid winning: I think we have a new player in the family.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old March 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Keep teaching him and then start taking him to tournaments. Make him play against himself at least 3 hours every day. Drive to tournaments around the country, raking in the ca$h.

That's how I do it anyway. My 7-year-old recently beat Spider_Poison so I think he's ready for the Gencon Heroscape $1,000,000 Grand Championship!
Old March 27th, 2010, 11:46 AM

gelcom5 Woo who?

I'm currently 14, so I always have an advantage when playing the older people. I tend to get lucky. Lots. But when I got RoTV when it first came out, I played my dad, beat him, and he hated the game. So I didn't play again for a very long time. Don't be the sore loser father ha.

It's not that the glass is half empty or half full... It's just the wrong drink.
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:11 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, we have been Scaping a lot more lately. I ran into a guy that used to attend my YuGiOh tourneys and turned him and a friend so far onto Scape. To ease them into the game, we have been using 300 pt armies in team games. The last couple of days, my son and I have been playing a couple of games a day. Here are some pics of figures we have been playing in 300pt format.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My friend's and I played the Abandoned Outpost scenerio today. The map is still on the table, so my son wanted to build an army to play on the map. He actually really surprised me.

His army:
Theracus
Earth Elemental
KMA
Syvarris
Jotun

I am going to let him play the scenerio with my friends the next time we Scape. I think he is going to surprise them too. I told him how to place his starting OMs.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Keep teaching him and then start taking him to tournaments. Make him play against himself at least 3 hours every day. Drive to tournaments around the country, raking in the ca$h.

That's how I do it anyway. My 7-year-old recently beat Spider_Poison so I think he's ready for the Gencon Heroscape $1,000,000 Grand Championship!
Yeah, that tournament has a $5,000 entrence fee that must be paid to me....

And Xrane, I know what you mean by lucky. My brother gets amazingly luckly rolls, even though his army has no strategy and is just one big conglomerate of characters...

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
How do you beat a 6yr old
I use a rather large stick.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Lol, I ask this because I have been Scaping with my son. He knows the rules and can read and understand the cards. He's still learning strategy tho. Here's the thing? How do you beat a 6yr old when he can roll DIE FOR DIE!!!

I have not read thru the thread so if someone has alread come up with this I sorry.

The best way to beat a 6 year old is play him when he is five. Once they start beating you they never let up... you got to get your licks in when they are young.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Quote:
How do you beat a 6yr old
I use a rather large stick.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:09 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

To Beat your Son use a Dice Tower and Pray. Just Kidding. I played My 9 year old Niece who I've taught and I can't catch a Break and I use my Dice Tower .. ..... But, I tell ya I'm just happy to spend time with her so If she wins and shes happy and loves the game then I'm happy and do not mind loosing. So Keep on Scaping and Good Luck!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion