Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2010, 11:14 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: The Hunger Games

I've been tearing through Catching Fire the last couple days. I though it started slow, but now it's really heating up. In fact, what am I doing here when I could be reading!

-insert signature here-
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Just finished book 2, Catching Fire, and I have to say that it was much better than I initially thought. I enjoyed it immensely, as my lack of sleep over the last 5 days will attest.

I do hope this is a trilogy and not an ongoing series (), though, as I eagerly await book 3.
Yes it is a trilogy.

Spoiler Alert!
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just finished Catching Fire about 2 minutes ago. Twice I was ready to be dissapointed in this book, and both times the book took a turn that I did not see coming.

Looked on Amazon and saw that book three is not due until 8/24/10...

Though you can pre-order it right now for $8.50 (normally $17.99).

-insert signature here-
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Just finished Catching Fire about 2 minutes ago. Twice I was ready to be dissapointed in this book, and both times the book took a turn that I did not see coming.

Looked on Amazon and saw that book three is not due until 8/24/10...

Though you can pre-order it right now for $8.50 (normally $17.99).
I hope that's not actually the cover of book three, though. Looks kind of bland. I'm thinking a better color would be gold.

Oh well. If color of the title is the worst we have to worry about, then we're in good shape.

I wonder, though, if we'll get more news of the Hunger Game movie before book 3.
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

I returned to the capital a couple night's ago and cannot put the book down. It's a good sign when you enjoy a book just as much the second time around.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Spoiler Alert!

Also, I found a Hunger Games Fan Forum!

Last edited by rednax; March 26th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That is awesome. Thanks rednax, for posting the name of the third book. I cannot wait, and eagerly anticipate it's release.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 22nd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
That is awesome. Thanks rednax, for posting the name of the third book. I cannot wait, and eagerly anticipate it's release.
Although now I have to wait six months. Now I know why it's called a mockingjay. The cover and title are litterally screaming "Read me!"
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:45 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I don't think I had a teacher read aloud to the whole class after second or third grade, that's weird.
I teach seventh grade, and I read aloud to my students every day. As long as you choose the right book, you'd be surprised how much they enjoy it. I'm actually reading Hunger Games to them right now. Today, we finished the chapter immediately prior to the beginning of the games, and they freaked out, not wanting to stop reading.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I don't think I had a teacher read aloud to the whole class after second or third grade, that's weird.
I teach seventh grade, and I read aloud to my students every day. As long as you choose the right book, you'd be surprised how much they enjoy it. I'm actually reading Hunger Games to them right now. Today, we finished the chapter immediately prior to the beginning of the games, and they freaked out, not wanting to stop reading.
That's great. We've got to spread the news about a well-written book!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:15 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep. Yesterday was the last day before Spring Break, and we stopped at the part where Katniss is in the tree and Cato takes out his sword and decides to come up after her. The kids were so mad!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Yep. Yesterday was the last day before Spring Break, and we stopped at the part where Katniss is in the tree and Cato takes out his sword and decides to come up after her. The kids were so mad!
Do you plan on reading them Catching Fire as well, the sequel?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books