Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 6th, 2015, 07:43 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Warden 816

Warden 816
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 15th, 2017, 03:04 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

I've recently played three games with this guy, two of them in tournament with the rest of my army comprised of Glads, Blasts, and Q10. He completely demolished every game; there is no way I believe he is a C-. He consistently performed far better than Q10, and his boost to the Blasts is very noticeable. All in all, I strongly believe this guy should get a bump to ~C+.
Old October 15th, 2017, 10:29 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I always liked this guy too. A boost to guards is really nice - borderline necessary for some builds. Range attack with a strong melee special attack is great. But where this guy always falters for me is durability. I feel like he'd be better suited to have either 3 life or 7 defense. 2 life and 6 defense in my experience is just a little too fragile.
Old October 15th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The other issue that Warden suffers from is that (like many units) he only has one attack per turn. Couple that with his moderate survivability, and squads can take him out in a turn or two. He does make a good cheerleader for the Granite Guardians though.
Old April 15th, 2021, 06:26 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Just suggesting an add of the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands to C3V synergy.
Old April 15th, 2021, 10:46 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Second that, Warden is in all my Honor Guard builds. +1 move is too good, especially when he can clean house after everything is over.

EDIT: Tomb Skeleton Archers also belong on here, they are guards and not archers
Old April 16th, 2021, 01:21 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Yes! Totally agree. He's almost a must have when running Honor Guard I think. Really good for clean-up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Second that, Warden is in all my Honor Guard builds. +1 move is too good, especially when he can clean house after everything is over.

EDIT: Tomb Skeleton Archers also belong on here, they are guards and not archers
Old April 16th, 2021, 05:58 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Updated using my MOD powers. I still need to do a clean sweep update of all the books.
Old April 20th, 2021, 08:08 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't played the Honour Guard before so admittedly I'm just theoryscaping here, but is the Warden really that essential a figure for an Honour Guard army? +1 move is nice but the jump from 5-6 move isn't nearly as big of a deal as the jump from 4-5 move, and 90 points is a lot to sink into a figure that only provides a modest benefit to your forces. I agree that the Warden is 100% worth running with 4-move units like the Crypt Guardians, Tomb Skeletons/Tomb Skeleton Archers and Granite Guardians (technically not base 4 move but whatever), but to me it doesn't seem like he's nearly as useful when used with the Honour Guard? Again, I've never actually played the Honour Guard though so I'm happy for someone to correct me on this.
Old April 20th, 2021, 11:00 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
I haven't played the Honour Guard before so admittedly I'm just theoryscaping here, but is the Warden really that essential a figure for an Honour Guard army? +1 move is nice but the jump from 5-6 move isn't nearly as big of a deal as the jump from 4-5 move, and 90 points is a lot to sink into a figure that only provides a modest benefit to your forces. I agree that the Warden is 100% worth running with 4-move units like the Crypt Guardians, Tomb Skeletons/Tomb Skeleton Archers and Granite Guardians (technically not base 4 move but whatever), but to me it doesn't seem like he's nearly as useful when used with the Honour Guard? Again, I've never actually played the Honour Guard though so I'm happy for someone to correct me on this.
It really depends on the map.

There's a fair amount of tournament maps where 5 move can function similarly to 4 move if the height jumps are in the wrong places (i.e. where you can't take the 5th movement because it would require 6 to advance the next space). There's also maps where 5 move instead of 6 doesn't cost you a space forward. Don't have good examples off the top of my head unfortunately though.

So I'd say the level of essential-ness is dependent on the map pool for the given tournament. If close to half of the maps fall into the former category (i.e. bad for 5 move mele figures) then it's often worth it for the Warden, and not if most of the maps fall into the 2nd category.

Also I should note that point total & figure limits obviously have an effect on the Warden's utility in that army as well, but mainly just discussing the map impact here.
Old April 20th, 2021, 11:42 PM

Agree with everything Chris Perkins said. I would also add that I think Honor Guard are a strong squad, but only if you are consistently using Arc Lances. That probably goes without saying, but that's where I think the +1 move is so critical. If you happen to lose a couple of Honor Guard on the front line, that +1 move can make a huge differene in getting reinforcements up to replace them in time to activate Arc Lances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units