Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ebon Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Say it did work for everyone would you be able to?

~HS2010, curiously and wondering how he could put a Self-Destruct like power on a human.
No, it would still not work, even if Probe Droids were human and uncommon. The Probe Droid was destroyed by its own power, not by an attack or leaving engagement attack.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Say it did work for everyone would you be able to?

~HS2010, curiously and wondering how he could put a Self-Destruct like power on a human.
No, it would still not work. Read ETERNAL WAR again.
Normal, special, or LEA... I'm targeted by a normal attack and I choose not to roll defense, self-destruct, and then I destroy my Droid. You're saying I'm not destroyed by the attack, I'm destroyed by my self-destruct power? Ok, that's all I needed to know.

Last edited by Sheep; July 22nd, 2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old August 6th, 2014, 03:28 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

If I replace a unique figure with an Ebon Armor figure pursuant to Eternal War, if the Ebon Armor is being placed next to a Nakita Agent (or other unit with engagement strike), is the Ebon Armor subject engagement strike?
(assuming that the figure that was destroyed had already been engaged with the Nakita).
According the Book of Arashara Goshiri, "move" and "place" are the same. Just wondering if "replace" functions any differently?
Thematically it would make sense that the Ebon Armor would not take the engagement strike. However, as a matter of game mechanics, it seems that they probably do have to risk the engagement strike.
Just looking to clarify as this has already come up one time.
Old August 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

IMO ES occurs.

But what about a Cathar Spearmen?
Let's say that a Cathar Spearman is engaged with a figure that has an Ebon Armor on his army card. If the Cathar kills this figure, can we count him as unengaged to use Braced Spear against the Ebon Armor ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yes, Engagement strike happens - this is no different than Zombies Rise Again or pounce other powers which can trigger engagement strike. A new figure is placed into engagement, so engagement strike occurs.

Braced Spear does not occur - the Cathar Spearman was not "previously unengaged". The engagement is considered continuous.

Last edited by dok; August 6th, 2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:15 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If Isamu dies to end the game with an Ebon Armor on his army card, is the game over or can I still place the Ebon Armor on the battlefield?
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
If Isamu dies to end the game with an Ebon Armor on his army card, is the game over or can I still place the Ebon Armor on the battlefield?
I believe so, as Victory Conditions aren't checked until the end of the turn.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 28th, 2014, 10:17 PM

flameslayer is correct. It's the same reason you don't instantly lose if Marcu is your last figure and you hit eternal hatred.
Old November 28th, 2014, 10:23 PM

Thanks, guys!
Old February 6th, 2015, 08:33 PM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart

I want to be sure that I'm playing this correct, and if so, WOW!

I played a game over the weekend with the Ebon Armor, a few heroes, along with the Tarn Viking Warriors, a Unique Squad. After running the Ebon Armor out front, I placed a deceased Ebon Armor on the TVW card (Animated Materiel). Then, after one of the Tarns met his end, I replaced that Tarn with that single Ebon Armor figure (Eternal War). Easy Peasy.

Shortly thereafter, that Ebon Armor figure was killed by a normal attack. As the EA card reads, Animated Materiel allows me to put the Ebon Armor back on the TVW card, because at that point, the TVW card "did not have an Ebon Armor on it". Thus, when my next Tarn died, that Ebon Armor figure came back AGAIN. That singular Ebon Armor did the Animated Materiel/Eternal War combo a third time after another TVW died. By placing the Ebon Armor on a Unique Squad, they have a chance to come back repeatedly.

If this is the intent, the Ebon Armor teamed up with a few different Unique Squads (think Samurai) would make for a relentless, seemingly unending force. Like I said, WOW!

Just to check, were we playing this right? What does the community say?

DAFE31
Old February 6th, 2015, 08:38 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That is the correct way to play the Ebon Armor! They can also be quite good in a ninja army, as they have a lot of good heroes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 6th, 2015, 11:32 PM

jburek is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

By the way, can anyone suggest good semi-lookalike proxies for this squad?

(Recently have become a convert to C3V figures after longtime lurking, but I see these figures are practically unavailable at this point.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs