Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 11th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #10 Added!

[quote=Warlord Alpha;891724][quote=rednax;891612]Great job with these debates Megasilver!For a more even debate, you could try:

Tor-Kul-Na vs. Su-Bak-Na Make it TKN vs SBN vs WGS for Best Hivelord

You could, but, there's no way Wo-Sa-Ga could win. While we're at it, let's debate Dund and Major Q9!
Old August 11th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Stuff that wasn't necessary.
My responses in BOLD. A couple of them I didn't comment on because I don't know the units well enough.
Apparently we have very differing opinions on alot of these Warlord Alpha, I actually liked alot of the ones you picked out as pointless. If only there was a unit debate thread... Oh wait!
I liked the ones that were rather pointless too. They create interesting situations for debates.

EDIT: Notably Finn Vs. Thorgrim

MegaSilver
My idea was that if you compare units that are different but still similar (like Syvarris and Sonlen) you might have a more even debate. Honestly, if I wanted a cavalry unit and had to decide between the groks and templar, I'd choose the Templar in a heartbeat.

Now, you've got to ask yourself, do I go for the cheap, long range, weak, sniper, or the expensive, short range, durable, healer?

But as I said before, great job with these Megasilver.
Syvarris and Sonlen could work, but with a 60 point difference thier could be one figure that would recieve more attention. It's a good idea, but they are too far apart in points and powers. I will consider them in the future, but right now I am backlagged 3 debates.

And thanks for the support!

MegaSilver
Old August 11th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You did Brave Arrow and Migol.

110-50=60

And also, the 60 point difference is what makes the debate fun. Great hero, lots of points. Not as good hero, not as many points. ????

Last edited by rednax; August 11th, 2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old August 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You did Brave Arrow and Migol.

110-50=60

True, but I wanted thier bonding units used also.

MegaSilver
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think I'd rather compare units of similar point cost because then you're debating the units themselves and their abilities. If you do it the other way by comparing units of very different point cost your not comparing the units anymore, you're comparing the value assigned to those extra points.
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

The only problem (for lack of a better word) with debating units with a similar point cost is that they tend to be so similar with just a few tiny differences. When there was the Aubrien vs. TSA, most of us knew the Aubrien would win. Point differentials add another thing to debate about. If the TSA were only 50 points, would they have won: possibly. Would they have gotten more votes? Oh yeah.

What I'm trying to say is, units around the same point cost tend to be too similar to each other. You could always debate a ranged and melee squad around the same points, but generally they're too different to even compare.

When you ask "Do you like Aubriens or TSA more?" it's like asking if you want $10 or $5. When you take their point costs in to play, there's that other thing to think about.

I do see your point, though Darkmage7a.
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to see Spartacus Vs Kato. Both are commanders of their specific armies. They only can hope to be worth their points if you dedicate your entire army to them. Both armies are very different in function and style.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I would like to see Spartacus Vs Kato. Both are commanders of their specific armies. They only can hope to be worth their points if you dedicate your entire army to them. Both armies are very different in function and style.
Expect in 3-4 weeks!

Here Unit Debate #11!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26482

MegaSilver
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Quintaton16 is surprisingly tart
Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #11 Added!

I would like to nominate a Sir Gilbert vs. Marcus Decimus Gallus debate.

Although I do see a possible Gilbert landslide, the two 100-point ish bonding units with probably the best two sets of boosts in the game deserve a debate.

Old August 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM

Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #12 Added!

Unit Debate #12 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26621

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #12 Added!

Zetacron vs Dead eye Dan would be interesting

Both are 60 point long range support units but they play very differently.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM

Re: Unit Debates List --Debate #14 Added!

Debate #14 Added!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26698

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units