Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Air Elemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly1hornedmule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
Here's a question:
OK, so the card says figures may never move through a figure affected by Swirling Vortex. But it also says only opponent's figures are affected. So what if one of my figures with the phantom walk power tries to move the the arrow grut affected by SW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirling Vortex last sentence
Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex.
Yours or your opponent's.
After reading the card it does say opponent's figure, and any figure affected by swirling vortex. So your own figured are never affected.
Your figures are not affected, BUT they also cannot Phantom walk through a figure that is.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:01 AM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Easily the elemental that can be squeezed into almost any army, with a passive ability (meaning one that doesn't require order markers) that can shut down whole roads, they grind down fast mover armies and scurries. They make awesome glyph grabbers as well. Though the inability to stop flyers nerfs them a bit...and kinda doesn't make a whole lotta sense imo lol
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Swirling Vortex question: if a melee figure moves toward an Air Elemental, then stops two spaces away from the AE, can that figure then move one more space on its next activation to become engaged with the AE?
Old September 15th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Swirling Vortex question: if a melee figure moves toward an Air Elemental, then stops two spaces away from the AE, can that figure then move one more space on its next activation to become engaged with the AE?
Yes, the vortex restricts movement to one space at a time per turn when caught in it.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

How are small/medium figures, being carried by other large/huge figures, affected by Swirling Vortex? For example, let's say that Brunak is moving past an opponent's air elemental, and he is carrying Raelin. Does Brunak have to drop Raelin within 2 spaces of the Air Elemental, or can she continue on the ride? It makes sense that she can continue on Brunak's back, as he is the one actually doing the moving, but I wanted to verify this.

Thanks,
Filthy
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
How are small/medium figures, being carried by other large/huge figures, affected by Swirling Vortex? For example, let's say that Brunak is moving past an opponent's air elemental, and he is carrying Raelin. Does Brunak have to drop Raelin within 2 spaces of the Air Elemental, or can she continue on the ride? It makes sense that she can continue on Brunak's back, as he is the one actually doing the moving, but I wanted to verify this.

Thanks,
Filthy
She gets placed adjacent to Brunak after Brunak is done moving. Raelin isn't actually moving at all, she is just getting placed. Swirling vortex would not limit where Brunak can place Raelin.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

Okay, thi came up in my game last night. One of my warforged soldiers moved within two spaces of an air elemental and in the process engaged DW7k, who was engaged to the air elemental. Can I tactical switch with DW7k?

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Okay, thi came up in my game last night. One of my warforged soldiers moved within two spaces of an air elemental and in the process engaged DW7k, who was engaged to the air elemental. Can I tactical switch with DW7k?
I would assume so. My reasoning is that Swirling Vortex takes effect once per movement phase for each figure. Although the WFS took his -normal- move phase into the vortex, that does not mean he still cannot take another movement phase(however, it must have have come from another source such as a power or glyph). This second -special- movement phase does not correlate to the original time the Vortex stopped the WFS.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Good question. The swirling vortex power is different from the Gladiatrons' cyberclaw in that it says "must end its move there" not "may not move." Since the tactical switch is after a normal move I would say it could still do it with swirling vortex in effect, but still not move with cyberclaw. My - others can chime in.
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:46 AM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

"SWIRLING VORTEX
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves into a space within 2 clear sight spaces of an Air Elemental you control, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex.
"

I take the first sentence as the definition of what is 'affected' by Swirling Vortex...so the following situation bothers me (it has to do with the words in bold and underlined above):

You move your Air Elemental such that the Vortex is placed upon one or more opponent's figures. Now, by the strict reading of the card, these figures DID NOT 'move into a space' to be affected...so, can the opponent subsequently move, say, Large figures through these "newly-affected" figures? I assume not...am I correct in the assumption that all of the opponent's figures in the Vortex are treated the same whether they moved into it or whether it was placed upon them?

Of course, there is no easy or good way to track which figures moved into the Vortex vs. which had it placed upon them...but I am disturbed by this situation in which 'do what the card means' trumps 'do what the card says'.

Lastly, if anyone can think of clearer wording, I'd be interested in hearing it (for example, for usage on custom cards). Thanks!
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Affected would be any figure within the two spaces I do believe. Whether they moved there or the Vortex was moved to them.
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:08 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
"SWIRLING VORTEX
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves into a space within 2 clear sight spaces of an Air Elemental you control, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex.
"

I take the first sentence as the definition of what is 'affected' by Swirling Vortex...so the following situation bothers me (it has to do with the words in bold and underlined above):

You move your Air Elemental such that the Vortex is placed upon one or more opponent's figures. Now, by the strict reading of the card, these figures DID NOT 'move into a space' to be affected...so, can the opponent subsequently move, say, Large figures through these "newly-affected" figures? I assume not...am I correct in the assumption that all of the opponent's figures in the Vortex are treated the same whether they moved into it or whether it was placed upon them?

Of course, there is no easy or good way to track which figures moved into the Vortex vs. which had it placed upon them...but I am disturbed by this situation in which 'do what the card means' trumps 'do what the card says'.

Lastly, if anyone can think of clearer wording, I'd be interested in hearing it (for example, for usage on custom cards). Thanks!
I would say that those figures have not yet been affected by Swirling Vortex, and so a Large or Huge figure (but obviously not a Small or Medium) could move through those figures until they took another step within the range of the power. I agree that it does make it necessary to track those instances where this happens, but it's not such a big deal. Personally, I would always stop at least 3 spaces from a melee figure if the power works as I've supposed.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units