Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
D&D Heroscape Information Thread

About this thread: This thread was originally made just after Gencon 2009, when D&D Heroscape was officially announced by WotC. The OP contains some very early info on Wave 12, but I didn't update it after that because discussion/information threads for just wave 12 were made, making this thread more or less obsolete. However, I'll still keep all of the old content around, as it is kind of interesting to look at. In an effort to organize all the information here a little better, I moved much of the older content over to post #4. The 1st version of this thread is archived on post #5. If you wish to see any info regarding the master set, see post #5. If you wish to see any information regarding future expansions in general, see post #4.

WHAT IS D&D HEROSCAPE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth's blog, 8/15/09
A new master set has been announced for Heroscape. It is fully compatible with standard heroscape but it has the D&D theme attached to it. There will be an official campaign in the set as well as some new rules and new glyphs.

This set was worked on by Jerry, Chris, and I and was playtested by all of the original playtesters. There will be some good new heroscape in this box.

The D&D theme brings something to the table that many heroscapers have tried to incorporate into the game for a long time - A dungeon crawl experience.

EDIT LOG:

Spoiler Alert!

Wave 12:

Wave 12 (also known as D2) is definitely going to be a D&Dscape wave and has a confirmed release date, as well as a name:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames View Post
...confirm the name of the D2 (wave 12) set.

In case you are still confused, it is...

WARRIORS OF EBERRON

The official release date is August 17.

A list of names that WotC trademarked surfaced a while ago. The list contained MS3 and D1 (Wave 11) names, but it also contained 5 additional names:

Quote:
Vetrans of the Last War
Golem and the Wyrmlings
Ogre and the Goblins
Heroes of Khorvair
Warriors of Eberron
Given that Warriors of Eberron is confirmed to be the name of wave 12, it follows that the other four names are likely for each individual wave 12 pack.

Additionally, one figure has already been (partially) revealed to us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth's Blog, Wave 11 Preview #2, 2/17/10

Kurrok the Elementalist-Wave 2 Preview:

Oh, caught your attention did we? Yes, we received the A-OK to do what we normally don’t do in Heroscape. We’re giving you an advanced preview of one of the Unique Heroes in Wave D2, due out later this year. Why now, you ask? Well look at his name. Kurrok commands the Elementals, much like Kato commanded the Ashigaru. Plus, it’s fun to be a wave ahead of things and be able to give some far off teases!

Sadly, you can’t proxy him yet because we can’t reveal the whole card. However, we can reveal his 2 special powers:

SUMMON ELEMENTAL
After moving and before attacking with Kurrok the Elementalist, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed small or medium Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kurrok the Elementalist.

MASTER OF THE ELEMENTS
After revealing an order marker on Kurrok the Elementalist, instead of taking that turn with Kurrok, you may take a turn with up to three small or medium Elementals you control that are within 8 clear sight spaces of Kurrok the Elementalist

When you draft Kurrok, you turn the Elementals into an ever-changing 3 unit squad. An entire front of Air Elementals, and assault by a squad of Water Elementals, a rumbling onslaught by the Earth Elementals, or a whole lot of Searing Intensity from the Fire Elementals, as well as any mix of the 4 of them!

Be sure to check back periodically for new information. If anything new is posted or released expect to see it reposted here. If you find anything new or noteworthy then be sure to post it here or PM it to me so I can add it to this post.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; December 9th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker
Re: D&D Heroscape Information Thread

Hmmm. I'll try to find the post with the list of contents.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Here we are:

Originally posted by Grim

CONTENTS

2 dungeon tiles (24 hex)
2 dungeon tiles (7 hex)
2 dungeon tiles (3 hex)
2 dungeon tiles (2 hex)
2 dungeon tiles (1 hex)
3 rock tiles (7 hex)
2 rock tiles (3 hex)
1 rock tiles (2 hex)
1 rock tiles (1 hex)
3 sand tiles (7 hex)
1 sand tile (2 hex)
1 sand tile (1 hex)
1 grass tile (3 hex)
1 grass tile (2 hex)
1 grass tile (1 hex)
17 water tiles (1 hex)
6 shadow pool tiles (1 hex)
1 rock Outcrop & base (3 hex)
3 rock Outcrop & base (1 hex)
10 painted figures
8 Army Cards
4 Tresure Glyphs
22 Wound Markers
8 Order Markers
11 dice
1 20-side die
1 rulebook

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Last edited by Sport351; August 14th, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is the second version of the thread.
This is the version of the thread from before we were given the Wave 11 previews.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; April 16th, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Caster of Crying

Here is the original thread.
This is the version of the thread from before we were given the three D&DHS previews.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; December 9th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Here are pics of the hero's from Retlaw's

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Caster of Crying

Thanks, added.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM

You didn't have a dragon picture so:

Originally posted by Kepler

— Mark Twain
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
Originally posted by Grim

CONTENTS
*snip*
11 dice
1 20-side die
1 rulebook
Probably nothing, but the odd dice number makes me wonder if there is some special use die. Reality will probably end up being that it is 12 standard dice (or new non-specific flagbearer type dice with a third symbol in place of the blank).
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM

It might be 12, I couldn't tell very well.

— Mark Twain
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Caster of Crying

8 combat dice. Click the picture to make huge.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just knew that they would find another use for the glaciers!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion