Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old September 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

I've got minimal time for playtesting these days, so don't expect I'll have any opportunity for awhile to move anything forward here.
Old September 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Same; new school, jam-packed schedule, just not time...

Ran Gandalf a couple months ago but didn't get a chance to write up the test. Busy summer, it was.

There's a CCC/RPG club here, though... I'm working on adding "Miniature Gaming" to that list (X-Wing and HeroScape). I know there are plenty of LOTR fans up there, so if I can get people hooked on 'Scape we may just have a base of playtesters for HoME. Doubtful, though. I'm running an X-Wing game tonight to introduce people, and hope to introduce 'Scape when I move my collection up.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old September 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
@elvenwizard9 Was it a playtesting marathon?

--
@faure , @elvenwizard9 , @White Knight , @infectedsloth , @Son of Arathorn

Nothing is moving here, guys. Do we want to go back to our previous version of Gandalf and pass him at 155 or something? Is anyone going to step forward and do more playtesting? That is not an accusation: I am aware that I have not done any playtesting in a long time as well.
1) I still prefer my beefed up version of Gandalf, but I'm OK to pass our previous version of Gandalf at 155. With so many playtests already, I doubt we're going to get people excited about doing even more. Lets just pass him at 155 and move on.

2) To keep this thread project, I suggest moving on to Boromir, Legolas, or Gimli in the Design thread.
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:15 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

LOTR Clix on sale today at MM, FYI!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wzk71000.html
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

--

Nothing is moving here, guys. Do we want to go back to our previous version of Gandalf and pass him at 155 or something? Is anyone going to step forward and do more playtesting? That is not an accusation: I am aware that I have not done any playtesting in a long time as well.
1) I still prefer my beefed up version of Gandalf, but I'm OK to pass our previous version of Gandalf at 155. With so many playtests already, I doubt we're going to get people excited about doing even more. Lets just pass him at 155 and move on.
I propose we move the following version of Gandalf forward:
Quote:
NAME = GANDALF
GENERAL = JANDAR
SPECIES = MAIA
PLANET = ARDA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = WISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

STATS, MASTER/BASIC
LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 155

BLAZING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All opponents' figures adjacent to Gandalf are affected by Blazing Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. At the end of your turn, after using Blazing Strike Special Attack, you may move Gandalf up to 4 spaces. Gandalf does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

LEADERSHIP
After taking a turn with Gandalf, you may move up to 3 small or medium Unique Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. Any figures moved by Leadership must end their movement adjacent to Gandalf. Figures moved by Leadership do not take leaving engagement attacks.
@faure , @elvenwizard9 , @White Knight : , @infectedsloth , @Son of Arathorn : , capsocrates :

Let's see some votes!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; December 13th, 2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: updated vote tally
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:47 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Old December 4th, 2014, 07:25 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Old December 11th, 2014, 09:45 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Wow those stats sound awesome and I would give my *THUMB UP* approval if I were able. I'm just anxiously awaiting the release of entire LOTR and HOBBIT sets with HS cards. I realize that the "Designing and Play-Testing Process" is tedious because You guys want to get it right, but I hate to read debates about minutia that is causing more delays.

Have you considered taking a page from the Wiz Kids' marketing methodology to release multiple cards for the same figure? For example: they have Rookie, Experienced, and Veteran versions of almost all of their figures because it's obviously a lot cheaper to print a card than mold plastic models.

So although it's rarely been done in HeroScape (i.e. only Raelin and Sgt. Drake, so far), why not release two or three cards for our favorite characters? There could be a 155, 180, and 205 point version of Gandalf (or any other hero) for the same sculpted model. This way the player can choose which version they want to use for a particular scenario, game format, or Army Build total.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 11th, 2014, 10:46 PM

Unfortunately, most of the minutia are about getting the points right. We want the figures to be useful, but not in the A+ range where they outclass most other units.

We had a lot of playtesters, and a lot of playtests, but our inability to agree on final stats/points probably turned most people away from playtesting. To regain trust and enthusiam, we probably need to show that we can pass a unit with a LOT less than 50 playtests.
Old December 12th, 2014, 06:45 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

--

I propose we move the following version of Gandalf forward:
Quote:
NAME = GANDALF
GENERAL = JANDAR
SPECIES = MAIA
PLANET = ARDA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WIZARD
PERSONALITY = WISE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

STATS, MASTER/BASIC
LIFE = 7
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 155

BLAZING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
All opponents' figures adjacent to Gandalf are affected by Blazing Strike Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. At the end of your turn, after using Blazing Strike Special Attack, you may move Gandalf up to 4 spaces. Gandalf does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

LEADERSHIP
After taking a turn with Gandalf, you may move up to 3 small or medium Unique Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. Any figures moved by Leadership must end their movement adjacent to Gandalf. Figures moved by Leadership do not take leaving engagement attacks.
@faure , @elvenwizard9 , @White Knight : , @infectedsloth , @Son of Arathorn : , capsocrates :

Let's see some votes!
Out of pure curiosity -- when I was working with you folks here, didn't stuff like this go in the HoME Voting Thread?

~JS, who popped by to see if this got going again
Old December 12th, 2014, 09:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

You are probably right, JS. I forgot about the voting thread. We'll finish up these votes here.

We are still waiting on @faure , @elvenwizard9 , and @infectedsloth to weigh in on this and the other votes.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 12th, 2014, 10:11 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry, haven't been on in quite some time.
I'll give it a Yes vote.

Given my lengthy absence, and that I'm not likely to be reasonably active for the immediate future, it probably makes sense for me to pass on my voting position to someone more active.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs